Reviews for At Eternity's Gate
katherinegrace79 chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
The Vincent and the Doctor episode was the most heartbreakingly beautiful episodes of the rebooted series. It has stayed with me years after it was aired and it remains one of my most favourite episodes. This story continues the canon in a beautiful fashion. It is truly realistic and what (in my mind) I had hoped would happen after the credits appeared. Amy and Vincent had a sweet connection and I like to think that she saw him once more before she ended up in Manhattan. Thank you for this story. It's nice to have an author that can be counted on for well-written, engaging stories.
Ghostly Green chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
The Van Gogh episode was one of the saddest, and yet most beautiful episodes in reboot-Who, in my opinion, and this story was just... lovely. Lovely, necessary, sad, beautiful... I adored it. You are most definitely the cat's pajamas when it comes to writing one-shots, especially ones with a character study of a sort. Fantastic job!
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
I'm trying really hard not to cry as I sit at my desk, having read this story during my lunch break. I only recently got to see the episode that inspired your fic and when I saw the summary I knew I just had to read it. This is absolutely beautiful and incredibly moving. Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm going to share the link with the friend who watched the episode with me. This is a superb epilogue to what I think is one of the best television episodes I think I've ever seen.
Enarra chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
This was something wonderful to read as a piece of fanfiction, because it doesn't detract from the tragedy of the episode. I love the original ending, and reading and enjoying this didn't feel like an attempt to revise that, but rather just seeing more possibilities. But maybe that's just me.

The voices that you give the characters are also spot on, and it just read beautifully.
Artemis Gaze chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
This...was breathtaking. So beautiful that tears came to my eyes. You are such an incredible writer. Honestly – you should be writing the episodes of Doctor Who. Not only do you have the characters perfectly, and the story lines, but you capture a *depth* that I feel like the show can miss sometimes. Laura: you are amazing. Keep writing. You have a gift.
tarnished silver things chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
This is beautiful. Thank you.

- Mercy.
KateDan72 chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Just stumbled across this and I'm so glad I did. It's so beautiful and tragic. This is my favourite episode and this story does it justice. So beautiful and simple. Stunning.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Aw, I really liked this little story. I think it was a very interesting take on events and you did a lovely job. Great work!
siddyi chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Wow. I read this first thing after reading the episode and it... truly does it justice. I have to say, I much prefer this ending... simple, wow.
wehaveopitions chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
The episode with Vincent and the Doctor was one of my most favourite ones in the series and this was brilliant. I loved it, how they made him happier. Really really great job! :D
MyGoldenGlow chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
wow...I really can't think of anything else to say. I'm speechless. That was amazing.

It always bothered me that they couldn't help him, and I'm so glad you changed that! This was so beautiful, but also so sad - just perfect.
juniperwing chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
This was beautiful.

You did an amazing job with it.
sarah chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
wow. that's pretty good!
broadwayb chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Absolutely loved it! You have 11 and Amy down to a science! Can't wait to read what you cook up next because you are by far my favourite author in the fanfic world
Terra Young chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Very, very good. I love it!