Reviews for The Lone Rose
raervt85 chapter 4 . 11/23/2017
Very well written and I like the plot. Although it is hard to believe that Katniss would so easily forget about Prim like she did or that Prim would so easily forgive Katniss for forgetting about her so much so that she wasn't even there to say bye to Prim.

I'm confused about the death count. You wrote that Peeta has 3, Prim 1, Clove 9, Cato 11...that adds up to 24. Not to mention Marvel killed Rue and Glimmer, and it's mentioned that Glimmer has at least one kill plus Thresh was killed by the fire. That would add to 32 total tributes.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/12/2016
I felt there should had been little resentment towards katniss from prim not because she didn't volunteer mainly because she was basically so easy abandon her family with gale which would kill them all(starve) even with out prim being chosen. The idea of running away gale's not say it should destroy their relationship but there should have some conflict because what happened at the very least. I guess really I expected some angry response between prim,katniss, and gale because k&g decision to run without real thought.
Fenris Jin chapter 4 . 6/17/2015
I like how the Games ended. With Mellark being able to send Prim home.

Although admittedly, I wish there were more feels for Prim and Peeta. But I think the ending should kill all Galeniss future too. It's only appropriate anyway. xD
ma3a1ynbr0u6h chapter 4 . 2/25/2014
This story was amazing! You're such a good writer!
Gurgle chapter 4 . 12/25/2013
Aww peeta! *cries in a corner* such a wonderful story... I, especially liked the ending quote, it's so...Peeta. I hope you get more views and reviews in the future because this is truly wonderful!
Reena123 chapter 4 . 10/5/2012
Tears in my eyes! Love this story so much!
Avidreader chapter 4 . 8/18/2012
Wow! Peeta's selflessness brought tears to my eyes. You have nailed his character down perfectly! I can imagine him doing just this if Prim had been chosen for the Games.
shieldmaiden19 chapter 4 . 7/15/2012
Oh :'(

Normally, I hate Hunger Games AUs because so often they depart from the characters, but this one captured Peeta perfectly. Well done.
SomeWillFall chapter 4 . 5/25/2012
Wow...I'm literally crying right now.:(
Fandals chapter 4 . 4/11/2012
Oh. Oh, this was sad. Incredibly well written, but sad.
Art Is The Weapon chapter 4 . 4/5/2012
I liked that you choose to tell it from Katniss's POV since she has kind of an omniscient position with regard to the Games. I liked the reason Katniss didn't volunteer (that she left with Gale which I would believe since she didn't think Prim's name would be drawn anyway) and I liked the actual playing of the games but I have just a few nit picky things. One being - why did Peeta kill the boy from 4? It just seemed a little random and a tad ooc and two - what happened to Foxface? Given she got to the final four in THG. Or did I accidentally overlook what happened to her?

It was good though, enjoyed reading it.
rubiesandrain chapter 4 . 2/25/2012
THIS IS THE MOST TRAGIC, SADDEST THING EVER. He gives up his life for his "Rosie" and sends her back to Katniss, his love. This made me cry. So hard. Super awesome job!
XxTaintedxDaggerxX chapter 4 . 2/20/2012
So sadly bitter sweet...
Ivory Kestrel chapter 4 . 11/23/2011
This was a really great story, I absolutely loved it!

It was well written and I liked how you put in Katniss's point of view.

I kept waiting an announcement with Prim and Peeta, then I had to remember that they weren't star-crossed lovers and only 1 could go home.

It was a sweet, but sad story.

I hope you get more reviews, you deserve them!
cloud cult chapter 4 . 1/25/2011
This story was so sad! But I really enjoyed reading it, and your take on it! It was so sad that Peeta died at the end though, he was always my favorite, but I think it ended best like that.

Anyway, I can't wait to read more of your stories (do you have any more? I need to check...)

Ta!