Reviews for As Little Might Be Thought
Friendly Feanorian chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
My apoligies for getting your name wrong in an earlier comment, Deborah. :-)
asdfjkl chapter 6 . 3/8/2009
i like this ending.

well done.

keep writing!
chisscientist chapter 6 . 6/16/2008
Thank you for the notes for canon nitpickers. They are most enlightening. I believe in one of the Annals (HoME)Tolkien describes Elrond and Elros as both being born about three years before Sirion was taken. However, given Tolkien's fondness for changing his mind...
Arala chapter 3 . 5/16/2005
Love the story! My goodness, this is WAY awesome! But I do have a comment for chapter 3. Actually, it WAS stated in Tolkien's writings that Elrond and Elros were twins...

"The Peringiul, the Half-elven, were born of Elwing wife of Eärendel, while Eärendel was at sea, the twin brethren Elrond and Elros." (The Lost Road, The Later Annals of Beleriand)

And like Elladan and Elrohir, it is generally assumed that Elladan is elder, I find, simply because his name always comes first when the two are mentioned. Well, I have read up quite a bit on Elrond and Elros, and I find that their names are periodically switched from "Elrond and Elros" to "Elros and Elrond". So really, it could be either way in terms of who is older and who is younger.

But in any case, I still love the story! Very original plot and very wonderful characters! Keep up the good work!
RavenLady chapter 6 . 4/4/2005
*sticks neck out tenatively*

I've been noticing certain fics I read ages ago and didn't get around to reviewing. Here goes a useless review, but this made me cry several times, and the more I read the more profound I find it. I'm so glad to see a nice long fic dealing with "the strangest love to be found anywhere in Middle-earth" as you said somewhere in the notes. So true.
Nessa Ar-Feiniel chapter 2 . 2/9/2004
I thought they were twins
I suspose is makes more sence for your story
wellduh chapter 6 . 1/21/2004
Awesome, especially last chapter. Maglor's choice. Maedhros always was a fascinating character to me, but I never gave so much thought to Maglor.
Nethien chapter 6 . 10/13/2003
I loved it! I am going to check out your other stories!

Mellon
Nethien chapter 2 . 10/13/2003
wow, this is wonderfully written. You have me hooked!

Mellon
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Nice! Someone recommended this to me and I'm soo glad found it. I'm really enjoying this so far.

Did I get the 100th review?

Shiromori chapter 6 . 1/12/2003
After reading the Silmarillion, I felt deeply sorry for Maglor. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I always wondered how the son of Feanor and the sons of Earendil could come to love each other. Reading your Maglor, I understand. You characterized him wonderfully. And yes, "Dante's Prayer" made me think of him, too.
Gabrielle Lawson chapter 6 . 8/12/2002
Another good story in this series. You almost had me feeling sympathy for the son of Feanor. Maglor, of course. Not quite though. I still don't like those Feanorians! Kinslayers! But it's interesting that Maedhros was the milder one at the beginning and then he became the harsher of the last two in the end.
Adrienne chapter 6 . 8/3/2002
So many people hollowed and destroyed by lust for the Silmarils: the vacant and mentally unbalanced Elwing, neglecting her children in order to cultivate her inherited pain; it seems to me that the moment when she refused Maglor and jumped to her ostensible death was something that she'd spent her entire life after the sack of Menegroth planning for- longing for, even. The culmination of her existence. Maedhros, a bitter shell, completely consumed by his- madness? grief? (and now, for a bit of phychoanalysis) You stated that he was, indeed, the same Maedhros who appeared in "what flesh remembers", and I shuddered at what he had become, but, really Maedhros hadn't changed that much: Feanor, I suspect, although he certainly would not have done so on purpose, raised Maedhros to be the Son of Feanor rather than a being of his own, and once Maedhros could no longer exist for his father, he existed for his love for Fingon- and when Fingon died, Maedhros had nothing to live for but the Silmarils, and turned into a creature utterly of his Oath. And of course Maglor, needy and needed at once, with his peculiar brand of obsessive madness that was at the same time an immense and pure love for the two boys. His two boys. Maglor's yearning to be a father to his children and Elrond's unremitting pain made me cry. Elros' growing up such a very normal boy, unscathed by what I imagine were the horrors of his early home life (which Elrond got the full brunt of) hurt dully the entire way through, and the "son of Earendil, son of Maglor, youngest of the House of Feanor" line was a visceral shock, like, as everyone has already said, a kick to the stomach, or like running head-on into a pole while playing tag. What I /am/ interested in is the nature of your Silmarils- in another fic in this series, someone refers to them as /precious/, and it gave me shivers. Although they're supposed to be hallowed and supremely pure, they seem to inspire lust and grasping obsession wherever they go- just like the One Ring. People don't want to appreciate them, they want to /possess/ them. I guess that fits with the way they were made: Feanor created the Silmarils in order to hold the light of the trees, to possess it. Regardless of all the wars fought over them, there's something odd about the way the Silmarils decide on innocence: I'm almost surprised that Maglor's touch darkened them, while they thrived in the ownership of Elwing, whose hurt of her children and ignoring of the plight of her people was not something that I think should be ignored. Maybe it was because Elwing's sins were those of inaction rather than action? Still...

argh. This story was beautiful. (and, hurray. bananas in middle-earth!)
SylvrGypsy chapter 6 . 7/21/2002
Wow! This story was great, truly. You do 'dark' admirably well. ;)

The relationship between Elros/Elrond and Maglor is something I've been wondering about... I'm relatively new to the Tolkien scene, and haven't been able to get any clear answers as to exactly what kind of relationship the three shared, what with Maglor kind of being a 'bad guy' and basically abducting the twins and all (yes, I know I said twins, just because I was under the impression that Elrond and Elros indeed were. But hey, still love your story, regardless. ;)

Anyway, I know fan-fiction isn't 'official' by any means, but it's still great to gather insight from fellow fans. Nice to have other readers' perspectives to reflect off of... So, thanks for shedding some light on the subject!

Also, I specifically enjoyed your portrayal of Elrond as being a somewhat troubled little Elf, at least in the beginning. Poor guy! Lost both his parents, missed rescue by his King by were days, watched his home burn to the ground and stood by helpless as his brother began calling the person who brought it all about 'father'. Woe be to young Elrond!

In closing, everyone also seemed well in character throughout the story, which is always a giant plus. I plan on reading your other stories directly.

Thanks again - Cheers!
ErraticPerfectionist chapter 6 . 6/8/2002
Another Loreena McKennitt fan? She has beautiful songs, doesn't she? I've often thought of adding one to one of my LotR fanfics, but just never have.

A brilliant story. You write very well. _