Reviews for The Kids Are Alright
Lilybud chapter 1 . 1/26
Wow! I cannot say just how AWESOME this chapter is! First off, the writing is clean, succinct, and flows terrifically! Then the characters. Sherlock's and John's, despite the age-change, personalities are exactly in-character. I also love how you aged Sherlock, especially. You keep his intelligence and direct reasoning, but you also keep him to his five years, such as playing games with the sidewalk and fixating on things, such as the possibility of being adopted. And the Punnet charts! You mix immaturity with maturity so well! ["Say cheese." "That's stupid." "Close enough." HA! It was also cute how Sherlock wanted his sandwiches made a specific way, and how he guessed that the girl at the cafe likes John. Gosh, what wasn't cute in this story! And let's not forget about John. He was so patient and sweet, and never patronized Sherlock, as he doesn't seem the type. He takes everything in stride, and that perhaps is his most charming feature. His description about the differences between friends is also realistic and defined something that is frankly hard to clarify. The ending was also heartwarming, both how they always knew each other and that Sherlock didn't want John to go from babysitting.
MidnightGlows chapter 1 . 1/14
That was just the sweetest thing ever! Is this on ao3?
Sakihinata chapter 1 . 12/24/2015
That was the cutest story I read yet ;)
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
Awesome! I loved how John treated Sherlock so well, taking care of him and meeting his emotional needs too. Your characterizations were extremely impressive
MarMima chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
absolutely adorable :')
Thanks for writing such a cute story!
nextdoornutcase chapter 1 . 11/16/2015
love this story! the single most beautiful sherlock ff i have read... you deserve a medal
JemDragons chapter 1 . 11/4/2015
Awww, that was adorable.
SherlockToMyJohn chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
This was absolutely brilliant. Christmas. So fluffy and cute and perfect. I love how Sherlock goes and investigates and finds John and than John recounts the tale of the best kid he ever babysat. It was so cute to read this kid!Sherlock and teen!John. I love how John was different (of course he would be but I love how you wrote it) and could see that he was smart and not just five. And the ending...oh, the ending was adorable and cute and fantastic. I must admit I still try to walk the same number of steps in sidewalk squares and I am nineteen. You're a wonderful author and writer. Cheers and ta for writing and posting this wonderfully delightful story.
TwistedHalfSmileM chapter 1 . 9/3/2015
Yeah, I know right? I DETEST the numbers 39 and 38, because they sound so OLD even when they aren't. I like to describe Severus Snape as a young man, because really, he totally died young, especially by wizard standards, but 38 makes him sound so old and I hate it. I really like this story, it's great! Thanks.
-M
TheCurlyGal6218 chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
This is the cutest thing I've read in a long time. Well done :)
FandomFreakatHeart chapter 1 . 8/2/2015
So fricken adorable!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
awwwwwwwwwww
Luckwearer chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
Aawh, this was utterly adorable. My cheeks are aching from the smile I had while readings this story. It was just so cute, I had to constantly suppress cooing, because I'm supposed to be studying, but it was totally worth it. Your characterization was spot on btw.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/2/2015
Great story. Loved it
Tarsieh chapter 1 . 4/25/2015
At this point, I couldn't care less about the ages of the characters because this fic is pretty dang good. I like how you wrote young Sherlock. You've managed to create the perfect balance of intellect and immatureness that is Sherlock. Also, I like this patient John. You wrote him incredibly well.