Reviews for The Artist's Muse
COOKIECHEESEMAN chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
You know, it's not very often that I decide to review a submission... or even decide to favourite a submission, based on one line. However, this is exactly what has just happened.

Sappiness aside, the last line did it for me. Forde and Eirika's paired ending was somewhat ambiguous as far as what happened to them, so this provides some slight closure. AWWWW!

I'm not an artist, so I can't relate to Forde. Which is why it's great that you described everything so much. You're always able to capture moments and situations and describe them in such detail. This is why you're counted as one of the elites on this site!

Continue the descriptive details in your stuff. It adds to the sappiness of greatness.

10/10 Woo hoo!
amanda2324 chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
I LOVE this! I always thought that those two would get married in the end! I don't think they did... but they should have!
SpeedDemon315 chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
This pairing never would have crossed my mind if this oneshot didn't spring up in my email box. It's cute, and quite believable. I've always liked Forde, he kind of reminded me of Sain, only with much less skirt chasing.

Keep up the wonderful writing!

SpeedDemon315
FireEdge chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
This was lovely. It was one of those things that just puts you in such a thoughtful mood and makes you smile. I could almost feel myself sitting in Ford's spot, and I loved the way you wrote him. My heart definitely went out to him in the last few sentences, and I have to admit that, though I'm a total SethEirika shipper, I do have a soft spot for this pairing. I love Ford's still waters run deep-ness (if that makes any sense), and you definitely did an awesome job showing that through.
Marius Sidorov chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
This was a wonderfully poignant piece that really captured the emotion and essence of the situation. Well done.

The only thing that I felt took away from the piece was quite a small, nitpicky thing - the use of the word "tossed" after Forde completes the painting seems too "active" a phrase for a piece willed with such subtlety and emotion.

Very well done, however. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

-Marius
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
I am listening to my "Forde the Artist" theme song as I read this. :)

Aw. Sweet and sad and eloquent despite its brevity. My only quibble is that the use of "quiet earnestness" seemed a little out-of-place, a bit of telling instead of showing.
Xirysa chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Friend, this was absolutely beautiful. I see what you meant when you said yours and mine were similar but then totes different. Either way, I approve, and now you know that unrequited Forde/Eirika may just be my FE8 OTP.

...Yeah.

Um. I'm dumb and don't have much more to say. Great work!

[Xirysa]
RawkHawk2.0 chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Yay! Forde/Eirika! One of my fave FE8 pairings, right next to Ross/Lute and Franz/Amelia! Nobody writes these two though. In fact, I believe I remember reading several Seth/Eirika by you... Oh well. A well written, cute little piece none the less. Well done!