Reviews for Tangible Memories
wenduo chapter 1 . 2/16
Aww very sweet one. I really wonder how much influence the mortals got on him in the end. I guess very much when he lived with them for so long. A bit funny and sweet how easy Gimli made the choose. Because in the emd he do really have a good point. I haven't read many of the kind of fanfictions. But i could think the hardest death for Legolas must have been Aragorn or/and Gimli. Also the unfair fact of that Elves gets reborn but don't mortals?
Elfwine chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
I should have reviewed for this once it was posted. This is an excellent piece observing their friendship and I like the inner turmoil to.
Roseblue14 chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Gimli is such a good friend to Legolas! I think they keep the other in balance, like your story showed. I really liked it! thanks for the good read:)
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Short, but sweet.

I like it and it seems likely, now that you mention it. I have never thought of it before, but it does seem logical to me that Legolas would keep some things as a memory.
Ne'ith5 chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
What a beautifully written little gem of a tale, it shows just how torn Legolas is to leave behind any thing of his friends at all. And it shows Gimili's wisdom he knows the best thing sometimes is to have memories when nothing else is left.; you can touch or see something and what you've lost will be there in vivid detail.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
This is such a beautiful, touching story and is a really enjoyable read. Everything is so bittersweet. It's funny how things can carry so much value because of memories connected to them even if they aren't worth much or seem significant. These treasures are what Legolas can hold on to and remember his friends with now that they are gone; they are what he has left of them.

This is so amazing and Gimli and Legolas are spot on. This story is amazing.
Thundera Tiger chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Gyah! I can't believe I'm only now sending off a review! Please forgive me. It was not my intention to let this story lie so long without chiming in. Bad, Thundera. Bad!

Anyway, I love this little snapshot of a piece. I loved it when it was still in beta, and I love the changes you've created for the final story. I especially like the addition of the second italic thoughts. Just like that camera drawing back to reveal more and more of the setting, Legolas's thoughts keep drawing back from a focus on mortals to a focus on the fates themselves.

Then, of course, there's Gimli. Wonderful, reliable Gimli who steps in to offer the only real solution Legolas could stomach at this point. The interesting thing is that it isn't truly a solution at all but more of a delay. A strategy to put off the final separation until later. I think it's much like Gimli going to the Undying Lands. In addition to being one of the most poignant things written about their friendship, it's a stalling tactic. A defiance of the inevitable. I've always ascribed a large portion of that defiance to Legolas, but this story demonstrates how much Gimli understands the need to delay and supports it himself.

As always, NiRi, beautifully written!
Emberike chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Beautiful piece!
Tamuril2 chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Awwww, *eyes start to tear unwillingly* it's so Gimli and Legolas! I love the friendship those two had...and probably still have. You displayed them so well.

I liked how Legolas had all those 'treasures' from his life with mortals. It sounds exactly like something he would do. And Gimli's advice also sounds exactly like him too. Great job!

Thanks for the new story. You're so good to us. Here, a bunch of vertual cookies for you. *hands over vertual cookies* Oh, and I am so favoriting this.

~Tamuril2
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
*bawling* So..emotional:'(

~Beautiful piece of work! Brava!
veryselfishjean chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
I don't think you made it very clear from this piece whether Legolas had already decided to take Gimli with him, or if he had only reached that conclusion after Gimli's words.

It would have been nice to learn a bit more about the items in Legolas' discard pile and the memories which they invoked. You raised my curiosity concerning the little horse, Legolas seemed so very reluctant to leave it on that small pile, but then failed to provide an explanation for his feelings.

It's always nice to see a new post from you though, thank you
s4yo chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
You do the whole Legolas and Gimli friendship so well. I can't imagine a more wonderful and well rounded one-shot for the two than this. Spectacular job yet again; always a pleasure to read.
Angelus.m23 chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Truly touching. It was very much in-character and a joy to read! I love your writing style, and the story itself was very beautiful. Legolas and Gimli are my favorite characters, and I always enjoy reading/hearing about them. Great job! :)