Reviews for Make You Smile
kimmy4eytj chapter 5 . 2/2/2012
Everett Young - he's my absolute favorite character. I totally think your Telford tidbit was spot on. Emily was an interesting take on that part of his life that we were hardly exposed. It's interesting to see how different authors create all these characters back stories.

Funny thing about horror films - Louis Ferreira who played Col Young has been in quite a number of them as well as television horror series.

As to TJ, I like your supposition on why Everett was attracted to her in the first place. It speaks to a loneliness regarding his relationship with Emily.

I like that you see her strength and he realizes she's a kind caring person. I see you trying to bring out his anger about Varro seemingly usurping his position with TJ. She did smile at him even to the end of the series. And they were together on Novus, even having more children.

Overall, a good set of tidbits.
kimmy4eytj chapter 4 . 2/2/2012
Lisa Park - an intriguing character. I loved the heels, rain and the trashy mags , Greer is so sweet in butterflies. Lisa as the girlie-girl of the crew, probably true.
kimmy4eytj chapter 3 . 2/2/2012
Camile Wray - such a complex person. Compassionate, artistic, sentimental. That must have been a real nightmare inducer for Camile to be disengaged from the stones and see all the blood on her hands. As an artist, color would be very important to Camile. I'm glad you picked up on that. Nice mention of the "chair". I bet she did miss it.
kimmy4eytj chapter 2 . 2/2/2012
Dale Volker - he's turned out to be one of my favorite characters. OK, all the characters on SGU I like, some I love, but Dale kind of holds a special place. While Eli was "everyman" Dale was the guy trying to do his job as best he can, sometimes overwhelmed with the importance or workload, and always trying to help his friends. Always the friend never the lover. Although, I truly think him, Lisa and Greer make an interesting relationship, kidneys and all.

Really liked Stars, Trumpet and Comic Books. They all seemed so Dale. Nice.
kimmy4eytj chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Vanessa James - a military brat. I liked the snow and poke tidbits the best. And I can see as a military person how clocks and reports coincide for Vanessa as order out of chaos. Interesting.
Shenandoah Risu chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
I enjoyed the last piece, even though personally I don't think TJ would ever treat YOung like that. They did end up together on Novus, after all, and even on the ship it was very obvious she still cared for him deeply, and yes, SMILED at him. Still, it was well written and followeed through with logic, and I can appreciate that. Thanks for sharing.
elaiel chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
Very nice. I enjoyed this and would happily read more if you ever extended it.
elaiel chapter 5 . 1/14/2012
Very nice. I enjoyed this and would happily read more if you ever extended it.
Shenandoah Risu chapter 4 . 5/26/2011
I loved Lisa's chapter, and I think all of of the points are completely within character. Somehow the one about the curtains struck me as particularly poignant. And Greer's gentlemanly ways - too precious. Thanks for sharing!
Idunnowhy chapter 4 . 5/25/2011
Aw :) I love this, I really do. And I really, really, really can't wait to see Young. There were days when it seemed like NOTHING could make that man smile. In fact, how often did we actually GET a real smile out of him in season 2?
Shenandoah Risu chapter 2 . 4/7/2011
I happen to adore Volker - it was nice seeing a story about him. Thanks for sharing.
R2R chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Volker's chapter is very good. Nice writing!

Please write more. :)
i'llbeyourbrucelee chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Great idea, great story, I'm a huge fan.
Shenandoah Risu chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
I really enjoyed this list. For some reason the one with the clocks grabbed me the most. It's those tiny little things we take for granted that are the hardest to let get. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the next ones. BTW, they do have a page at the LJ Comm sg1_five_things for non-prompt stories - there's nowhere near enough SGU stuff there, and you should consider posting this series there.