Reviews for Dick Tracy: Puttin' on the Ritz
phantomsluva chapter 14 . 1/29/2011
Fabulous story Bee!

The whole story reads as a love letter to a period of time, language and fashion you clearly adore and your enthusiasm is infectious. I adore your commitment to the time period, the dialogue feels delightfully natural, not at all the over-written mess I've seen in other fan fictions.

At the end of this chapter all I'm hoping is that our Ella gets away okay and that Flat-top unloads a tommy gun into Freddy's lap or maybe throw in a mind-fuck and have Mr J and Harley join in (I think my brain would cave in due to awesomeness). Especially as a victim of rape, I'm always delighted at how you write rape and the aftermath of rape or attempted rape. I remember you wrote a fantastic POTC fic (that I can't remember the name of my apologies) after Evie gets raped and how she numbs herself for weeks rang so true for me. Been there and done that. Sorry for the downer note there but I really wanted to let you know that you're doing a fantastic job and to keep up the good work :)
Chandell Groves chapter 14 . 1/29/2011
Where the hell is Flattop when you need him most! Lovely chapter here, you amaze me every time with how easily you make your words flow. And I thought Freddy just may have been a more horribly grotesque person than I had originally thought, turns out to be true, such a creeper...

Hopefully someone comes to save the day! Poor Ella...

Amazing job, it's such a great story thus far!
Chandell Groves chapter 13 . 1/25/2011
Of course she would have such a dream of dreamy paranoia provoking Flattop...ohh I love it...

Gimme more! You're such a lovely writer, I can't believe how well this comes to you. You should be so proud of yourself.
Mad Hatter Massacre chapter 12 . 1/24/2011
Oh, he's sly...all that courage and planning to pay him back, he returns it within the night.

Love it.
Chandell Groves chapter 12 . 1/24/2011
That money is just going to be an obnoxious knot isn't it? LOL Mumbles! I was wondering if you were going to use him or not and then I started to read mumbled words and laughed out loud so hard! He's a total doll, glad you used him. Great chapter, can't wait for another update!
Chandell Groves chapter 11 . 1/24/2011
I guess this just goes to show that Ella won't be persuaded to choose just anyone that comes a' callin'... Awesome job here, your dialogue is amazing and you really set the tone with it! Not many writers have such a great talent as yours.
Chandell Groves chapter 10 . 1/21/2011
Love love love how collected Flattop is and I laugh (though I try not to) at Ella's paranoia issue of him. I can only imagine how she must feel with a notorious and dangerous gangster at her side... All in all, your characterization is ideal to me. The dialogue flows so nicely as well as the rest of the story. In fact, it doesn't even feel like a read, it feels as though it's actually happening, like it's playing out right before my eyes. Amazing job! I won't pester you any longer for more updates haha, you update according to your schedule from now on! And once again, beautiful, beautiful work here.
Chandell Groves chapter 9 . 1/21/2011
I loved the dialogue here between Flattop and Ella, the tension between them is just superb and I don't think many can create that kind of effect. It takes a real mind to be able to play it off and you did so wonderfully. Congratulations at such a perfect chapter, literally on my toes for you to update again! I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd get this engrossed into this awesome story!
Chandell Groves chapter 8 . 1/20/2011
I liked this chapter a lot, shows how determined Ella really can be...though me thinks she does kinda have a faltering like towards Sir Flattop...even if she doesn't know it. Sound job! Can't wait for another update! Thanks for posting this one just for me :P
Chandell Groves chapter 7 . 1/19/2011
Absolutely love it!

I can't wait for you to post more chapters! Flattop is so suave I adore it haha! Great job! Loved every bit of it!
Chandell Groves chapter 5 . 1/19/2011
Well I immediately connected with the character when she had moved from California to Illinois and was having money issues. Right off the bat.

But all in all this story flows nicely and I can't wait to see more of Flattop because I am too such a fan of him.

Great work! OH! You did delightful work with Big Boy's dialogue...I don't think he's completely easy to write and you did a great job at it!

Keep up the great work!