Reviews for Melody of Promises
Meda Princess chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
At the beginning, it was almost like he was having an argument with himself, but in the end it all flows into one coherent thought process. I love the interchanging between the thoughts of Bruno and Antinomy, and how even though both are separate, they still form one core idea. Absolutely adore this. :3
Set Your Heart Free chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Aww, this is so cute. It's written really well!
Mahayana chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
I... I read through this whole thing with a big smile on my face. And why you ask? Because while reading, the entire time I've been thinking that this is the most "right" Bruno voice I have ever seen in fanfiction. It just... SOUNDS RIGHT. And the shift in tone between Antinomy/Bruno? Brilliant. The mess ups with what he meant to say? Brilliant. The acknowledgment that, in the end he's just a machine and can be replaced? Brilliant.

I've always loved that divide between Antinomy's mission persona, and Bruno's care free, geek mechanic persona. And you've brought that out so clearly, and meshed them with great efficiency.

I have to admit... Bruno geek spazzing for a second that Yusei is heartbroken over him being an enemy and taking it as meaning "you feel the same!" It was just... my heart both broke a little, AND gave a little fangirl spazz.

Ugh. You are disturbingly good at this. Please write Bruno forever. haha (Actually, I'll read whatever you write. But damn your Bruno is good. You give him dimension!)
jenuinetears chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
I cried during the actual episode. D: Bruno/Dark Glass/Antimony was one of my favorite charries. This was really accurate for not having seen the episodes before writing this.

I liked how this was organized. It's pretty cool seeing them finish each others' sentences and that each one of these "drabbles" separated by a hyphen are 100 words long.

Bruno/Yusei is one of the few Yusei pairings that I like. It'd just so adorable how they bond over technology and computers. And this makes me like it even more. Bruno...! D'8 The last few lines were particularly heart-wrenching.

-Jen
Triste chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
I love the way you write this pairing. It's really kind of neglected (or maybe people have been posting more since the past couple of episodes and I haven't noticed), but that just makes it all the more special when fics like this one come along. The little details are simply delightful, like Bruno taking three days to remember how to tie his shoelaces. Thanks also for including Paradox. It's always enjoyable to see him popping up in fic. 3
Sango Tsubasa chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
that was so cute ;.; I am tearing up!
SkyeDescent chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Whoa...so awesome. I watched 144 raw, but I was just like Whoa! Anyway, beautiful fic!
strawhat-alchemist chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Could it be? A fellow troper?

Watching episode 143, I had to force myself to stay. Then 144, the RAW anyway, from what I was seeing it broke my heart into tiny shards )

Lovely fic, I loved every bit of it. You did a good job with Bruno/Antinomy's character.
Chibi Duelist chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
That was amazing. I loved how you went back and forth between Bruno and Dark Glass. And I've always loved the Yusei x Bruno pairing, so that made it even better. There needs to be more Toolshipping stories on here. All in all, that was really great!
LadyRosalie29 chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Good one shot. I actually felt the debate between them. Also, the song Yakusoku no Melody is very good but sad. Thanks for recommending the song. Do you know any website that let's you download the song?
Akakata7 chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Well, this was really good! I enjoyed it! I feel bad for Bruno/Dark Glass. I can't wait for episode 149! Thanks for writing, it was nice to read. It really shows perspective on Bruno/Dark Glass and he's in perfect character. Nice job!
pippa-pie chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I'm listening to the song right now as I write this. I always love the 5Ds songs...

I'm happy this is a story about Bruno/Dark Glass. He's one of my very favorite characters, and sadly doesn't get much attention in fanfiction as far as I've seen :( I really like the abrupt transitions from Bruno to Dark Glass in this story. Also, the tiny slip ups he makes-"…waitIdidn'tmeantosaythat…!"-(lol XD) are great and just adds to as if he's actually in the moment, speaking to Yusei (which he is...)

The small Please? at the end shows Bruno, really, REALLY hopes Yusei doesn't forget, and it's a nice touch instead of just ending it at "Don't forget what could have been".

You've written the Bruno/Yusei relationship well (whether it be slightly romantic or just friends). Great job