Reviews for At the Mercy of the Mind
SabrinaPhynn chapter 37 . 4/29/2011
Sniff... I'll take a tissue, thanks.

I wholeheartedly agree that Mary would have seen Holmes as a brother. And that Holmes might have sulked for a few days but then would have seen how happy Watson was and made the effort to get to know her a little better.

One never recovers from losing a parent, let alone two at once ... (pats Holmes' arm comfortingly)

Jenn, who was a dunderhead and had to rush home to get her work computer's power cord.
nomdeplume30 chapter 37 . 4/29/2011
A sweet and sad little moment.
Moonspun Dragon chapter 37 . 4/29/2011
I hope you feel better soon, Sky! :)

I agree with that theory of Holmes and Mary having a good relationship or, at least a mostly good realtionship. ;D

I really can't wait to see the drawings! They sound so cool! :D

:p Meanie... XD

He does pull off a very good ticked off Watson. ;D

Nice job! Please update soon! :D
LeDragonQuiMangeDuPoisson chapter 36 . 4/28/2011
Holy crud muffins, Jeremy Brett is Freddie from "My Fair Lady"? O_o

Oh. Well then.

Anyhow, this was so much fun to read! It was very visual, and the dialogue was great, too! Looking forward to the next one!
medcat chapter 36 . 4/27/2011
The series continues to be excellent ;)

And this, "let's go boys, you too, Holmes"-a master touch!

You really are talented :)
insideouttuoedisni chapter 36 . 4/27/2011
HAHAHA! Absolutely hilarious. Watson certainly deserves credit for that one. Haha I certainly can't imagine Holmes leaving the house without a jacket on. He's much too proper for that:)

The Canon quote is the "I had no idea you'd be so affected" right? From The Empty House.

Nice job!
O'FoggageGreen chapter 36 . 4/27/2011
Well, I always knew Watson had it in 'im! Thanks for portraying him as a full-blooded Scotsman- I like to think of him that way, especially when I imagine his middle name to be Hamish. I also loved the chase scene, and the idea of Watson chasing Holmes up to his room and pounding on the door. Great job!

Was the Canon quote, by any chance, "I offer you my sincerest apologies, my dear Watson, I had no idea you'd be so affected!"? (or something along those lines, because I can't see the story from my phone right now) Isn't it what Holmes says in EMPT when Watson faints at the first sight of him? I like the way you used it!
SabrinaPhynn chapter 36 . 4/27/2011
I am grinning like a fool at this wonder of a follow up. ( and feeling foolish about one of your comments- maybe Wiggins has a little brother, or a son...)

Could not find the Canon quote but need to return to work.. :( no cookies for me. I guess I shall just have bake a few for myself and drop off a few at the Diogense Club, as well as Baker st.

Jenn
Spockologist chapter 36 . 4/27/2011
HAHAHAHA! That was PERFECT!

As intimidating as Watson could be, I couldn't help grinning a little to see what he would do to Holmes. I love how Holmes tried to sneak out of the house dressed as an old lady. Haha!

And Holmes without a suit coat, how scandalous. ;) Did JB ever not wear a suit coat? He always seems to have one on.

Watson is such a sweet friend, I don't know if I could be that forgiving.
Kadigan chapter 36 . 4/27/2011
Warning! Warning! Hilarity approaching lethal levels! XD They are so *cute* when they're domestic. All of them.

The Canon quote is "I had no idea you would be so affected", right?
Moonspun Dragon chapter 36 . 4/27/2011
The qoute is "My dear Watson, I sincerly appologize. I had no idea you would be so effected." It's from The Empty House. After Holmes revealed his true self and after Watson came- to after his faint. XD

Yay! Your laptop's all better! :))

That may be, but you're not denying it... ;D

Mental note: Don't get Watson angry! XDD

Uh, yeah, Holmes, you've used that trick before...

That was hilarious, Sky! The funny thing is, I can actually see Jeremy and David doing this. XDDDDD

Nice job! Please update soon! :D
nomdeplume30 chapter 36 . 4/27/2011
Ha! The quote is from Empty House, Holmes's reappearance and Watson's reaction. Very nicely worked into this little jewel of a story.

I always love a good Watson story and this was one! I can see him flying off the handle like this, but only when well provoked. Which it seems as though he was. I went back and read the first part of this and saw what set him off.

Holmes moving furniture in front of his door made me laugh out loud. As well as the double lock. :) And trying to slip away as an old woman...come on, Holmes, Watson's not an idiot. :) Your mention of the cartoon Robin Hood music during the chase scene was perfect, especially as Holmes is discarding his feminine attire. Hilarious!

"Affected? I'll show you affected!" Haha! And referring to Watson as a dreadful murderer was another laugh out loud moment. I'll stop retelling your story back to you now. There's just so much I enjoyed!

So, yeah, you were right. I LOVED this install. :)
insideouttuoedisni chapter 35 . 4/26/2011
I just realized my review got cut off :( Sorry! Anyways, I was just going to say that I would love to be Watson and get to witness all of Holmes' craziness firsthand. Again, great job! :D
feelingtwofootsmall chapter 35 . 4/26/2011
Okay, well... I quickly apologize for my non-reviewing. I feel like I'm not being very good to this series, though rest assured I read all of the chapters and your blog posts. I could make a bunch of excuses about my laptop etc, but I won't, so let's get onto the review :)

This one was, like you said, very full of imagery and descriptions. I could closely picture everything Holmes was seeing. Also, when Holmes thought about how much of his life revolves around death, it gave me chills. Thanks for the lovely little character study and missing scene that was this install- Devil's Foot is one of my favorites stories.
insideouttuoedisni chapter 35 . 4/25/2011
First: CONGRATULATIONS! Wooo! :D You should seriously throw a party or something for finishing all those prompts. I'm still amazed you finished them as fast as you did! It must be a relief to have that over. What will you do next? Whatever it is, I want to read it:)

Second: This story is so beautiful. It's a great picture of Holmes' mind. Devil's Foot was always one of my favorites. And of course Holmes would neve listen to the doctors orders:P Imagine putting up with him a the time! But of course, I would l
381 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »