Reviews for At the Mercy of the Mind
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 7 . 2/25/2012
Gosh, Holmes is having a rough case. Shot and almost died, he's going to need s vacation after this case is over.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 6 . 2/25/2012
Ouch. Holmes seems to be getting shot a lot now.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 5 . 2/25/2012
Hang in there, Holmes.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 4 . 2/25/2012
Sounds like Holmes is having a bad night.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 3 . 2/25/2012
He still misses his mother after all this time.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 2 . 2/25/2012
So that's why Holmes stays up when he has cases, he doesn't want to have nightmares.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Aww, poor Holmes.
feelingtwofootsmall chapter 50 . 1/19/2012
Hello dear! *hugs* Here is my review that never was. You probably won't remember, but I tried to comment on each chapter when this was still running, and I loved talking to you a bit in the reviews. Because I dropped from the face of the fanfiction world midway last year when my laptop broke, never got fixed, and a slew of awful excuse-type things that don't need repeating, I wasn't able to tell you what I thought of the end of the saga. Basically, right after Chapter 49, I wasn't able to access this site until now, and even now it'll probably only be a few days. Angst. Anyway, forget about that, I'm here to review your brilliant little collection.

I think kid!Mycroft is adorable, and I'm pleased that Cecile was back- as I'm sure everyone else was. Everytime Mycroft acts like a protective older brother, it makes me happy :)

As to the collection as a whole, brilliant and wonderful and all those other adjectives I use too often. I'm glad that someone finally stopped torturing Watson and put Holmes in his place, even if it was tear-jerking at times. Your writing is excellent, thanks for sharing with everyone.

As always,

O'Foggage
Sarek Fan chapter 31 . 9/20/2011
Hello there again! :D

Here's my second batch of comments for today:

Silent: That is truly sad. That Sherlock is so lonely and tormented he can only find a false relief in drugs. It’s rather like my Brett tribute char and his refuge in pain.

Work: *Huggles Holmes and Watson* They do rather endure a lot, singly and together…yet, come what may, they stand by each other. Beautiful!

Rescue: Awwww! *Huggles Sherlock* This is a very moving entry. When Watson was first arrived and the embrace with Holmes rocked to sleep…I could see Jeremy and Edward. *Hearts*

Die: This is *so* cute! Good to see the old boys in a light moment. :D The inclusion of the kids made me think of my original character whom works with street urchins and orphans. This snippet is similar to something he’d do.

Memory: Is Holmes grieving a dead Watson? Noooo! *Cries* *Hugs Sherlock*

Faint: This one is a follow up to one of my fave series moments! I love the sequence of Jeremy/Holmes’ return and their reactions to each other…though I wouldn’t blame Watson if he was upset at Holmes briefly.

Stab: I applaud Watson speaking his mind but, equally, I mourn that his leaving may well finish what the drugs have started with Holmes. :(

Blood: It was so nice to see a mother/son moment. I haven’t read the books and via the series I couldn’t help feeling Sherlock lost his parents rather early.

Effort: I must say, I was rather shocked when I saw what a fighter Sherlock could be when pressed. I don’t think it suits him at all but then, it seems you’re not a *man* if you don’t fight somehow…Is anything truly known of the brothers’ mother. I find it curious that you make her French.

Limp: Guilt and sorrow. Poor Holmes. :(
Sarek Fan chapter 15 . 9/20/2011
Hello, I'm here thanks to my friend: Moonspun Dragoon. :D

May I say, you are a skilled writer! :D *Applause*

I am reading the snippets in order but only will comment on ones that leave an impression.

Here's the first batch:

:O Oh, my word! Your 'Missing' is *so* Jeremy/Holmes I could feel/hear him! Fabulous!

Light is *stellar* with showing the depth of true love and care between Watson and Holmes. :D

Coke: Poor Sherlock! It’s not fun to know a loved one/hero is very weak/ill/injured. :(

Negotiate: Watson is a sweetie! :D Willing to help his Holmes. *Hearts*

Blind: This is another *lovely* example of the unbreakable bond between Holmes and Watson. I admire you for showing Holmes’ emotional complexity so well very like our Mr Brett in the Great Detective’s part.

Haunt: :O Did Holmes really leave 221B Baker St? If so, when and why?
Kem chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I finally got to buy it! :) I've been reading a little at a time, to make it last. I love it.

You are -truly- a great writer. I would not be surprised if you become one of the major names in fiction! You really bring the characters to life...in some ways beyond the original "canon" stories, but without contradicting them. It's brilliant, and not something many people could achieve.

I'm looking forward to your next!

Kem
insideouttuoedisni chapter 50 . 7/1/2011
:( :( :( you have no idea how sad I am that this is over. I've thoroughly enjoyed regularly reading you're amazing stories. You have such a deep knowledge of the characters from an interesting perspective.

Am I allowed to offer a congratulations if I plan on buying the book? ;) I just haven't had time to sit down at the computer and do it yet. But I cannot WAIT to read the other 50 stories as well as your future projects.

Thanks for deciding to share your excellent talent on this site. I'm sure this has been quite an adventure for you. And now you are an official author! :D Good luck and thank you!
reflekshun chapter 50 . 6/29/2011
That was a very good install, and a tantalizing review. Best of luck with your book, dear.
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 50 . 6/29/2011
Wow I can't believe it's over! Now I really need to go buy your book! I'm sorry to hear that book sales weren't spectacular, but they'll get better I'm sure. :) I loved this chapter so much! Especially because it reminded me a lot of me and my sister. :) As for the sneak peek, it was incredibly intriguing...I want to know more. Ultimately, this has been a fun reading experience for me, and I'm sure everyone else who has read this. :) I'm going to miss the regular updates, but I look forward to reading what your mind cooks up next! ;)
WanderingChild96 chapter 50 . 6/29/2011
This is one of the best fanfics I've ever read:) Hide was one of my favorites in the book:) Thanks so much for writing it!
381 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »