Reviews for The Unrecorded Hours
motobella chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
That was stunningly beautiful. I have to say that The Hunger Games is not my usual genre. I'm more into the traditional love story than the savage murder of children for sport. However, there's something universally captivating when you see humanity at both its worst and its finest. Still, there's enough of a squealing fan girl in me to crave a happily ever after - and enough of a realist, and an appreciation for the tone and direction of the cannon series, that I knew that couldn't be a blissfully simple achievement. Your take was utter perfection. The balance of angst and hope was truly incredible.
Sylphinated chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Well, there it is again. That story you find once in a blue moon that won't leave your head for the rest of the night (and following day and maybe even after that, let's see). My favorite bit?

Nothing is real but this: his skin warming hers as he presses against her from shoulder to ankle.

"Love you, too," he says, easily, watching her eyelids droop, too heavy to keep open. "Wife, my wife. Love you so much."

OH PEETA. My eyes watered and I was like, Katniss... you lucky thing. But seriously, and there is no exaggeration here, this is one of my favorite stories for all time .I went back and checked your profile after, and was like O.O? No more KatPee(:P) being in perfect character? No more heart wrenching depictions and dialogues and awesomeness from this person who has captured the essence of the story, of these two characters and put to words what the rest of us could only faintly grasp at in our imagination? This begs the request: OH won't you write another 24,000 word something one shot about how Katniss came to agree to finally start a family, because Peeta wanted to, so badly... I think all your readers would adore something of the sort. But the last thing I want is to be all weird and pushy. If you feel like writing more of THG, we'd all go crazy, I'm sure. But if you don't, at least I would be perfectly content in reading this again and again and again.

The last part, about Prim. That brought tears to my eyes. How achingly beautiful. How sad. How perfect. I take my hat off to you (if I was wearing one). Thank you, for understanding, writing, and being so true to the story.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Aww this story is so cute
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
oh my god i'm crying.

and this

It was awkward, fast, more nervous laughter and trembling than pleasure, but she's never felt closer to anyone than she did when they were finished, lying there with their faces pressed together, Peeta trying not to blubber in gratitude, Katniss trying so hard not to love him. Failing, as she has in everything that ever meant anything.

i honestly have no words.
Checkers Lime Viola chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Amazing story. :D
Midnight Lady chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Beautiful. Exactly the kind of After story I've been looking for.
Niftybergin chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Thank you for this story. Sooo good. So great that the characterization was still there: two wounded souls healing individually and together. I'm sure I'll come back and re-read this one often.
Christine chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Oftentimes when I get the urge to search for fanfic, I am disappointed in what I find. I'm picky about writing. I knew that I wanted a more complete ending for Peeta and Katniss after Mockingjay, though, and I am so glad that your story is one of the first ones that I found. It's really incredible; all of the characters are true to themselves, the writing is beautiful, and the plot is equal parts heartbreaking and uplifting. You took just the right amount of time for them to really find their way together, rather than trying to wrap everything up into an easy, contrived happy ending. Thank you for giving these characters the ending they deserved.
Madame Naberrie chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
This is so astoundingly, perfectly, heartbreakingly beautiful. I don't have any words in my vocabulary to describe the way this made me feel. It's simply perfect. Best fic I've ever read, hands down.

Perfect.
Signed chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
this...is...sooooo...good... i was sad when it ended
AstrologyQueen chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
THIS WAS TOO AWESOME FOR WORDS!
blackolives10 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Stunning.

I've had this open on my laptop for the past week or so, and I just keep coming back to reread it. It's phenomenal.
DeeDeeINFJ chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Stunning. What more can I say?
hpdude-4life chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
I've just finished reading the hunger games, and i wanted to see more of peeta and katniss happy together. Your story did that. Loved it )
heartsinsync chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Wow that was just... wow. Character development was beautiful, I felt they were so in character the whole story through and I loved your writing style. Quite enjoy the idea of Gale/Johanna also! Thanks for a lovely read.
480 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 .. Last Next »