Reviews for Somewhat Unattainable
Riddle chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Great job! Love the way you did this, do I wish here was more... YES! But this was still a great story loved it 3
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
I never thought I would ship this pairing. And this is such a short piece-I didn't think it would change my mind!

. . . Well, it did. Good job!
Panda chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
This was wonderful. Completely in character, and I've always thought Mattie had a bit of a schoolgirl crush on him. Remember her face when she said 'you display great poise'? Yeah, that right there. There's such a lack of fics focusing on Rooster and Mattie's relationship - well, there aren't that many True Grit fics of any flavour, such a shame - so I'm so pleased to see it done so well.

Write more! Pretty please?
girlsix chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
This is excellent. You captured both voices perfectly. I always thought that Mattie and Rooster had better chemistry than she and LeBeouf, in spite of their age difference-though in those times, it would not be unusual for a girl of 14 to marry a man in his 50s. The end of the original movie implied a possible future relationship. There was no doubt that they loved each other and I could see a romance growing out of that bond.

Thanks for this. Please write more Mattie/Rooster!
samus18 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I agree with what the other person said - there aren't enough of these pairings, and you really did handle it tactfully. Seems like it'd be easy for most writers either to go overboard or miss it entirely, but in my opinion, you nailed it exactly where it ought to be. :) Bravo - thanks so much for sharing this story.
Mrs. Optimus Prime chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Such a cute story. I loved it! Great job on this, I loved their chemistry you put into it. They were definately in character all the way through.
ruth chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
i liked that story , there's not enough of this paring and you handeled it tactfully .
GothLoli chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
I've just watched this movie the other day and I immediately grew fond of this pairing. I applaud you for how well written this is and how sweet it ended up being. I felt poor Mattieā€™s embarrassment myself, really. Good work.

-GothLoli.
Vaako chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Wow really well written! I really liked Mattie in this, good job!
Milly-chan.going.nyappy chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
i like this very much.

Sarah chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
PLEASE more Mattie/Rooster, everybody's pairing her with the ranger, and this is my favorite ship lately. I'd write it myself if I was any good, but I'm desperate for more of this pairing to show up.
Metalfan616 chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
That was beautifully written, I love the dialogue between them and the final line was amazing. I only watched true grit yesterday and have been searching for more writing including Rooster and this was perfect! I'd love to read more True Grit stories from you
Captain Nny chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
This made my day and I Thank you for that. I loved it, I don't really ship them but I guess I prefer them to Mattie/LaBeouf and besides Jeff Bridges just totally does it for me in this movie. Fav'd!
Evie chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
I hope you don't mind that I did fanart for this

JeanieBeanie33 chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
More of a Mattie/Labeouf fan, but this is excellent. Loved it!