Reviews for On The Surface
lovetheboys chapter 5 . 4/5
Wow what a fantastic fic as usuall the characterisation of both dean and sa was perfect and I really liked this line

Maybe Sam had been wrong. Maybe this life wouldn't take his brother. Maybe his brother was made for this life.
Your stories are the best! The perfect blend of suspense, action, angst, hurt, comfort, etc.
Cihuacoatl chapter 5 . 11/24/2013
I really enjoyed this! Dean was so whumped early on that I wasn't sure how you were going to get him to the end, but you did it! Very nice H/C, and a good OC. Love the early season setting too - some angst, but before it became all-angst-all-the-time ;-) Thanks for writing.
CrystalAlchemist chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
That was a wonderful ending to a wonderful story. I'm always impressed at how well you capture the boys' relationship-how much they rely on each other, how much they need each other. I agree, season two is probably my favorite despite how much I still love the show. Also I really liked Cooper, he was a great character. Well done!
Freya922 chapter 5 . 8/3/2013
This story kept me completely enthralled. The OCs, particularly Cooper and Colin, were vividly described and the plot was full of twists I didn't see coming. Jeez, you sure beat up the boys and had me wringing my hands over their desperate state. I loved the final chapter especially as you really delved into the boys' relationship. The passage below blew me away:

The warrior who put himself between Sam and the darkness, the man who'd stood up to every nightmare, the brother who'd willingly stayed behind when Sam thought he would be taken over by a demonic virus, all variations had appeared that night as the fever burned down Dean's walls, exposing him.

Sam had never loved his brother more.

Killed me. Fantastic job.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
You are so good at setting up the drama and ramping up the tension. I loved the boys' heart-to-heart in the Impala, too, especially the fact that Sam asked about the 'dad's an ass' comment. There's always so much the show never gets to explore.
Nadamalki chapter 5 . 7/13/2013
Thought I could keep myself away from your stories till I recovered from "Weapon and the Wound", but it was a Saturday, and I know I've got a crazy week ahead of me at work, so couldn't help but pamper myself with more of your goodness!

Awesome story as always, the scenes of Dean waiting in the car then searching for Sam were perfectly captured, and woha the physical pain he went through was pretty intense, you really put him through the wringer in this one.

The night's still young! I think there's room for more story before I hit the hay! Catch you on the flip side!
luanee chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I thot dean popped his shoulder? Why no mention of it suddenly?
shookenuppepsi chapter 5 . 4/19/2013
Wow, this story was awesome on top of awesome. The hurt you put the boys through and the comfort to draw them back, your original characters with motivations and personalities of their own, your tie into the series between the two episodes. Very well done. I especially liked how Cooper's search for faith ties into the next episode you mentioned, with the ghost/angel priest dude and the Winchesters' belief or lack thereof in a higher power.

Seriously, this was perfect. Thank you so much for writing.
-Jade
Katie Elise chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Outsiders reference makes this the best :)
Lindelas chapter 5 . 1/1/2013
I loved this. your characterizations are spot on, and I love that even though you put the boys through the ringer, they always come out on the other side together.

And I REALLY love how you incorporate music into the stories. Its a really nice touch that echos the show itself. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Sam/Jared has a less than perfect singing voice. I wondered if i was the only one who noticed. its perfect how you slid that in there in such a touching way. :)

Also, that line about Baby possibly being able to save the world... I think I choked up a bit. Talk about perfect foreshadowing!
Hartanna chapter 5 . 11/3/2012
Never have I ever read such an amazing Supernatural fanfic.
Disasteriffic Kaz chapter 5 . 8/21/2012
This was absolutely wonderful and gripping from beginning to end! I loved this! Your characterizations are spot on, you have the boys' banter down which I loved. :D Cooper was a fantastic character as well! His grudging and fearful acceptance of the way the world really is was just wonderful to read and at the end as a true believer...I didn't want him to leave. lol

Personally, I have an unhealthy love of thumping Sam every chance I get. It's a sickness but I do love playing on the other side of the fence with a little Dean thumping if the story and the writer are good! In this case, Fan-freakin-tastic.

I felt something was off with Colin but Wallace was an awesome surprise. It never occurred to me he was dearly-departed as well until the last second. LOL Kudos for keeping me guessing! I loved it.

This story was just brilliant. Everything a good story should be. Thank you so much for this!
JaniceC678 chapter 5 . 8/19/2012
OMG! This whole story was awesome from start to finish! You are an amazing storyteller, and OBVIOUSLY have a magnificent grasp on what SN is all about and what us fans really love about it. Your stuff is better than most of the tie-in novels I've read! Seriously.

Got scared for a minute there with your note at the end. PLEASE don't stop writing this stuff - yes, totally selfish, I know, but there it is! I did go back and look at your list, so I know the amazing Wake Up and Fight came after, so I know there's hope for more longer stories.

Besides loving all the action and beat-up Winchester's and the angst with the guys, your secondary characters are always so real and believable and likeable and that always strengthens a story, too. Cooper was wonderful!
(Can't help wondering, with all his insistence on pointing out how he always just focused on the FACTS of his son's disappearance, if there was something that didn't fit with his ideas about "facts" that he brushed aside or buried - maybe something SN took his son. He's got to be thinking about that now. Hmm...)

It's also always fun when a story set in an early season is written in the present - so many little hints and foreshadowing of things to come can creep in there!
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
AWESOME start to this one. Of course, you had me totally and completely hooked from "submerged town," LOL. I've heard of that and ALWAYS been fascinated by the idea of an entire town laying at the bottom of a lake. So eerie. Great subject!

And I love the followup to Nightshifter and the angst and fear of being being caught all piling up on the guys, and then, of course, the snowstorm and the crash - LOVIN' it! (And, obviously, even in the middle of nowhere, you just KNOW they're not going to be able to just lay low and lick their wounds for a while, LOL! Sam's right...this stuff does have an uncanny knack for finding them!

And one of those AMAZING lines that just needs to be commented on:

"What do we do now?" Sam asked, his voice losing years as it slipped between the tracks of music and finding a home in Dean's heart.

OMG...awesome line!