Reviews for In Forests at Dusk
scryoko chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
Ohhh, I love this so much!
Popthepoppot chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
"She makes a resolve. She won't let him hurt her again. Next time it's her turn." - I SMELL A SEQUEL. Er, make a sequel, pretty please? Make Freddie regreeeeet! (In a good Seddie way :D)
Amazing chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Omg I reLly think you need to do more. Like now that was so good!
an old fashioned girl chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
can't believe you wrote this in half an hour. And yes, they are kind of OCC, Freddie in particular, but a good sort of OCC :) lovely story!
Cassie chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
That was amazing.
Linwe-Amari chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Next time? ;)
Virgoleo23 chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
I read the reviews of the other readers before reviewing this fic. And since their deep, insightful reviews would make any little review I write feel inferior, I'll express my emotions through emoticons.

First I felt :) but also T_T

Then I was :D until :*(

And lastly I was D: but also ;)

I know that that last little display was incredibly stupid. But any fic that can make me feel that many emotions in one sitting must be pretty darn awesome, and oh look! This is!

;D
Coyote Laughs chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Argh.

Argh. Now I feel compelled not to write. Argh, I say. I knew I should have started to write before reading other works. Argh.

Well, Freddie certainly came across as a big ass. Such an ass move waking Sam up to go with him to buy Carly a present. Wow. I've certainly got no sympathy for this Freddie. But I've always been more of a fan of Sam anyway.

Great job writing. You've managed to convey such emotions in such a short piece. Just excellence.

But again, one last ARGHHHH!

there, I feel better now.

Coyote
angels.02.music chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Love :)
Katie Nat chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
How do you keep churning out these amazing, heart breaking stories like it's nothing? Guh, I'm floored.
aussiemma chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
you're a whore. a big giant whore. i told josh you were one and he asked the stupid question of 'why?' its like duuuuuuuuuuh. you wrote this, you didn't tell anyone you were writing, and its fucking brilliant as always.

THAT equals whore. sorry, there's no getting around it.

of all the heartbreak in this short span of a thousand words or so, the thing that got me the most was him buying something for Carly and dragging Sam out to do it. WHAT AN ASS! then of course the end, which i don't really need to mention (probably because ffnet would censor all the words i want to use for Freddie anyway). can i hug Sam please?

its complicated, its angsty, its pure brilliance.
01110011100001111 chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
For a story about a power shift written in thirty minutes at two AM...it's not terrible. In fact, it's rather inspiring. (Par for the course) :)

I find this approach to one-shots that you have...the snapshots/memories bound by a common thread, with quotes that resonate interspersed to add something of an objective perspective (haha...that rhymed)...to be rather hypnotic and terribly effective. You like to gather just enough details to really throw a massive hammer blow. This is my only real complaint here. I DO wish this one would've been a couple of scenes longer. Haha...you made me sad, but you didn't shatter all my hope. Shame on you! :)

Content-wise, Freddie is indeed a jackass in the story. Since this is set after a point where he discovers his ability to weaken her, we can't say for sure whether or not his character is actually capable of being so manipulative. He very well could be. It's a sad thought, but it's also a comelling way to define him.

Great writing too, especially the scenes at the river and at the phone store. You always make terrific symbolic use of Freddie's hoodie. There's some notable descriptive gems in here as well...but I won't list them since I'm running out of room.

Sorry...I really like this one too.
Rhiabrey Skye chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Piequalls36.

You never fail to amaze me to epic porportions.

I envy you sooo bad. _
pigwiz chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Whoa!

Look what happens when I take a night off the computer...

Well darlin', you're feeling 'arty'? Nah... you created it, again. Arty... like the Sistine Chapel is just a drawing by some guy named Michaelangelo...

Yeah, she's aching now. And it'll hurt for a bit, but she has her mark on the boy. It may never work out, but in the end, she'll have the experiance and knowledge that pulls one through... and, he'll know where he's been, what he has missed.

OOC? Well heck... What do most of us write that really isn't OOC? Besides, with the slop being shoveled at us recently... Ours is much better anyway.

This one, dearie, scores over a 'k' on the angst-o-meter. Well done, indeed. However, I must wonder... if you continue this, or do some sort of subtle tie in or epilogue within this universe you've conjured here. It may be fun to find Sam wearing his testicals as a necklace... Just as a metaphor of course... yeah, just symbolism. Artistic symbolism. Yeah, that's it...

Welcome home! :)

Beth
sophia666 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Wow. Got to say this hits hard- you were right about Freddie being a dick in it- but what made it almost worse was having those really tender, caring moments. It was wonderful. :)

I loved the chemistry they had, and I kind of want a sequel that shows Sam kicking his ass or getting some kind of happy ending, maybe both. great writing.