Reviews for braid me alive
Darkened Eternity chapter 13 . 1/21/2012
Cute, and touching after watching too much Adler and her machinations and then the Reichenbach Fall ;-; (and then I listened to that Reichenbach ballad and joined that 'I believe in Sherlock Holmes' movement on Tumblr. /goes into mourning)

A touch of warmth indeed, good job :) Pills makes me a tad concerned for Sherly, though o
iDestiny chapter 12 . 8/24/2011
Yeah, my laptop survived the spill Dx

The fragment is... interesting in this context, particularly when it's followed by the first line about the breakfast! The breakfast comment seems a bit disembodied/disorietated to me, a brief interlude before the storm o.O; But I guess it's quite a blunt comment in the same way Sherlock feels dull and empty...

"to have even a glimpse at the peacefulness he could have never found himself" It's quite a beautiful statement, and quite sad too :) 3

The stunted toothpaste observation is really meaningful, complementing Sherlock's loss of nerve contact and loss of touch with the world around him. The 'smile' contrasts well with the loss of control and chaos portayed in the overwhelmig chaos inside and outside him. Perhaps you could depict more of the chaos inside him against the calm/dullness. :D

With 'solitude chair' should it perhaps be solitary chair? D: The impersonal 'Holmes' shows to me that Lestrade is trying to maintain a professional distance himself from Sherlock's desperation. It certainly functions well! Personally, I feel that Lestrade should be more tangled in the surrounding mystery...

Is that Sherlock or Moriarty or both D: It's scary how easily I can mistake them for each other :)

Poor Sherlock, where is he going? D: Perhaps you could hang more onto this new Sherlock and build up the danger more as new Sherlock is unable to deal well with the growing conflict :)
Darkened Eternity chapter 11 . 6/18/2011
It's a tragic and depressing chapter, but moving all the same. Yay for the update *biggrin (review is short *sob because my laptop refuses to boot after a water spill) q.q
Noremac1 chapter 10 . 4/16/2011
Really good! Update soon!
iDestiny chapter 10 . 4/5/2011
Sorry about the really late reviews, study for Uni *sigh

I love the image of Jim and Sherlock being forced to stand in the same room together... xD xD
iDestiny chapter 8 . 3/17/2011
Very beautiful ;)
Zonya chapter 7 . 2/21/2011
yes! she deserved that, lol

But please, where is poor John? this fic is so interesting, update soon!
Caspar Wilde chapter 6 . 2/19/2011
You are amazing and this is beautiful. I quite love you.
Zonya chapter 6 . 2/15/2011
OMG! I was not expecting that, not at all. Please update soon!
Darkened Eternity chapter 6 . 2/11/2011
I've been working around to review this. Being trying to motivate myself to do a decent review /for ages/. I must have read this chapter at least six times, I suffer from quite a serious case of procrastination and poor time management with real life stuff. Seems like I read most of your work on my iPod, at midnight, underneath my doona xD

Your Sherlock is a rare three dimensional, sophisticated character. :) Sherlock in the orginal BBC series mentions that there are 'no heroes' and your interpretation faithfully sticks by that assertion. Which is good, since most everyone is softening his character, based on his love for John. :) You actually have explored the character in a refreshingly (with quite brutally sharp clarity) way. :) There is a nice undertone of cloying malice and darkness in your story, and while it isn't overwhelming, but managing the /sheer presence/ of darkness is done in a brilliant way.

I think that it is very believable under the right circumstances (e.g. John in danger) it's quite likely that Sherlock would consider murdering Moriarty in a cold-blooded torturous way, simply because he can. Again, few people actually manage to successfully explore this side of Sherlock, he is presented in a similar way to Moriarty, and with the absence of his 'moral compass' John, it really fleshes out the character a little more. Instead of simply following the rigid strictures set down by the episodes seen, you've really extrapolated and put your personal style/stamp on the piece. That's something I respect. Moreover, Sherlock's dismissive attitude at the impractibility of torture and the 'silliness' of these thoughts, rather than the /ethics/ of actually putting a person through that pain, really emphasises this slight degeneration of his morals.

I think I'm really sick of the old cliche that everyone else seems to be using too. So I too really enjoyed that subversion. I went OMG something different! Everyone trots out the same ideas, but gosh I love new perspectives because fanon gets oh-so dull and repetitive.

Also, have to mention that I love the dual depiction of vulnerability here. It really contrasts that 'invincibility' and basic immunity that everyone is putting on Sherlock and Moriarty. The last line seemed really simple at first, but when I read it again I think it ended this chapter excellently and summed up Sherlock's feelings by breaking down that arrogance that he displays in public. Effective, because sentimentality is not overwhelming, but this line is very succinct. Good job.

And I reread your first chapter again. I think it makes much more sense now, since it looks like you've begun with the end and are working your way towards the events described in the first chapter. I assume that's John who's on the verge of dying :x But I really want to know what happens next, so write more~!

Ok. You're doing well, but not receiving that many reviews. I have to conclude that some people simply dislike subtlety, it can be quite off-putting. (In my somewhat limited experience people want an unbelievable amount of obvious romance/love/slash/humour/fluff, prefer plain dialogue/expressions). It's difficult, because people want to be immediately hooked with murder, murder, kiss, kiss, kiss, fluff, fluff, murder, murder, cute somewhat angelic, invincible OOC!Sherlock etc. etc. on the internet, they're very easily distracted. On the other hand, your gradual reveals are a welcome relief to what seems like an entire internet full of info dumps that don't go anywhere.

But there's depth to your fics and they're thoughtful, a slightly detached tone, and so I personally prefer your style of writing. I'll do my best to review whenever I can. :)

(I'm also desperate to find out what happens next as well.)

I genuinely love your prose. :D
Ethelinda's Window chapter 5 . 2/6/2011
Oh. Wow. I'm intrigued. How brilliantly the cliché is subverted! Looking forward to the next instalment.
iDestiny chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
No, I did not see that coming either! Wow! I love the twist :)

I cannot wait for more!
mustangwoman chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
WOW! I did NOT see that coming! What the heck happened? Great chapter! I'm eager to read more! Thanks for the update!
mustangwoman chapter 4 . 1/29/2011
Beautifully written chapter; wonderfully descriptive. Thank you for the update. I'm eager to read more and see where you take this story. ;-)
Darkened Eternity chapter 4 . 1/29/2011
Mm. Absolutely beautiful descriptions, it's so rare seeing them used so superbly. It really accentuates Sherlock's thought progresses and the rhythm of the journey. Wish I could write half as well as you can :) The chaos in his surroundings is aammazing! I feel like I am there experiencing it all.

Please continue :)