Reviews for The Liberation Chronicles
fsdf chapter 3 . 5/2/2011
lazy but
Zarohk Korobase chapter 8 . 5/28/2010
Wonderful and amazing story. Well-written, great plot, clever end-of-the-war solution. I am so glad that you killed off Lirem, since any peace treaty under him would be a seriously Out of Character action. I liked the twist with Estrid, and the epilogue was great. I was (pleasantly) surprised that except for Tobias, (and Aximili and Salia) in the epilogue) none of the characters did any morphing. While I see that it was needed for the drama surrounding it, wouldn't Ax simply have been able to morph the spinal injuries away? Despite that, this story was wonderful!
jaycee chapter 8 . 11/3/2007
I really do like this story, you have a good writing style.

I do have one question though. how would this audio recorder work with Andalites? they use thought speak which technically is not sound. since I am far too lazy to actually sign in d'you think you could answer my question in your profile?

keep writing.
Mangaka-chan chapter 8 . 7/12/2007
I've recently returned to the fandom after many years of hiatus, and your story was the first thing that came to mind when I began looking for fanfiction. It's unfortunate that you have left (no worries, I'm not affiliated with the site in any sort of close way), and we see no more new Animorphs stories from you, but I would like to take this opportunity to finally leave a decent review for you, and I hope you will receive this message.

After looking through quite a few CS communities, I am convinced this stories is the best possible ending for the series. Most notably I would like to applaud you for your characterization (especially of Ax, as he was and still is, my favorite Animorphs character). Reading this helped me reconnect with characters I haven't seen in years, like revisiting old friends after a long separation. The vividness of your story telling ability made me imagine I was not simply reading a story, but watching actual people move and talk. It would be wonderful if this story could be made into a live action mini-series; it is just so detailed, and there are so many twists and turns along the way. Thank you for jogging some wonderful memories, and for giving an old fan one hell of a ride.
Lily of the Shadow chapter 8 . 3/16/2006
Sorry if the review is a bit late in coming, but it's not been until lately that I've begun testing the waters of Animorphs fiction ;

However, despite it's age (over 6 years old, I see), this fic is one of the fantastic examples of why I love this fandom. The entire story (and the one preceeding it, the After-Earth Chronicles), is brilliantly written, emotions are wonderfully protrayed, and so much depth is woven in that it boggles my mind. There are few stories on the web that I would consider going back to re-read, but I definately count this among them.
rockergurl13 chapter 8 . 6/17/2005
totally, truely, and unbelieveably brillant. i would say all the things wonderful about this story, but it would fill books. several books. oh! and if you don't become a writer, i will find you, and beg you to for the rest of our lives.
Cloud Dragon chapter 6 . 1/18/2004
I got the Harry Potter reference! It was the Andalite physician's name...Albius-Siriun-Lupier! Albus, Sirius, Lupin. _ *feels proud of herself*
One question about Ax's injury though...since morphing repairs injuries, and I seem to recall reading somewhere in Animorphs about a spinal-injury during battle that was fixed during demorph, couldn't Ax just morph to something and demorph again, or something along those lines? *goes on to read the rest*
Saiyan Jalapeno chapter 8 . 3/6/2002
Oh right! see see? the was the best ending ever! GREAT STORY I LOVE IT!
just a reader chapter 8 . 2/15/2002
You know this is the second time i have read this story and i still love it! It's a pity the series ended (and i didn't even get to read what happened in the end)
Minna chapter 1 . 7/8/2001
Raymond threatened to sue you? Evil bastard!

*Jumps all over her battered copy of Magician until it's in tiny widdel pieces* I ain't readin' him no more!

Elmindreda Sohryu Gabriev
Temrash 113 chapter 8 . 5/13/2001
This is good. I read the After Earth Chronicles, and wanted to know more about what happpened. This is way overdue.

But one thing, that I also noticed about Snow. Ax and Salia. It happens way too quickly. Just as Cassie went from just a friendship to madly in love with Ax in a matter of days, only a year after Jake’s death back in Snow, Ax goes from wondering why he never looked at Salia as other than a friend (indicating he still doesn’t) to “Someday, this wonderful, beautiful person would be my wife. *My wife,* I thought in amazement.” in what can’t have been more than three days. That just doesn’t happen. Also, Marco in Jordan’s room, and them saying, remember what we said, not until we’re married. In a week, they’ve decided on marriage? A week? And it was as if no one was leaving this story without a mate. Everyone out of nowhere hits an OOC “when-will-I-find-love” phase, and immediately finds the ultimate mate within the next hour. I half expected Erek and Visser 42 to be tying the knot by the end. Let’s see more gradual evolution of relationships, like in Kate.

Also, it seems quick because there’s no knowing the intervals. Put something like “Two days later” or a date stamp... something. A chapter can have no time differential, or it can be years apart, with nothing like “Three years later, we...” or anything to show how much time has passed. It can get confusing.

And with Estrid in Ax’s room and Salia being angry, keep in mind all she saw was them talking in his room. Nothing suspicious. But I didn’t get the idea that she was supposed to be incredibly paranoid.

Also, why didn’t Ax, and Forlay at the beginning, simply morph? They could have gotten a cube to Forlay in time, and I don’t see how Ax could have lost his powers.

“Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, you’re frail and will always be that way?” Not very comforting. Even Marco’s usually more tactful.

Also, Rachel had a miscarriage. Why? As it was mentioned in the story, it doesn’t happen unless something was severely wrong. What was it? And someone tried to kill Jordan. Who? Why? They didn’t even try to find out. All loose ends are not tied up.

But everybody knows I nitpick for a living. This is a good story. I knew the Andalites wouldn’t go for peace. And it’s a rare Yeerk that would, too. All Yeerks aren’t Visser Three, but there have been decades of war. That means every Yeerk has lost many friends and family members to the Andalites. Too bad Aftran hadn’t stuck around. The peace movement could have used her. There will probably be a ton of mistrust, but eventually, though it may take a century or more, the two will be able to coexist without killing each other. They never will be the best of friends, and will probably stay out of each other’s way, and fight when they do meet, because there’s the anger each individual still carries, but in five or six generations it will sort of fade. Maybe like humans and Klingons in the old Star Trek. Rivals, but not at war.
OrcaPotter chapter 8 . 3/29/2001
::claps hands enthusiastically:: Whoa, that was THE best Animorph fanfic EVER! You really need to continue writing... I know, though, how it is on wanting to write something different. I'm considering that as well after my own HP fic is finished. Fantastic, fantastic story!

~Orca
OrcaPotter chapter 1 . 3/23/2001
Wow! Oh wow, man, you've got talent here! I was thrilled upon recieving your email that this was posted and have finally been able to access it. Extraordinarily well written and believable plot! There's only one thing though, that someone may have already pointed out- didn't Tobias and Rachel have a son at the end of the previous series? No biggie there... it's still fantastic. I'll finish the rest laster, can't wait either!

~Orca
Alikat chapter 8 . 2/2/2001
I just read That Whooooole Series. Saying it like that makes it sound like a waste of time, but it seriously wasn't! I Loved That! Really good story!
Checkers chapter 1 . 12/23/2000