Reviews for The Gifts from the South
CinnamonDragon chapter 2 . 12/21/2013
Well, that's embarrassing, it seems I've mixed things up. It turns out biryani is an Indian dish but its name has Persian origins (and I mistakenly wrote that the dish was of Persian origin). So thanks to the Anonymous Reviewer for pointing it out, although I don't think it was necessary to call me an idiot for making a simple mistake :)
Guest chapter 2 . 12/21/2013
course it is, you idiot. Biryani is made in INDIA
FF.netfanHANNAH chapter 3 . 11/13/2012
That was so sweet and so awesome. And I don't think Corin was out of character. He seemed the sort of guy to say things then think about their consequences, so he could say some slightly mean things in a joking manner, then realise later that he was too harsh...

*HannaH*
Hilariter chapter 3 . 5/23/2011
I don't believe it was out of character at all!

Anyway, I loved this. It was well written, well formatted, and well thought out. I really enjoyed the insights into Aravis and Cor's characters and further development without going into too much romance, which didn't seem to be your purpose.

The only possible critique would be on the style of writing. It occasionally shifted from a more formal style of narrating and dialog to a more casual, colloquial style, especially in the dialog sections.

Again, a great story and very well done!
tfobmv18 chapter 3 . 3/2/2011
I absolutely love it. Keep up the good work.
Miss. Tiny chapter 3 . 2/5/2011
Oh, that was soooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!

I love the part were Aravis is Babling and thenn she runs out of oxygen.

It was really adorable, SO KEEP IT UP!

P.S. Is it possible that sequel's can be written?
Inkpot satsuma chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
Such a lovely, lovely end to the stroy! :) I adored the way the gifts for Aravis were organized, the hurt moment for poor Cor and Aravis' apologies. The warm, hopeful ending was absolutely perfect :) Thanks for such a good read!
ASweetDisposition chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
Awwww! What a sweet ending! I love that Aravis felt so nervous and couldn't stop babbling. Great job!
ASweetDisposition chapter 2 . 1/24/2011
I always love stories about Aravis and Cor and this one is really cute so far. You've really captured Aravis' character in that she loves to seem in control and a bit bossy, while she's really a bit insecure/needy. Looking forward to the last update! (But if you'd like to continue past Chapter 3, that's fine by me!)
Miss. Tiny chapter 2 . 1/23/2011
Not to pry, or intervire with your work, but...

Please... UPDATE!

PLEASE. It's to good to delay... My hopes :)...
Captain Clueless the First chapter 2 . 1/23/2011
I like, I like, I like! Keep it up! I love Aravis too, and I love Cor!
Inkpot satsuma chapter 2 . 1/22/2011
Another enjoyable chapter! :) I adored your description of the dish, it made my mouth water! And the small tingle of anticipation, the faint giddiness about the surprise gifts was so very perfect! A bit like from "The Little Princess", so very good to read :) I also loved your ideas for the gifts, all so thoughtful! I can't wait for Aravis to find her mysterious benefactor out and thank him :) Meanwhile, I thank you for a lovely chapter :)
Inkpot satsuma chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I'm definitely intrigued! I enjoyed this chapter, the writing is so light and pleasant, and the feelings are conveyed very well :) I liked the theme of Aravis' homesickness being a complicated one, and I enjoyed how you wrote it. And I can't wait to see what the gifts are and how the thoughtful Cor came up with all this. Please continue :)