Reviews for Nightmares
Carmarthen chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Aww, this is very nicely done. I like how you show Cosette's compassion and supportive nature.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
This is lovely!:)
romirola chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
This story is the most realistic story of Les Mis that I've ever read. I absolutely love this! Sympathy for both characters. So sad, in a good way! You can really feel the angst and suppressed guilt in Marius, and the helplessness Cosette feels. Hope to see more stories like this from you! 3
KC chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
This was just wonderful. I love the way you write Marius and Cosette. Your stories make me feel like I'm reading Victor Hugo's novel. Their love, devotion, and need to protect eachother is beautiful.
Eponine Thenardier chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
What can I say? This is beautiful, just lovely. I love your Marius and Cosette so much; while, when reading the Brick, I want to hit them both, I love your interpretations of the characters. It's what Hugo would have done with them if the part of Les Miserables chronicling their early marriage hadn't been so focused on Valjean...This fits together perfectly with Mlle. Patria's "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables"...just as a companion piece, you know?
meriwether30 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Thanks so much for another Marius/Cosette story. I love how you've developed the characters' personalities based on the way they're hinted at in the book and made them so real: he's still the ardent soul of the novel but a real sweetie in the bargain, and she's still touchingly devoted but a lot more intelligent than Hugo's original. It really works.

There's not enough coverage of Marius for my liking (how can anyone not like him? He's one of the heroes of my life) so please keep it coming!

-meriwether
Katherine Plumber chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Wow! This was beautiful! Cosette is such a wonderful wife to Marius. They are truly meant to be with one another forever. I loved the way you conveyed Marius' pain and anguish and how Cosette was aching too, and longing to take Marius' sadness away. They are perfect. There were some lines that I thought were just beautiful and that pointed out things that were so touching.

"But that night, she felt even sicker when she watched his face, contorted with pain, for she knew he was seeing the same imagines she'd just woken from. Only for him, those boys had been his friends- and the images were real, ones he had really seen. She shivered, her own tears falling on his cheeks and mixing with his as she held him."

It's just so... sad, how Marius had to experience those images first-hand.

"He would hate to know that this happened every night. The shame would be unbearable to him. But she never minded. During the day, he protected her and made her happy and cared for her. At night, it was her job to protect him."

Like I said, Cosette is an amazing wife AND person. Such a lovely soul. The two of them feel that it's their DUTY to protect each other, even when one of them is unaware of what she does for him during the night.

This was so heart-breakingly sweet, and I feel honoured to be the first to review.

Allie 3