Reviews for What Drives Her: Outakes and Extras
Gidget922 chapter 2 . 12/2/2013
wow xcellent love the playlist too
Gidget922 chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
xcellent
lovepath chapter 2 . 10/16/2011
Had to tell you - got up to the part where Charlie surprises them with a cocked shotgun and had to stop to grocery shop - couldn't keep a little smirk off my face the whole time! Very funny!

Hugs and kisses!
Angeldolphin01 chapter 2 . 10/16/2011
I love the outakes just as much as the main story.
sersmom chapter 2 . 9/8/2011
I was kind of surprised that you didn't go into the imprinting thing. It seemed that imprinting was one of the main reasnons you gave for the breakup, she didn't want to end up like Leah and was protecting herself.
JazzGirl317 chapter 2 . 9/6/2011
That was harder to stomach than it probably should have been, given how well I know you. But still, I forgive you. Although, it would go a long way towards easing my Edward-loving soul if you were to reveal the contents of that other little CD. Indulging the Delusions is right. ;-)
abbyweyr chapter 2 . 5/26/2011
Missed these extras somehow or another. It was nice hearing the Jacob/Bella story - nicely wove in parts from original. I disagree with one reviewer, I think it very likely she could have gotten together with Jake. Their fathers were friends, eventually they would have spent time together and nature could have gone that direction. Really nice to get the extra on Emmett scheming and how successful he was against Edward and Alice. So he didn't go near Bella physically, followed directions from Rose technically. Looking forward to more of this story and others from you.
Renee Aubin chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Ah, interesting back-story about Emmett’s thought process that led to setting up Bella to call Edward. It’s news to many writers that Emmett even HAS thought processes, so thank you for letting us see how he came to that decision. I thought it was all very Emmett, by the way, especially the title.

Favorite bits:

‘I really hated telling my wife crap she didn't want to hear.’ Yeah, I bet!

[Rosalie]: "So let's just say for argument's sake that it was possible that he's not just being a selfish ass and making up stuff to brood about..." Very funny.

I like that Emmett is able to stand up to Rosalie and make her see that no matter what everyone thinks, Edward feels what he feels. I was surprised by how much empathy he shows for Edward’s situation.

Loved the little moment between Emmett and Alice. In the books the “minor” characters’ interaction was limited to either Edward and Bella or their own mates. Over all these years together there had to be a strong web of relationships among all of them.

‘Having been exposed to the kind of temptation my brother had been faced with, I was still amazed that he'd been able to stop himself from killing Bella Swan the instant he met her. He'd never forgive himself if he had a moment of weakness now.’ It’s so easy to forget that Emmett met his own singer. This is a wonderful moment of looking out for his brother.

Rosalie suggests maybe Edward’s tree-bashing tantrum will help him get Bella out of his system. Emmett: "Yeah, and maybe he'll sprout wings and a sense of humor too." Terrific.

"I was being facetious you idiot!" I smirked. "Yeah, but you might be on to something, babe." Uh oh.

‘I put my hand up like a gall-dang Boy-Scout and all I got was another raised eyebrow and a finger pointed in my face.’ This is so Emmett!

Emmett makes a good point that nobody even knows how Bella has changed in five years. I like his non-angsty approach: instead of just brooding, or putting on the brakes out of pure fear, let’s get some information. ‘He also deserved a chance to work things out for himself first.’ Yaay! In the first book the siblings definitely put pressure on Edward to stay away from Bella.

Classic Rosalie/Emmett exchange: "Kiss-ass..." "You know it."

‘And maybe if I was sneaky enough, I could pull one over on Edward and Alice. That alone was reason enough to try.’ Excellent!
DaughterOfSorceress-Lion chapter 2 . 2/22/2011
Well the obvious answer would be delusions of edward... perhaps? Cant wait to hear about it! And awesom backstory too... Loved the Charlie gun moment. Something he never had the chance to do to edward, though not from lack of desire XD
JB30 chapter 2 . 2/20/2011
I really enjoyed reading this! I like how certain events played out even without Edward around and that Bella and Jacob were doomed no matter what. Love the play list. Cher is a MUST on that list. LOL I think perhaps her "Indulging the Delusions" soundtrack has to do with songs regarding what might of been. She was indulging her delusions that there was something there between her and Edward and something might of happened if he hadn't left. I think he's planning on changing her. He doesn't want to make the same mistakes as Jake, he doesn't want to lose her. Great outtake! Looking forward to the next update! :)

Jodi
missp1987 chapter 2 . 2/17/2011
I'll say it again... absolute perfection!

The first kiss scene between Jacob and Bella is still one of my ALL-TIME favorite scenes written by any author! :))
missp1987 chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
e-woo! LOL! Love it! Emmett is one of my all-time favorite characters! He's fun to write! Great job!
BlueDiamondRing chapter 2 . 2/16/2011
Great outtake. I am so with you on your feeling on jake and the use of the triangle focus. Over use of in the movies. Jake was never meant to be Bella's only her friend.
AngeliqueMasen chapter 2 . 2/15/2011
I'm left with uncertainty after this chapter; please clarify, did Bella sleep with Jake, or is she still a virgin?

Did Jake imprint? Edward overheard him think about imprinting when he left Bella's apt.

When did he agree to forever with Bella?
St8girl chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
Awesome Outtake. I'm not a Jacob fan but I really enjoyed this chapter. I understand you not having a good spot in the story, but I really did enjoy this. I enjoyed the lighthearted play between B & J which was a nice change from the intensity of BxE. Can't wait for the next chpt.