Reviews for Phoenix
TitleGirl79 chapter 10 . 3/19
As the last update was three years ago I guess are you pretty settled with how you left your story, but I do have a few suggestions/comments...Where is Johanna? What happened with her? I would have liked to see her end up in 12 as well since Katniss was the closest thing she had to a friend left.

Did I miss Haymitch at the wedding or was he not mentioned? If he was mentioned he clearly needed a bigger role. Gale giving her away is not how I would have gone, but you did make a good case for it. However, Haymitch meant so much to Katniss I think he still would have been in the thick of things, like Peeta's best man or something.

I'm glad you didn't have Gale say "You know...the offer to run away with me still stands Katnip...". First of all I think it would be disrespectful of the day, of Peeta, and of Gale and Katniss's changed relationship. Secondly, I think Gale would have moved on.

I don't think Pultarch would have been front and center. Pultarch orchestrated things from the sidelines, not the spotlight. Also, Katniss thought he might have had a hand in the bombs that killed Prim (we know this from the final chapters of Mockingjay), I don't think he would have been there at all.

Things I loved...the way Peeta painted Katniss's room, the way the healing book and Katniss's writing projects evolved, that Mrs. Everdeen moved back, how the houses in the Victor's village were used, Haymitch the butcher.
Sam chapter 10 . 12/20/2014
This was quite well written, and certailnly fills in a few gaps, although I think the wedding chapter was the weakest. it was probably too cheesy for Katniss' taste, and Haymitch should have been the one to give Katniss away, not Gale. I feel like that's too insulting to Peeta; also, Gale came across a bit too posh in his words. Gale is just a boy from district 12, not Mr Darcy.

Oh, and green and Orange aren't complementary colours (not complimentary either...it's with an e). The complementary colour of green is red and with orange is blue.

Hope this is somewhat constructive!
Guest chapter 10 . 8/24/2014
More Annie and little Finn. Also Johanna was not mentioned to be present at the wedding or at all really.
Yehoshua chapter 10 . 7/25/2014
*correction for the last post.

Perhaps you could include an exchange or an audience speech where Katniss and Peeta thank Seneca Crane for ironically allowing their wedding to be a possibility, and express regret that he could not be there to attend it.
Yehoshua chapter 10 . 7/25/2014
Perhaps you could include an exchange or audience sin which Katniss and Peeta ironically thank Seneca Crane for making their wedding a possibility and expressing
Guest chapter 10 . 6/22/2014
I want to hear more but I don't know what else you could possibly add!
Guest chapter 9 . 5/31/2014
I really like this fanfiction but katniss would never agree for a glamorous wedding.
Hannah chapter 10 . 5/24/2014
Thank you for posting this! I too was a bit dissapointed at the abrupt ending of Mockingjay, and am very thankful that you were able rid me of it. This completion is well written and detailed, and utterly satisfying. So, once again, thanks.
Martianmojo chapter 10 . 5/6/2014
Come on; surely the Mockingjay won't retire entirely from public life?! How does Gale -whom she taught to shoot, after all- get to be a Defense Minister in the new government and Katniss just mellows into rebuilding 12? Let's see some Gurrrl power to wrap up this story for a change (just a thought)...
kelmikmag chapter 3 . 4/18/2014
haymitch has a butcher - very clever!
littletripper25 chapter 9 . 4/13/2014
You did an amazing job! I think if Suzanne Collins was going to write another ending it would be like this! Beautiful
loverj chapter 10 . 1/5/2014
I think I would read anything you write! I've read a lot of the epilogues here...this is by far the best and left me fulfilled as a reader. Definitely add more!
NarglesandNightlock chapter 10 . 12/31/2013
I am so glad I found this story, I recently finished re-reading Mockingjay and the ending really is lacking. This is story is really amazing and is written so well, Gale is a little OOC but then again he would change a little in two years. The idea of them using the pods for good, Peeta building the pier and the Victors houses being used as shops are all such clever ideas. This is one of the best Hunger Games fanfictions I have read
ackennedy7 chapter 10 . 7/26/2013
Beautifully written!
I have read a lot of fan fiction, post Mockingjay stories and am usually left thirsting for more detail, emotion or answers. But after reading Phoenix, I simply want to read more of your writing! :) Very well done!
I would love to read more about what occurs during the dance with Gale, reflection during the carriage ride, or even more chapters of the journey leading to the epilogue. Again, exquisite writing! Thank you for sharing.
MockingJayFlyingFree chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Amazing first chapter, well done! I can already tell why this one an award. Can't wait to read more!