Reviews for Double Jeopardy
Shian chapter 31 . 7/22
Sorry about reviewing twice in a row. For some reason, when I sent them, on my IPad they didn't show up on the reviews page, and I thought that it wasn't working. But now I can see them there, so I now know it worked. By the way, I had noticed the announcement after I sent the first review, which is why in that one I was asking if you had abandoned the story.
Shian chapter 31 . 7/19
I first read Double Jeopardy a couple of years ago, and since then I have been checking for updates every now and then. The Inheritance Cycle is my top favourite of all the many book series I've read, and I really enjoyed reading Harry Potter as well, so naturally this crossover would definitely grab my interest. While there have been some parts of this story I didn't really like, I still really enjoyed it. Since it has been over a year and a quarter since the last chapter was posted, I have spent a long time thinking that you had abandoned this story, however just today I noticed on your Fanfiction home page that you had announced that you are editing some of the chapters while planning chapter 32, which has given me some relief. Will this be completed anytime soon, or are we still going to have to wait a while.
Shian chapter 31 . 7/19
I first read this story a couple of years ago, and have been checking for updates every now and then. Sorry I haven't reviewed until now. The Inheritance Cycle is my top favourite of all the many book series I've read, and I really enjoyed Harry Potter as well, so naturally this is one of the crossovers that would grab my interest. And despite not being one of my favourite Fanfictions that I've read, I still really enjoyed reading this story. Any chance of you updating this again someday, or, since it has been more than a year and a quarter since the last chapter, is it safe to consider this abandoned? If you do start updating again, please do it soon.
StorylessPrince chapter 31 . 7/17
I love your story really i do! However i feel like the balance in power is tipped incredibly towards the enemy. Galbatorix seems to have too much power and thats not including the help of the foreigners. While the good side seems discordinated and rather weak. I mean three of them not beating Vanir? But yet somehow Harry is able to exchange blows with a pumped up shade?
trollkingNO.1 chapter 31 . 7/2
mother f$% don't stop write more me need more
Dionysus013 chapter 23 . 5/18
Sigh... your Harry, who seems reliant on his wand just got it snapped... I can't say I am surprised, but seeing how he has been using it as a crutch till now he will be even more crippled as a character unless he can find a replacement. Kreatcher's presence makes me hope that a suitable replacement can be found in the next few chapters; if not I am out- because since Galbatorix has gotten off his ass the pair of riders will need either a mastery of the ancient language that surpasses that of the elves, or a contrived miracle in a Paolini style. Seeing as how you also are killing off my favorite character in the inheritance series as well as stiff in him on becoming a rider, Murtagh literally touched and carried Thorn's egg, but you did nothing with that.

I deserve some explanations...
Blindguy95 chapter 24 . 3/21
This is a good story so far but i feel as if the harry/trianna romance was forced. Idk it just felt that way to me.
Blindguy95 chapter 8 . 3/19
I like the story so far but i think you forgot something when harry and brom were having the discussion on harrys magic. Wandless magic and also accidental magic. While the first is extremely difficult to do its not impossible. And the second is well... An accident XD
Smozzick chapter 5 . 3/2
Overall interesting but your characters speak weirdly sometimes. Case in point: "'I know... alas, I fear for him. Who knows what he may do now?'"

When would Harry ever say alas?
darthtitan chapter 1 . 2/27
This is one of the best fanfics that I've read - in terms of syntax, world-building, everything...
I like the fact that you've narrowed the focus down to Algaesia alone - having to keep track of both Earth events AND Algaesia would be a bit overwhelming.
Please update soon!
Elora Donovan chapter 31 . 2/15
That awkward moment when the story isn't finished... I love it a great deal and I hope you choose to continue it one day.
Berlin chapter 31 . 12/18/2015
Holy crap. This one of the best fanfictions I've ever read! You characterize everyone as if you were looking into the minds of J.K. Rowling and Christopher Paolini themselves, so brilliant in other words. I am astonished by the way you have melded the two worlds so seamlessly yet have deliberately left a gap. This story is simply so awesome, I can't wait to read more! :)
kaisonsheart chapter 31 . 12/5/2015
Goodness I hope you plan on finishing this story. It's amazing. Well written, enormous plot that encompasses so many characters. I wonder if you plan on incorporating a dwarven aspect though. If I recall correctly, it was a fairly large pillar for the original story. I hope to see an update soon! :)
May life not give you too many lemons and turn a blind eye to the number three.
Camilinha chapter 31 . 11/15/2015
I truly love your story... it's a mix between my two favorite series... I had to read it all over again because I just love it... I really hope you update soon and that you find the time to finish it... I can barely wait for the next chapter... Hoping to hear from you again...
TheOldMasters chapter 31 . 10/9/2015
Sure, you called Kreacher. What about Fawkes? (Winky?)
In general, by the time I reached Chapter 31, I seriously despised how you handled Harry's Earth background, be it his spellwork, his wand, his remembrance of Earth's wizarding culture as a whole... I understand that Harry is growing up and that he has seen war. But the idea that he will simply block out anything of that time, especially when he has just found Sirius? The idea that he would wipe Ginny's love for him for the 'greater good' after he just got done berating others for that? That he seems to feel that he and the others are somehow entitled to all of Brom's secrets? Hilarious. That you said that Oromis wasn't a friend, and was hostile to their desire for outright independence - what outright independence? They are children, and simply happening to be chosen by dragon hatchlings does not entitle them to go around ignoring and trampling over everyone else, their customs and ways of thought.
Obviously you're not about to rewrite the story to fit my preferences. I'm just holding out hope that you'll have the pendulum swing the other way and smack the children in the face with reality. Repeatedly.
And the way Harry, Murtagh, and Eragon seem to march in lockstep is pretty weak too. Eragon and Harry, sure there are similarities, but Harry's more jaded - which you do well in showing early on. Murtagh, on the other hand, is far, far different. You even point that out in his early scenes - he believes only in toppling the king, not ravaging the country. He understands that a democracy can not be instituted before the people are educated, or it will inevitably shred itself. He even says that 'no stranger's life is more important than [his] own'! Sure, under the pressure here of an active Galbatorix and the skill he's seen from Harry he's definitely going to work with the other two, but I can not see him marching in such lockstep.
The story started out so well, but has sunk further and further with your odd insistence on ripping out Earth from the story.
That being said, most of the other parts of the story have gone well. Your introduction of a foreign nation in the unknown regions of Alagaesia has been a nice way to drive the story and will clearly soon begin to directly cause chaos. I'm honestly very, very intrigued by the fact that they have colonies 'across the sea'. Your use of McGonagall's Piertotum Locomotor in particular was awesome, while your combat/sparring scenes were well executed. Your writing is excellent, and your word choice fits the cultural setting quite well even with your in-universe explanation of Harry altering the dragon's vocabulary.
You get the details right even if the overall direction seems very wrong at times.