Reviews for Matters of the Heart
I loved this story when I first read it long time ago and I finally found it again, YAY! Great Job I wish more people wrote thrashings like that, not the 5 swats and thats its it type story that you took hrs to get through the story and it ends on a weak swat here and there. I am sure you have gotten tons of people complaining but I know the difference between a story and real life. I love tough love and that my dear Esme just dished out some tough love. I grew up in the 60's and 70's that was a typical whipping in my days of growing up. Thanks again for this story I know its a oldie, would love to see another one like it someday soon. If I can remember my password maybe I can get info from you on other stuff you have written that might be up somewhere else. Been awhile since I logged in here, might need to make new acct. Thanks Again!
rosalielover chapter 1 . 4/6
Love them both fave characters yuh shall make another chapter of how Esme comforts Rosalie
Spawn chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
That must have been hard for Esme, but Rosalie deserved it. She showed her daughter that she couldn't get away with that kind of behavior. Good job.
Kayla Denard chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
I loved the story but i didn't feel like you put enough comfort in for Rose !
thailand 2012 chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
I enjoyed this story. It is good that Esme is not a push over. Will you write more Esme stories?
Purradox chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Love Esme! Rosie deserved that one for sure.
kalico chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Great story! I had read your other stories first and I like you linked them together. I liked this one also. Its so different seeing esme as the bas ass mom. thanks for sharing.

kal
Wolf Dragon Demon chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Never read anything like this before but I sure as hell loved it, it was grand. Keep up the good work.
Rachael Fairbanks chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I loved this story! I would have never thought that sweet, gentle Esme could have had in her! In the actual punishment chapter, it went back to the stories my Grandma has told me about the "olden days of living." Rosalie should have just stood up! Man, it was really good. I was in suspence, and found myself calling Rosalie an idiot for going clubbing in the damn dress in the first place! And, then not standing up. I was like, "STAND UP FOOL! STAND UP!" My husband looked at me like I was on meth or something.. It was amazing, nonetheless. I had never really thought of Esme being such a badass xD
carlisle'snumber1fan chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
first let me say that i totally agree with you. people have no right to bash on stuff that offends them after you warn them of whats going to be in your story.

secondly, that was a great story. i love the idea that esme is finally taking charge of her kids and showing them that shes the boss.

great story, i hope you write more of these!
CathyLee chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
I LOVE this story. Esme is no joke. I would hate to get on her bad side. You are a genus writer.

Cathy
madnessdownunder2 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I can understand Esme's rage, it's not so much the dress as the disrespect, if Rose had gone to her in the beginning and told her what she'd done, she's probably still get her butt kicked but no where near as bad! The fact was it was a one of a kind gift and Rose was told no but she did it any way. Why? Very nice work!
NaughtyAngelBrat chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Rose definitely had some discipline coming to her. And I'm glad that Esme stuck to her guns and gave her what she needed. I just wish it hadn't been with the belt.(I have personal issues with the belt)I wish that Carlisle stood up to his girls more in all of your stories. I'm glad he was there for Esme though. It is hard to discipline your children, no matter how well deserved.

Hugs, Che'
reading is my addiction chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
CFC-

Another great story here! I'm glad you went on with your Rose & Esme story! It was a very nice twist on your regular Esme character to see her in this role! It was certainly intense! I enjoyed your elaborate description of this dress... it really wove a wonderful picture of how much Esme treasured it! I found it interesting on how Esme couldn't quite comfort Rose right away... at first this surprised me, but then as I thought about it and continued reading it seems to make perfect sense that Rose wouldn't be receptive of comfort from her. I can certainly see that in Rose... wanting to kind of "ice out" whomever punished her for a while... and find her comfort and sympathy in someone else. Very well thought out in your character development I feel! Also I LOVED Carlisle in this. Your main squeeze ( ;o) ) was portrayed just perfectly in this story! He was so understanding with Esme... even not knowing everything, he knew just what to be for her. And He was super great with Rose as well! I just loved how you showed his two sides here... mate and daddy... wrapped up in kindness & understanding! Just perfect! Nicely done my friend! :)

-Reading
Cullen Cousin chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
I guess you could say that Rose got her just deserts for her actions. Everyone knows that you can't hide things from Momma...they will always find out what you did, one way or another.

Excellent o/s!