Reviews for For What It's Worth
wow chapter 3 . 1/16
This made me depressed it was a good fanfic but i hate it at the same time cause of the ending.

I'll have to find a happy fanfic now.

But seriously this was one of the most well written fanficts ive read
Reading Soul chapter 3 . 12/29/2014
Justthisguyyouknow, your prediction was amazingly spot on!

Really sad and somewhat mysterious ending(what happened to her, really?)
Clever idea, using various stages of their lives to tell the story.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
God that was so freakin sad I love this story but I hate it like I can't right now
Faasnu Briinah chapter 3 . 6/26/2013
I love that you didn't bother using the plot of A:TLA for your story, instead you just used the characters as they were, and as they probably would be in our modern time.

I loved every second of this story, right down to where I was tearing up at the realization that Azula died. It was so heart wrenching.

I want to know how she died! Was it the anti-depressants? Wait, maybe she left? Ooh, I hope you make a sequel (if she left them)! I want to see them together :'(

Beautiful story, thank you so much!
sakataring chapter 3 . 4/17/2013
awww damn, that was a depressing ending
RJCA27 chapter 3 . 3/24/2013
wait is this the end? please pm back or answer back..
Mystique84 chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
fuck you, now I have to read something happy.
therealslimkaty chapter 3 . 1/21/2013
How dare you make me feel things I am crying. Ugh.

Although it was very well written and very realistic to the human condition I felt as though Sokka was a little bit out of character.
Even though the majority of the time his life is sort of being sucked away by Azula, he's still Sokka the meat and sarcasm guy. I missed his quirks and puns.
Other than that it was very well done and I will probably read it again the next time I feel sad.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/2/2012
nice job. Hope you update this because im wondering what happened to azula?
Graceface55 chapter 3 . 6/24/2012
*Gross sobbing*

This was beautiful.

I hate and love you.
Suffern187 chapter 3 . 3/7/2011
Man...I don't know what everyone else thinks.

But I waiting for the big twist.

"Sorry Sokka but the baby isn't yours. Its Jets."

But your ending was a good twist as well though.

I rate this story 7 out of 10 this was a great freaken story by the way
strange-summer-melancholy chapter 3 . 3/3/2011
Well i guess not everyone can have a happy ending. And I mean you can only learn what your parents teach you, or from your parents mistakes. I guess Azula choose the first option huh? This was sweet in the beginning though, and even though it wasn't ideal, i like the ending, it just fit the theme and story well. Good job, keep writing!
dromedatonks chapter 3 . 1/23/2011
Bittersweet, but I love it
Justthisguyyouknow chapter 3 . 1/20/2011
I said it would all end in tears.

Very well written and the characters and their interactions all worked.

Excellent job.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Aurelia le chapter 3 . 1/20/2011
Wow. When you said end ... you meant end. That was a very gripping conclusion, but it does leave me wondering how it happened, which was probably your intent. I would have guessed she OD'ed on the pills in the Gun Quota section, except we have a paragraph from her POV subsequent to that ... and you know, Sokka would have gotten her help if that was the case, and then he wouldn't be thinking she was sweet at the end, because she would never have gone to counseling.

Which in turn makes me wonder how much of what we see subsequent to Gun Quota was a dream. I would have guessed the counseling turning her into "a new person, a better one," because that does sound like Sokka's dream. And given how damaged she is, even in your AU, it seems a little unlikely that two months of counseling would prove that successful. But that was the same section with her POV, and I really doubt you would switch from reality to dream in the same section, so there goes that theory.

I did think she had left at first though, since Sokka "wanted to know where she was, and could only hope it was somewhere safe." Unless he has some lingering questions about the existence of an afterlife, or where Azula would go when she died, which ... ouch, this should not have been the case, probably. Or maybe she ran away, and then died? But wait ...

The fact that you have me asking this many questions and wondering to this extent is probably a very good sign. But I would like to know how she died. And how much of this is real.

More generally speaking, excellent job with this drabble series! I found it very engaging, which is really saying something for a series of vignettes, as I often have a harder time getting into these than longer storylines.

You used the occasion of milestones in Sokka and Azula's relationship very well to play these characters off of each other, and we learn a lot about them in the process. I especially enjoyed some of the references to Azula's family in this chapter particularly, for example, when Ozai leaves her in the middle of her wedding. He would calculate his departure for maximum emotional impact like that, but it was very sweet how Sokka was wordlessly there for her throughout.

Oddly enough, my favorite part was probably when Azula was contemplating leaving, and then wondered if she were worse than her own mother, who had done the same to her. Given her portrayal for most of the series, it can be hard for some authors to convincingly write her wrestling with her conscience, even in an AU, but you made me believe it. I think reflecting on her own experiences in light of the responsibility of being a mother probably would do this to her.