Reviews for To Serve and Protect
hazelbunny chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
well. that was unexpected. didnt think arthur would just waltz up the the sorcerer and tell merlin to stop. or that i would actually work.
Kitty O chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Before I start my review/entertaining commentary, let me get something to snack on…I assume I’ll need it. You, Geek, are going to make me fat.

UNO: Just like Arthur:) :) Jusst assume Gaius can do anything while you go beat people up over a staff. That’s all you’re good for…

DOS: Gaius, Lancelot, and Gwaine swore allegiance in their hearts to merlin when he saved them. He did that because he is (pardon my KittyOish) awesome-pie. Therefore, following such logic, you should not hurt Merlin when he awakes. Know what happens when you hurt aweome pie people? It goes: “And when the pie was opened, the sorcerers began to attack, and wasn’t that a dainty dish to set before the king?” Sorry…nursery rhyme. (Also, I love how Arthurs like, “Oh his soul is missing, and so…” And Gwaine’s like, “Not that! Why would I care what happens to his soul? I’m worried about him being burned…”)

THRES: I don’t think Arthur needs to order him to get him to run naked through the streets. All he needs for that is a few drinks.

ERRR…FOUR: Still on this awesome conversation…I agree with them both. Arthur probably did notice, but he was lied to and that’s hard. But Merlin had it worse. Thank you, Gwaine. Didn’t know you were smart…

NUMBER AFTER FOUR: I love Gwen. She’s smart too. They are ALL smart except Arthur, which is really too bad… But it’s smart of her to notice that no one who had nightmares about Merlin being in pain is going to let him be killed. That would be pointless. And her “no” because he’s not going to…Really, in this, Gwen and Gwaine fight for my favorite characters.

SIX: No wonder Cor’s insane. Merlin has enough power in him to turn any man into a loon, but he was born with it and used to it. But Cor had it thrown into him. It’s foreign—AND he has ANOTHER soul hanging around his staff to worry about. Is that right?

LASTLY: I love the ending. So well done.

UPDATE SOON!
z67 chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Intriquing story, really. All of them are so in character!

Subscribing now. Good work, good style to write.
HotChocolate in Summer chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Whoop whoop! Go Merlin! You kick that evil sorccerers butt from the inside of a staff! Yeah! Kick that booty!
AristaHolmes chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
oh! love this! LOL Love that even incorporeal, Merlin's taking order from arthur roflmao!
heartfallen chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
That was so cool! Another awesome chapter. I'm so excited for more
rodeocat chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Awesome! Loving this story
Jen89 chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
This story is amazing. I just finished reading all the chapters and it kept me completely captivated. Loving it so far and I'm looking forward to reading more!
The Dancing Bard chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Yes! Sentient staff!Merlin rocks my socks. I can picture Arthur basically ignoring the mad sorceror to yell at a stick. "Merlin, what do you think you're doing? Stop gadding about and clean this up. And when you're finished with that I've got some more work for you do as well." This chapter just made me beam - can't wait to see what happens next.
DistractionPie chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Ah, this is like an awesome epic chapter but that whole part at the end just fills my head with the image of Arthur telling Merlin to stop it and the wind just stopping. It makes me grin!
toridoki chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
oh i just love this story it could actually be a proper episode its that good and gripping :)
Katherine Moonhawk chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
haha! BRILLIANT! Fantastically written still a) it reads well, the descriptions are nice, the tone is pitch perfect and the emotion is practically dripping from the type, the characters are realistic, dialogue too, and well, the end of this chapter? Pure genius, love love love love it, please update soon!

Kat
Emachinescat chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Amazing chapter! I am so impressed and loving it! XD Can't WAIT for more!
FallenUpStairs chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
You're cruel for stopping the chapter there, very cruel indeed. Update please like really soon.
aigneadh chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Hahaha! Forgive me the fact I'm laughing!

Don't get me wrong, it was a very suspenseful chapter, but Arthur stil telling Merlin what to do while he is on the brink of death and his powers are trapped in a staff...

Great work!