Reviews for Crane Wings on Windows
Kagome chapter 15 . 8/10
So her whole family is dead - that's sad!
I would really like to see Kazama getting jealous of someone who is close to her or really likes her! :)
Very long and good chapter!
UPDATE ASAP!
saran chapter 15 . 6/26
gorgeous story! very, very captivating! I loved it so much. I stayed up the whole night reading it. The flow of the story, the diction, the dialogue, the description, and your mythology- everything was wonderful! I love how you included poetry and literary works into this story! I felt like their world was a part of our world (the real world). Oh the wonders of stories and what they do! You definitely built a bridge for the mind and imagination! And your characterization was marvelous, I say. You showed parts of Kazama that one doesn't normally consider at first glance. I'm really glad you portrayed Chizuru the way you did too. She is a girl with intangible strength. Great job on the depth of this story and characters. Goodness, i am so amazed and blown away by this master piece! Please update when you can. I'd love to see how this ends :)
Oshean.Kie chapter 15 . 6/19
You're back man -insert crying face-
I forgot my old account name, so I used one that I practically abandoned HA! I'm so glad you revamped the story (I need to do mine, let's talk about adolescent writing and formatting yikes!), and I'm so glad you're back. Not enough FINISHED Chika/Chizu stories!
I love this story! I can wait for the next chapter.
vietblueart chapter 2 . 3/7
I enjoy this chapter immensely because of the look we get into Chizuru's character, as well as that of the servants who wait on Kazama. A lot of the time characters like that are brushed on or characterized just sparsely, so it's incredibly refreshing to see that Hozin and Uzu have distinct personalities. The motivation of the elder Oni to gloat and mock Kazama sound very believable, too, especially because you take their lifespans into account. Just a few spelling and grammatical errors in this chapter, in the beginning, but they're minor. Looking forward to the next chapter!
vietblueart chapter 1 . 3/7
Goodness, I'm sorry! This review is nearly a month late as real life issues had me putting off fully reading this chapter! ; A ; But in any case, I definitely loved the new details and description! The look into Kazama's mind you give us really does concrete that image of him being proud, arrogant, and sometimes even ruthless. You make it seem very believable but you also hint at other facets of his personality with his love for cranes and for working with his own hands. Chizuru does not come off as a weak character either, with you describing her as someone who's "wise enough to know when it's futile to fight" rather than someone who's just outright weak.

Just a minor note: you have a few spelling errors in the descriptions for the rainy scene but I think those can be overlooked. :3 Also, be careful of having paragraphs that are too long. While I personally don't mind, I feel that some of them can be turned into two paragraphs instead of one, and some readers find it less intimidating. But just a minor note, so you don't have to! X3

For some reason I also found this chapter's Authors Note very enjoyable. I love seeing how much thought and hard work you've put into this fanfiction, and I love how you've detailed all the changes and trivia in this fic. Just know that your hard work is deeply appreciated!
iamthewerepire chapter 15 . 3/4
So, I had to read from the very beginning to now and just... wow. You are such a talented writer and I would like to thank you for sharing your story and talent towards us. Learning a lot from this piece, literature and philosophy wise, and it is just so fascinating to see the growing relationship between Kazama and Chizuru. I'm not the most patient person so I just want the "let there be love and smut!" to come and be done with for me but I understand lol tension is always good for the reader so I can't wait for the next chapter and see what you bring for us :) a real wonderful story. You're doing a marvelous job and I'm really glad you're back in it. Keep up the good work ;)
Kyuma Aoi chapter 15 . 3/2
Huh. I really like the way you slowly allow Kazama and Chizuru to 'bond'. Instead of making her magically fall in love with him and all that crap, they're slowing bridging that gap and understanding each other. It's lovely and you've pretty much got his character nailed.
What you've done with the whole oni lore is incredibly fascinating to read, the twists are just. It's a shame that Hakuouki never bothered to expand on the whole oni lore since it had so much potential. Huh, probably a way to keep with the niche market and avoid Kazama being a stalker or something lol.
Ah, so now we know more about his 'harem' of sorts. I'm a little curious as to what was the reason behind him allowing the foreign chick to stay as a servant..Uzo..I think her name was?
The meeting with Hideo was pretty interesting to read since it gives a closer look at the really strained father -son relationship. Makes me wonder what Kazama's grandmother is like since Satoru seems to be the polar opposite of Hideo and Chikage.
That last part was written nicely and wrapped it up great. I'm looking forward to the next chapter even more haha. Keeping with the old Japanese poetry theme, most of the romances were focused on 'moving forward together' kinda like 'I'll change myself to go at your pace' and I think those last few lines really illustrated that. Heh, you learn something new everyday. I don't think I've encountered the term 'waving your sleeve' before and the poetic meaning is pretty interesting.
-Aoi
XxItsmeNInaxX chapter 15 . 3/1
Ugh I love this fic so much. I don't care what you do to them but I still love it! Good work!
Hi, great story but I just wanted to verify. For Kazama, isn't this his family name and Chikage his given name? It's not a huge problem for, I'm just curious. Thanks :)
534667lc chapter 14 . 2/27
Love your story now following! . Please update soon!
Kyuma Aoi chapter 14 . 2/27
This is an extremely well written story. Description and characters are done in detail so we get to see a healthy amount of interactions and character development. You also added in your own fantasy sort of twist which makes it quite interesting and very unique. I'm a huge fan of mythology and the like but I think your ' fake mythology' is pretty good.
I like the extra background you've given to Chikage, and since the story largely focuses on him as the main Canon character it's a little like a fan disc or bonus seiyuu CD. I'm a Chikage fan so lol I'm that much more biased. His family seem like a strange bunch, especially now that his grandfather has appeared, looking as young as him too.
Now for a huge dose of bitchiness. As much as I enjoyed reading your story. There was just one little thing which made me want to smash my phone with frustration.
Japanese names are written last name and then first name. Kazama ( this would NEVER be a first name) is the surname and Chikage is the first name. This means either most of the oni (both a plural and singular term, no 's') have the same name as he does ( weird but ehh) or have the surname of Chikage and are not related to Kazama Chikage.
tl;dr: during your re-edit, you forgot to fix the names. Kazama is the surname. Chikage is the first name.
vicky chapter 14 . 2/13
Greetings from Argentina!
My English is not very good, I can read but it's difficult for me to write.
I loved your story, it really liked me. That sums it all :).
I would like to say more but, like I said it's too diffult, sorry.
I hope you can understand what I wrote even if I've made ortographics mistakes.
Keep going!
vietblueart chapter 14 . 2/12
UWAHHHHHH, it's so great to hear that this will be continued! This is one of the best, if not THE best Kazama-centered fanfiction here on . I look forward to seeing how this story will be changed. Take it easy, and hope to hear from this story soon! v
GingerLily01 chapter 14 . 2/12
THANK YOU! for not abandoning this wonderful story!