Reviews for Part 1: Mao
Major Mike Powell III chapter 3 . 1/19/2012
Well, well, soldier...

This was very interesting!

This is THE "Macross" story I've been wantin' to read! I've just recently started watching "Macross Frontier", and when I learned of Sheryl's last name, oh boy! I KNEW I wanted to read a story starring her grandmother, Mao! :D

And so far, you've delivered! O

I like how you've described Mao and the events at the end of "Macross Zero", and her motivations for going to Macross City, and of course, the earrings! I like how she sympathizes with Roy and his loss. _

So, I think I'll be damned if I DON'T follow this fic, girl! X3

Mission start!

Update ASAP! That's an order!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!
FrothyMug chapter 3 . 7/26/2011
I've been meaning to leave some words of encouragement on your latest offering, but I've been too busy to read the new stuff. :) I like how the story seems like a journal or diary. You've done a fairly good job of keeping timeline events in order. I find myself wondering if Mao will stay on Earth, or will she become part of the civilian population on the SDF-1 during its journey home?
FrothyMug chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
I am really liking where you're going with this fic. As far as I know, you're exploring unknown territory with a story of Mao after the events of Zero. So far, everything you've written totally fits into the timeline and I like how you had Mao explain what her motivations might be, as far as getting an education. She believes that perhaps someday, she'll be able to find out to where her sister and Shin had gone.
Darth Tabby chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I was initially a bit sceptical of this story because it was so short, but this isn't a bad start. You seem to have decent writing skills and I'm interested in seeing where you're going to go with this story.

There is one thing I found a little confusing though. You start of with "The people here are kind." Where is "here" in this case? You have a scene that seems to take place in the village later in the section yet when she talks about the people who are "here" it seems more like she's talking about people from somewhere else. I'm thinking you probably mean the people from the UN carrier that was in Zero but I think it would be a good idea to clarify, especially for people who may not have seen Zero.