Reviews for Amiable Silence
Myshu chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I notice I've never left a review here, which feels so much like some kind of fanfiction SIN that I can't help but rectify it.

Basically, I consider this is the textbook for Crono's relationship with both Lucca and Marle, and whenever I think of those three, I invariably think of this fic. It's just that good, and since it's so short there's no good excuse not to read it.

Always a favorite.
Gibson18 chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
I like your Chrono Trigger stories. You're inspiring me to write some of my own. Good work.
TalkingMime chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
Hmm, I read this on Icy Brian's quite a while back and decided to reread it again. I still have the same response: It's great! Very well written.
Kyrial Arthian chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
I really love this story. It's a perfect telling of Lucca and Crono's relationship, though I must admit that it's kinda contradictory, because for the most part, it seems like a Crono/Lucca fic, yet it clearly states that it's Crono/Marle. Which, even though it's in the game, I've never understood. Crono and Marle just never seemed compatible to me, while Lucca seemed perfect for him. But I digress. The only real complaint I can find with this fic is the way you don't seem to use contractions in some parts where it looks like you should (e.g. when you say "She is going on and on...", 'she's' seems like it would work a lot better than 'she is'). It just doesn't sound natural. Other than that, though, perfect.
The RPGenius too damned lazy to log in chapter 1 . 9/4/2002
I keep meaning to read more of your fics, but I can't ever seem to find enough time to. This is a fantastic work, touching upon one of the great mysteries of RPGs of whether or not Crono talks. Not only is it grammatically flawless, it creates a very easily understood reason for Crono's silence. Crono, Lucca, and Marle are all completely in character, which is often hard to accomplish. You do a marvelous job of keeping the tone light, yet very deep and heartfelt. A great job, indeed.
MazokuRanma chapter 1 . 8/22/2002
This is without a doubt one of the cutest stories I've ever read. And on top of that, it's well written as well! I hope to see more from you in the future. Great job and keep writing.
Ainulindale the not-signed-in chapter 1 . 5/13/2002
What a little gem! Thank you! That brightened my day!
NeoKefka chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
Normally I'm the kind of person whose writing tastes swing toward the epic, dark, or violent, or a combination of all three. However, there are times, believe it or not, when I'm in the mood for reading something that doesn't involve some angst ridden character brooding for pages and pages before launching into a bloody battle, and it is in times such as those that stories like this fufill that need perfectly. The way you portray Lucca and Crono relationship is very believable and you should be heartily congratualted for avoiding the common pitfall of such stories of this type. (i.e. Letting it disolve into a tedious bout of character bashing.) Lucca knows where Crono's heart lies and respects that, and she does not feel any animosity towards the Princess. A great idea, pulled off flawlessly. Amiable Silence is great short story and another reminder of why you're one of my favorite fan fic authors.
Chud Wuck chapter 1 . 4/17/2002
Very Sweet! I lked this alot! Keep up the good work!
Starx chapter 1 . 4/5/2002
This fic is nicely done. But Chrono does "talk" in the game. Its never stated,

but its implied that he speaks...
BluePard chapter 1 . 3/31/2002
Simple idea, and the actual story is the execution. Although this is well-written, it might be a lot more powerful from Marle's POV, having realized what Crono's been saying all this time.
Kaysin-12 chapter 1 . 3/28/2002
I absalutly loved it! So perfectly done! It was like Lucca was really telling her side of her relasionship with Crono and Marle. Bravo.
asdfjklasdfjklasdfasdf chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
Though this was a sweet fic, giving a nice portrayal that seems to mysteriously vanish throughout other fanfics, (AKA, how come Crono seems silent yet in the fics he's as talkative as anyone), but it seems to drop hints that it was a pairing of Crono and Lucca. Still, I know that it's with Marle, but it's just a vibe I got from it.

But enough about that. This was a well done fanfic, sucessfully focused on the fact that Marle is foreign to Crono and Lucca's form of talking. I liked the atmosphere set by repeating the "Understanding" Line you set down several times, slightly altered. I'm trying to find a fault in it to make it seem further away from a "Your fic rules" Type of review, but I honestly can't find one through it. *shrugs* I hope to see more well-done fanfiction from you in the future. Well, keep up the good work. See you in chat.
Kuroneko7 chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
Awwww... That's so sweet. :)
Kota Magic chapter 1 . 3/24/2002
Wow, Lucca really laid it out as it was! And she wasn't accusatory of Merle in any way, even though the Princess is so... Bulma!(DBZ) You did a great job with this! Congratulations!