Reviews for Dearest Hermione
Brian1972 chapter 3 . 7/10
So first of all if Hermione would be punished for her suicide so would be Harry. Either it is a sin or not.

This story builds upon a typical extremly one sided interpretation of their sixth year at Hogwarts.

1. Harry NEVER showed any interest in Hermione but at several point torwards other girls (Cho, Ginny, etc.). So lets assume Hermione would now go and jeapordize those relationships on prupose wouldn't she be seen as the bad/evil one then? So Hermione is only showing respect for Harry's feelings here and trying to move on.
2. The potion book. Just get it into your head that Hermione is right using the book is a) dangerous (Harry has no way of knowing if the changes are safe or not) and b) cheating, since Harry is giving the image that work actually done by someone else was his own (also called plagiarism). If the book was in the liberary and anyone could use it just Harry was the only one who have found the reference it would be different.
3. It wasn't only the book. Hermione had the right to be miffed about the stunt with the bezoar during the antidote session (would Draco have used this in a lesson with Snape as teacher Harry would have been the first to comment on the unfair favorutism).
4. Lets not forget the general attitude Harry was sporting in that year like curseing Slytherins just because of their house, the dirty trick with the flexis and Ron playing Quidditch, etc..
5. The whole Ron/Lavender sittuation. How should she react if the boy who just sayed yes to a date at the Slug Club, begins snogging a different girl the next day? Be happy for him? And like usual Harry couldn't be brothered to confort her or anything that would bring him into hot waters with Ron. Makes one wonder, if he would ever have forgiven Hermione any of the stuff Ron did.
6. The letter during the holidays issue. Do you assume it is easy to just circumvent Dumbledore's wishes in this regard? Dobby was able to block Harry's comunication without even being ordered too (for a goal that was going against his masters wishes). Dumbledore has a whole staff of houseelfs and is allowed to use his own magic unlike Hermione during those holidays.

I could go on but those should cover the most important points. I can agree that Hermione behaved far from ideal that year but so did Harry. One could even conclude that he was deliberatly antoganazing Hermione.

But leaving her 30 silver in such a public way (to make sure everyone knows he considers her a traitor on the level of Judas) and then claiming he wished her to be happy means he is either so stupid one has to wonder how he managed to speak or it is a lie!

For once I would love to read a fair asessment of those stuff. But its either total Hermione bashing, or total Harry bashing, or there has to be some overcomplicated plot hindering Hermione (compulsion charms an whatnot). Why didn't Hermione just point out that Harry couldn't possibly for her to be happy given his actions and then tell Lily to leave her be (since what she is telling her is obviously a lie or just a screwed version of the facts meant to make her feel guilty/bad).
at-nightfall chapter 17 . 6/29
This being in the UK, the goblins should hand Harry an Eurocheque card. Of course, goblins being goblins they might give him the credit card because of the higher fee.
at-nightfall chapter 14 . 6/29
Can Ron and Luna keep up with Fleur and Viktor for the ball?
They are 14 and 13. Can Fleur and Viktor handle someone three or four years younger for the ball? Are they mature enough for that?
That is the reason I would prefer to put Fleur and Viktor with each other for the ball (not as a couple), and maybe leave both Ron and Luna out of the ball. And Ron at that age is far to immature to go with Luna.
at-nightfall chapter 5 . 6/29
Why not try to pair Krum and Fleur for the ball? After the first task they should be able to respect each other.
Waaaayyyyy too much bloody dialogue
Worldmaker chapter 1 . 6/15
Badly written, badly conceived. Overdone dialogue. Silly concept in the first place. Bad story overall.
YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 25 . 5/9
An outstanding story.

I enjoyed it tremendously and will be looking into your other work.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

Best regards,

SteveC.
YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 14 . 5/8
Again, I realize that the story has been completed but I think a Harry with a bit less of a,"Oh don't worry about bothering me, I'll just go off here and try to keep below the radar. Please forgive me for breathing..."

And while not a bully in any degree would also let those who would taunt his friends or himself learn the very valuable lesson: Every choice you make, EACH AND EVERY ONE has consequences. Good choices good, Bad choices BAD consequences.
YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 11 . 5/8
While I realize that you've completed this story some time ago I was thinking about calculus earlier today (I shuddered at the time...) and vagley remembered noting something from my college years concerning integral tables of a particular exponential form: to whit: The integral form for e to the x dx is to e to the x.

While it's been decades since I even thought I remembered/understood what the authors were trying to say it always stuck me as unique that you could integrate that function with no change.

This is what not very successful geeks end up reading HP fan fiction while "remembering" little oddities of math.

SteveC.
Vegasman59 chapter 25 . 4/16
Lots of fun, but what happened to the Grangers at the Tri-Wiz?
Deathmvp chapter 25 . 4/11
Great story and thank you for writing it.
crvenashkorpija chapter 14 . 3/20
Kind of "Godfather"Harry? "Time to talk to the matrasses..."
MaximusNightshade8 chapter 15 . 2/13
WOAH, McGONAGALL! They aren't moving that fast!
Cool chapter
daithi4377 chapter 25 . 1/21
Beautifully story...loved the epilogue and the snake den prank was perfect. I was wondering what became of the potion duo. And what about the Death eaters and was Draco ever able to produce children lol?
daithi4377 chapter 24 . 1/21
Well that was a creative way to end Voldemort. Though it does answer the horcrux question...how did Voldemort not die in 1981?