Reviews for Swallowing Pride and Breaking Prejudice
CourtneyCS chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
Good story so far cant wait to read more
Panda.193 chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
Heya :) i really like this story, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. In answering to your question as to whether skipping perspectives was confusing, i don't think it was. I found it easy to read and my mind automatically adjusted to the change of character. Also, i agree with you that it would seem wrong to call Lizzy 'Elizabeth' and not 'Miss Bennet' when in Mr Darcy's point of view. This is mainly because it was acustomed to the time period to call ladies 'Miss ...' until they had formed a close aquaintance, or until the lady allowed the gentleman to do so. Not only that but as you said in this chapter that Darcy had trouble remembering Lizzy's name it's doubtful that he would call her by her first name for fear of getting it wrong. So, yes, after that long rant :P i agree with you about the name, and don't find the change in perspective confusing. Can't wait for the next chapter :) x
YepItsMe chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
I didnt find it confusing at all and I loved this: "who , after all, would care to marry a woman with a crooked bonnet?" LOL Im so glad Darcy couldnt see her crooked bonnet when he saw her walking thru the fields [which seems very romantic to me...the first glimpse, even though he doesnt know her yet]. It seems Georgiana is already making progress with her shyness, by offering to sit with Mary, a total stranger, so Darcy could dance if he chose to. Of course, anyones preferable to hanging out with Caroline! Cant wait to read more!
Gennyxoxo chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
Great idea for an alternate plot. Can't wait to read more and hope that you update quickly so I can.
lynniern chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
So glad I found this story. I like the fact that having Georgiana at the assembly with Darcy changes his attitude and he doesn't make the snarky tolerable comment. I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationship will progress and will Lizzy continue to think Darcy is interested in Jane? Looking forward to more.
lindablanche chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
Very Creative, the way you used the comment. Elizabeth would naturally be happy that Darcy fancys her sister. Wait till she get the surprise. I like the interaction between Elizabeth and Georgiana. The writing was not confusing at all. Well done. Can't wait for more.
Beat-Skip chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
oh i like this, and i agree that darcy would call her or as jane is the rightful holder of the tidal of
hagadoe chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
oh seront ils amoureux bien plus tôt avec georgiana les mensonges de wickam ne marcherons pas et darcy n'est pas cosidré commer fier par tout le monde y ompris mme bennet !

j'adore !

désolé de pas écrire en anglais mais tu n'y comprendrais rien ! je suis vraiment mauvaise !
Avanell chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
That was fun! Dissing the Cow...following his sister...and Miss Bennett ;)
tcdavis chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
This is really wonderful work so far, and I was thrilled to see that you'd posted chapter 2 so quickly-will you post a chapter each day (pretty please)? Even if you don't, I will continue to read with pleasure. Thanks again!
MAB35 chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
Lovely! I liked Elizabeth's interaction with Georgiana and Darcy's reaction to her.
emmas212 chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
absolutely love it can't wait for more!
Artemis Acorn chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
I really like your premise. The introduction of Georgiana into the early part of the story must change the dynamic dramatically! You're off to a fantastic start, and I'm looking forward to finding out where you go with this. - AA
acelticdream chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
You're off to a great start - can't wait to read more!

As for "name calling" as it were ... stick with what is proper for each person. Mr. Darcy would always refer to Elizabeth as Miss Elizabeth ... even in his own thoughts. Jane is Miss Bennett since she is the eldest female child. Just as Georgiana would be Miss Darcy.

Jane refers to her as Lizzy, same as Charlotte and Mr. Bennett. Everyone else (family-wise) refers to her as Elizabeth. This is the standard from the original story if I remember rightly.

I hope I understood your original question rightly and have given the answer(s) you needed.

However, I didn't read any awkwardness in how you bounced around between the character's perspective. You're doing just fine!
Gamax chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
Great story start! You can make Darcy call her Miss Elizabeth as she is the second unmarried sister and not the eldest unmarried Bennet sister, as Jane has the honor of being called Ms. Bennet. I think that as Darcy falls in love, he will most likely call her anything he wants in endearments. Good luck to you and I'm really enjoying this story!
288 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 Next »