Reviews for Not for Anything: Dark Storm Rising
Kai chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
I always love your characterisations but I particularly have enjoyed your glimpses of Harry as a small child. His relationship with James and Sirius just makes me warm all over. Would you consider writing more of your backstory as just single episodes. The incidents where Harry somehow manages to get on the knight bus or takes James' broom would be fantastic to read about. I know you are busy... but I'm trying to inspire you to come back to your most faithful fans...please!
beccaginny'mellarkturner chapter 8 . 3/13/2014
These stories are amazing! I nearly fell out of bed when we found out Sirius had been inperiorised or however you spell it... In the last story. Anyway please update soon I love it! Most stories start going down hill by 4th / 5th year, but you're doing an amazing job, especially of developing and changing Harry and James' relationship! Hope you can update soon
Becca x
HarryPotterFan03 chapter 8 . 2/24/2014
I love this story! Ive read all 5 parts in just a matter of a week or so. I would LOVE to see this story finished! Please consider continuing to write this! Even though it would severely mess up canon, I think it would be a really cool idea to have James volunteer to teach DADA. Umbridge obviously still needs to come into the picture somehow when it comes to Hogwarts, maybe rather than teaching she could just be "evaluating" the school and stays on the grounds for a portion of Canon, until she finds Dumbledore "unfit" as the Headmaster, and then she could take over from there. It would be a cool way to change Canon, and really involve James in the story as more than just Harry's dad.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/30/2014
Do you plan to finish this story ?
Pleaaaaase do :)
brownshe chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
I just finished reading the 4th story, and I really enjoyed it. However, I will admit I am a little bothered by the ending. I don't believe for second that Sirius would not have been able to fight the curse. It doesn't make sense he is a power wizard, and very smart. Also, even under the curse I don't think he would have cared what the outcome in the grave yard was, he wasn't a death eater. The only reason Moody did in the books is because he was a death eater. Sirius was also able to whistle at the end, and you said in the story he was never able to. I don't think that curse would suddenly change that. Not that it matters I saved it in my favorites, and will probably end up reading it again.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/13/2014
Please write more I love your story so much. i want to hear about 5th year. please please write more.
Noble Korhedron chapter 8 . 10/21/2013
Can you please reply to this review ASAP with a confession of your exact intentions for this story? Is the saga doomed or do you plan to finish it...?
Guest chapter 8 . 9/29/2013
Can you finish this story pleeeeeease?
zac ramesh chapter 8 . 9/28/2013
Ur stories r really the best fanfiction that I've read.. Really love the way u've captured the essence of everyone's character.. Brilliant.. Only problem is that u haven't updated in a long while and I wud love to read de next chapters with umbridge in Hogwarts.. Pl update more often... Also will someone be killed in this book? Pl let it not be any of the marauders.. Hoping u wud update soon
Phil Boswell chapter 8 . 9/25/2013
This is going rather nicely, I do hope you manage to continue it some time.

As an adoptive parent myself, I can imagine what you have been going through: I hope you have found it as worthwhile as we have ;-)
SilverNightfall chapter 8 . 8/6/2013
PLEASE UPDATE! Your the first person I've known to ever do something like this and I really like how you have done it. You know how to deal with complex emotions which makes the story an amazing read, thanks.
Mackenzied3333 chapter 8 . 8/4/2013
please upload
Charlie Hayden chapter 8 . 7/30/2013
I've been reading this series none stop for the last few days and I am absolutely amazed at your ability to weave an alternate version of the Harry Potter books. You're really good at weaving something that can totally pass for cannon. The relationship between Harry and James is just amazing, James' devotion and over protectiveness for his son is spot on and Harry's relationships with the marauders is that of a close knit family which I always imagined it to be that way. You've got Harry down to the typical child rather the the slightly repressed one he is in cannon and I'm applauding your effort in bringing about that change in showing how different he would be if raised by someone who loves him. I did, however, find Remus to come off as a bit too strict, but perhaps that can be further explored down the road.

I was absolutely shocked at the end of the Triwizard Tournament to read about Sirius being under the imperious curse and helping Voldemort get to Harry. I did not see that coming! Looking back, I suppose the signs were there within the story but I kept expecting it to be Moody as in cannon so I totally missed them. I'm very interesting in see how the repercussions of this incident plays out, it has to go far deeper than what have seen emotionally, especially after everything about Peter's betrayal. There has to be some unresolved issues festering below the surface that will come out down the road.

I would also like to know what James has planned for Rita Skeeter, I hope it is nasty, like he goes back to his old ways to teach her a very valuable lesson. If I were him and Sirius, I'd register as animagi before she discovers their secret and turns the tables. Maybe he could make her useful for the order or use her to combat Fudge and Umbridge.

And speaking of Umbridge, I look forward to James dukeing it out with her. He probably should take the DADA position at Hogwarts before she could become appointed. She'd still become Hogwarts High Inquisitor anyway, so the school needs both James and Sirius to battle against her tyranny.

I'd also like to see James' uncle Charles make an appearance at some point besides being briefly mentioned. If he isn't dead and no one knows it yet.
smellyjellybelly chapter 8 . 7/27/2013
I really miss this story! When are you going to update?
00pansgirl00 chapter 8 . 7/23/2013
When are you going to update? Please let me know. I miss this story!
457 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »