Reviews for Songs from Different Times
Guest chapter 3 . 10/28/2015
Instead of this depressing phsycotic claptrap. This description of the wonderful life Bella has made for everyone. How about a story where JAKE gets a HEA WITHOUT Bella. where Bell gets to mourn HER lost chances and her sick choices. A story where Bella has to live her existence in a hellish nightmare and Jake lives contented that he is rid of the Bella engine of hate. Bella didnt even love Edward she just wanted to run away from life. She has no courage, and she sure doesnt know love not with that pale reanimated abusive corpse she used to escape living life on its own terms.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/23/2015
OMG That was so sad. ...I know She would follow
Jane chapter 5 . 2/4/2015
Oh, so sad. Tragic lives wasted. I always wondered why SM chose to have Jake imprint on Ness. Even if they had eventually had a romantic relationship (eeeew), Jake still had to leave his family, his tribe, his whole life. The Quileute Magic would NOT have chosen Ness for him.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
This well written but I have a terribly hard time seeing this character as Jake. He just was not the person that was going to throw his life away ofr the imprint or destry his life over Bellas selfishness and diseased soul. Bella was weak like that. Jake wasnt
corkykellems chapter 5 . 11/18/2014
OMG...Crying here...So sad
Jane chapter 5 . 8/15/2014
Yep, made me cry. Great story. Such a tragedy.
Jane chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
Wow, great story beginning. I always wondered why on earth SM had Jacob imprint on Renesmee, thus necessitating he leave his home, family, friends, tribe and heritage, to roam with his enemies. So wrong. Your story says it so well. I can't wait to see where this goes.
I began reading this on a recommendation in another story. That writer said how she cried reading this. I hope I'm not in for a tearful night!
Guest chapter 3 . 5/3/2014
You are inaccurate. Jacob is doing NOTHING but lie to nessie. He is miserable . He doesnt want to be with her. Thats all he does is lie.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
I just dont see Jake as this weak. Being pathetic was Bella's thing. Jake always showed a pretty unusual inner strength for his age. I just dont really see the character in this story. SM's pathetic attempt at Jakes pedophile Happy forever notwithstanding, Jake never even remotely wanted immortality. Your plot also makes very little sense on many levels. If Jake could fight the imprint enough to deny nessie a physical relationship (when that should be impossible if its what nessie wants) he should be able to break it completely. Jake undoubtedly loved Bella deeply, but I just thought the idea of him not only staying around Bella when she turns into his mortal enemy but lives with the sprklers is the height of absurdity
withlovej chapter 5 . 11/19/2013
I know I'm late. But this was… perfect. It killed me to keep reading, but I had to. I don't actually have words. Usually, I do but now? I literally don't know how to describe what I feel right now. This was a flawless story, yet everything about it was flawed. Jacob and Bella's tension, Seth's imprint and leaving even, Renesmee and Jacob, Jake and Bells turning into Jacob and Bella—it was a flawlessly tragic ending. That's all I think Ican say whether it makes sense or not. I loved this. It was beautiful and my heart stopped beating when Jacob's did. Really well done.
PastOneonta chapter 5 . 9/23/2013
I cried and cried. I have no good thoughts.

Bella continued to be selfish. She made her choice, and to discuss her regret with Jacob was completely selfish. She already knew what she had done to him. She knew he couldn't leave Reneesmee.

He still felt like he had failed her. How had he failed her? He couldn't save her from herself. I believe he died fully at her hands, that he wasn't turned, he died, and as spontaneous an idea as it was he acted on it. He's gone, he's not in pain.

This story follows the original to a plausible conclusion. It's an excellent story, thought provoking and well written. It reminds us of our choices too. And right now I am choosing the world of fanfiction where Jake and Bella are together and happy and human and with Pack and human babies and...you have written those stories too and they are all excellent.
PastOneonta chapter 4 . 9/23/2013
I was in tears at their first sight of the red house. I agree with Jake, Bella doesn't get to have regret. She made a choice, more than once choosing Edward, death and eternity as a vampire. More than once! To be a stranger to Embry was sad, though I know friends can go their separate ways. In Jake's case, in the Pack's case no one would have gone separate ways, they would have been Pack forever. But for Bella and the imprint they would have been Pack forever.
PastOneonta chapter 3 . 9/23/2013
Billy spent the last years of his life without contact from his son. His son, future Chief and Alpha and beautiful loving soul whose only flaw was to love Bella Swan. Now Bella Cullen. This is so hard. But at the same time this is a plausible outcome following the imprint on Reneesmee.
PastOneonta chapter 2 . 9/23/2013
But he did fight for her until her heart stopped beating and then he wound up in the net. Now Reneesmee has called him back and he has to go. His memories, his hope, his heart, it is all lost. He doesn't belong with this family or this girl. Leah stayed with him and instead of companionship there is more sadness. She is lost too.
PastOneonta chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
The loss of Jacob and the life that could have been, should have been is painful. But this could be the natural conclusion. Reading on..