Reviews for The Haymitch Chronicles Book 1
MJElliot chapter 4 . 6/4/2013
more,more, more :)
Guest chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Good. Write about hi games!
Fluffy the chicken chapter 4 . 9/25/2012
please comeback from the dead!
Fluffy the chicken chapter 3 . 9/25/2012
you did great! i love it
Fluffy the chicken chapter 2 . 9/24/2012
keepgoing!
Fireslytherin263 chapter 3 . 4/15/2012
im really enjoying this fan fiction. mostly because haymitch is my least favorite person in all the hunger games , so i get to see him drunk constantly. also because if u hate haymitch as much as i do, you would probably be reading everything about him like me because youd be looking for different ways to insult him. so yeah, this is good. hurry up and write the next one.
Yumel chapter 3 . 4/12/2012
That was an interesting chapter but the eyes of Katniss are gray not brown well i hope you update soon :)
Dawn on fire chapter 3 . 2/13/2012
was the best. hope you arent a slacker and leaves in the middle
jau0062 chapter 3 . 1/24/2012
Looking forward to more. Liking Haymitch POV.
Alyssa S chapter 3 . 1/11/2012
Haymitch is one of my favorite characters from the trilogy. Your chapters are good. I know at this point in the book there isn't a lot of him to work with, but try to get more of his "spunk". He has an amazing sarcastic, snarky attitude that no one seems to be able to really capture.
narwhayley chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
I love Haymitch POV stories. I really hope you finish this one. It's really really really good. Anyways I love how you keep Haymitch in character and all that. ;P
Samy58787667757 chapter 3 . 3/19/2011
Upload it is so good!:):):):):):):):):)
bloodbuzz chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Your story has potential, and a great deal of it. I mean, look on the bright side: it's not a SYOT. :D

Anyway, there are some things you should probably fix.

The thing to start with would be: never use abbreviations in writing. Always spell words like "okay" out, and numbers less than a hundred.

You're missing a ton of punctuation in this fix, specifically commas.

I like your writing style. It makes me feel comfortable with reading this, but it's hard to read it because of the grammar mistakes.

To help, I'll give you an example.

Your sentence: Ok wake up might not be the best the best use of words how about this I regained consciousness.]]

How it should look: Okay, "wake up" might not be the best use of words to describe the situation. Saying "I regained consciousness" might be a better way to put it.

Or something like that. Overall, I'd suggest getting a beta. If you ever need to find one, I'm sure some of the people at District 14 -myself included- would be more than willing to help you improve.

Happy writing!

Thanks, much.

Rachel

[District 14]

( forum/District_14/82581/)
waitwhatsthisfor chapter 3 . 2/21/2011
Great chapter! Haymitch is awesome as always :)
bigger infinities chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Okay, first things first; your story has A LOT of potential. But there are a lot of things holding you back from having a really good story.

It's mostly just grammar and spelling. I would seriously get a beta, if I were you. They help with things like this.

Just some things to keep in mind, though, if you don't get a beta (which, to be honest, you really should get one). "I" is ALWAYS capitalized, no matter where it is.

No matter what program you type on, there is always a spell check. Sometimes, you can even go online and find a grammar checker.

I have a sentence here that shows examples of three grammar errors. ""Hey" I said "Whats going on."" Number one,t here would be a commar right after the word 'Hey'. It would look like this; "Hey,". Next, you need a period after "I said", making the the sentence look like this - "Hey," I said. Next, you wouldn't use a period for a question. SO, in all, the correct sentence would look like this - "Hey," I said. "What's going on?"

Also, you have a lot of run-on sentences. I would suggest either using commas or breakign the sentence up. If you really try, your fic could be really great. :)

Icelyn