Reviews for White Gloves
DK chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
All things told, an excellent story, now as it was the last time I read it, and well-deserving of a review.
Never a good critic, but some things I liked: the recurring imagery of the gloves, the contrast of Vanderkaum and Ramus, and of course Id at the end.
If anything is lacking in this review, it's because there wasn't much to criticize. The story flows clearly and distinctly thoughout, emotions and thoughts are very-well portrayed, and I mean, it made me feel sorry for VANDERKAUM.
RJS chapter 1 . 9/15/2002
I'm breathles...te detail was...perfect.
Smuck chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
Oh, man. That was brilliant. I'll freely admit that I didn't give Vanderkaum a second thought during the game, but your depiction of his agonies and motivations successfully converted him into an interesting character, and the sideways examination of Ramsus (and his image among the "troops") was also intriguing. If the story has a fault, it's in the way that the fight scenes late in the story are just skimmed over or briefly described (the vague, repeated "punches and kicks"). However, this is just nit-picking - the story succeeds in its depiction of a sympathetic Vanderkaum, and gloriously at that.
RaichuTec chapter 1 . 3/18/2002
Bravi, bravi, bravissimi. Lovely plot, good characterization, and a peek into a moment we weren't allowed to actually see in the game. I always found it hard to empathize with Vanderkaum, his personality seemed so gung ho in the game, but this puts a cardboard character in another light. You breathed life into him, congradulations and thank you.