Reviews for Shards of Pane
YellowShoes chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Interesting story! I liked how the characters are portrayed. Definitely awesome...
blackhack chapter 3 . 7/24/2011
Fuck ya, stoked that you have a new story out, I'd love for you to tell me where I can get a copy of your new MDL story, that is still my favorite story of all time.

I'd write more but on my phone it gets hard to write. The one thing I think you should do is focus on one or more characters, it gets jumpy seeing all the different points of view. Anyways, love that your writing again, and I can't wait to read more.
Trotline chapter 3 . 7/6/2011
So far, I like it. Sexual assault, child abuse, and harsh bullying. Heavy stuff, but the world isn't full of happy fluffy rainbows. The rapid fire pov switches are a bit jarring, but by the 3rd chapter, i'm beginning to get used to it. 3 chapters and you've covered 3 hours, i'm not sure how the pacing will work out, but i'm sure you've got it covered. Looking forward to future updates, and i'll be looking forward to your MDL original if it ever makes it to book format.
Locke chapter 3 . 2/24/2011
The wait for this was definitely worth it. I have to say that this chapter feels a lot more polished than the others.

I've noticed that when you write dialogue you tend to leave spaces in lines, and it gives the reader (or maybe it's just me) the impression of a pause. Whether this is done purposefully or with other intention, it paces out the writing really well.

Keep it up, this one is looking good.
The Azul Soul Lilly chapter 3 . 2/16/2011
So many points of a veiw for the same scene... It get's a little confusing and distracting but it's actually quite good and it takes a lot of work to do this correctly... Great work, can't wait for an update...
Locke chapter 2 . 1/25/2011
I had meant to write a review for the first chapter but your update beat me to it. Unusual of Pendrum but a nice sight regardless.

You've definitely improved in your absence and this new story displays that. The chemistry between characters is artful and fluid. Reading through the conversations between Cloud and Zack, for instance, brought back my own memories of high school, and for fanfiction to have that kind of ability is very impressive (not that you haven't shown that before).

I think you should write more in this melancholy tone, this story feels like it takes the darker elements from works like Drought, and the more upbeat stycomythia and dialogue from stories like Gradient Asymptote and My Disjointed Life and blends them in a way that's incredibly satisfying.

You have your own voice in your writing and it's becoming one of my favorites to hear. Looking forward to your next update.
emi lulu chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I'm intrigued! Awaiting the next chapter! :)