Reviews for Her Storm
anonymous.individual chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Yay! :D

Great job.
stephiet1973 chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Moving piece, very emotional. Gives us hope for the future. I enjoyed it.
Snoozy-Dwarf chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Love this! especially:

"She fell in love with you while she was away, you know? Hell, Booth, we all know she loved you before. But she figured it all out while she was away. This is beyond whether or not she thinks she can be with you. And now she thinks she's ruined your relationship."

So true. You really pinned them perfectly in this! And it's good to see new stuff from you :)
Noie chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Thanks so much for the hope in the one-shot! Any chance your muse might make a sequel?
booth's-squint chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Perfect! I wish you could write the show, it would make everything so much better. The way you capture Brennan and Booth is so true to their characters. Thanks for sharing!
Oliviet chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Brilliantly written. Seriously amazing. Entirely worth the wait.
bluemuriel chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
This is fabulous.

I love the flashbacks and significance of the title. The way Booth remembers that storm...Brennan being a force of nature...and at the end, "'It's storming out.' She looked at him as if she knew exactly what he was saying." It's understated, and yet, woohoo!

I had an extra chuckle about Booth's "fairy godmother" line, because you mentioned it in an email a while back. :)

You do a wonderful job describing Bren's not-quite-hidden reactions, and it's just as good as watching ED play them.

"That broken look on her face, though, that was a surprise. ...while he anticipated light and hope to fill her eyes, they just hardened. Immeasurably. Nearly imperceptibly."

Booth's jealousy was so awesome!

"And there she was. Sitting between Hodgins and some guy he vaguely recognized from the museum. Some guy who had his hand just a little too high up her thigh for his comfort."

As was Angela's "you don't get to be mad about this. You just don't." And of course, the curator guy realizing "that he was stepping into the middle of something he wasn't equipped to handle." Haha, perfect. It makes us just as satisfied as Booth is.

The only thing that I was wanting to see was Booth responding to this: "I didn't think it was a decision you could just make. One day you loved me and then one day you didn't? Well, apparently that is true because you came back in love with someone else."

I'm glad that he listened and let Brennan say what she needed to say. But I thought her lines would have broken his heart, and he'd have wanted to say something-maybe just something small?-to let her know she was NOT wrong. Maybe I'm sympathizing with her more than him, and wanted him to give her something more, after all the emotions she's just revealed.

But the end was still great. Their unstated understanding that they're starting again, and have another chance. Love it.
pink lady one chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I thought your story was perfect. Excellent characterization, excellent psychology about all of the characters. I also like that they will slowly return to the idea of them as a couple, and only after they regain their friendship.

Plus, I loved your author profile!

Thanks for the break.
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Hi there,

What a truly beautiful chapter and so well written...Have heard the spoilers but do not know just how this whole thing is going to pan out...I would not mind your version at all...

Ger
bitsygirl chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
You little minx, you didn't tell me you had this in your pipeline! It's wonderfully done, though who would have expected less from you? I like that they're not rushing headlong into each others' arms. (Something about people leaving marks on each other and allowing those marks to fade...? :)) Plus, it's realistic for B&B to be a little rocky, a little raw with each other in a post-Hannah world.

Oddly enough, I think my favorite turn of phrase in the entire thing is, "'Don't you think,' she asked pragmatically, 'you should tell her?'" Something about the simplicity of the word "pragmatically" really made that sentence sparkle.
eitoph chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I really like this! Your writing is so incredibly rich and some of the little details and observations in this piece are excellent.

I especially loved the little bit with Angela:

"He's barely touching her. And she's not even that into him. But he's a nice guy and he treats her good and he gives her somebody to go to the theater with. So back the hell off. You want back in the game? Fine. But you get to do it from here, not from where you were before you left. You want her? Fight for her"

... There's something about the way you put it, and something about the way I can just see Ang coming-out with something like this - it's fantastic.

Very nicely done :)
Lanaa Taurof chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Thank you for this. I was thinking yesterday that all of the "Bones" writers I'm subscribed to had all been driven away by this season. Well, not so much driven away as uninspired. This story, though, hits the nail on the head about how I've felt watching Brennan all season.

"But it got worse – that missing you – as time went on." That line says it all. Emily Deschanel has done an excellent job portraying that emotion this season. Just standing there, out of site, being so un-Brennan like and missing someone from afar. Doing what's best because she thinks it'll make Booth happy, even if it makes her miserable.

Having Angela go and explain everything to that hardheaded special agent was also a very nice touch. Only Angela sees everything. She's handy to have around, isn't she?

Again, thank you for sharing. I had missed these characters.
Mezzo187 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Really great writing. You explained the emotions much the way I've been thinking about them.

Thanks for sharing.
Kerrison chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
As always, beautiful. :) So beautiful and spot-on with characterization.

I'm always in awe of your ability to paint such clear pictures with words.

Well done, friend.