Reviews for Koumyou Said There'd Be Days Like This
stitcher2ficcer chapter 6 . 2/27/2011
I've been very slow to get to this because this winter has been way too busy and free time has been in short supply... but I was very pleasantly surprised to see the alerts for this new work from you last month, especially since I had just talked with my daughter over New Years weekend about rereading/rewatching Saiyuki sometime this winter or spring. After a few years away from reading or writing it, I've had a craving recently to rediscover it.

And this is, of course, quite enjoyable crack. I don't think I enjoyed it quite as much as I remember loving "Hir Wicked Style;" but the ongoing mystery of what in the gods is going on with Hakkai, Gojyo's and Sanzo's speculation on Hakkai being entirely stoned, and Sanzo's casual shooting of first Hakkai (twice!) and then Gojyo-only to have Hakkai triumphantly spoil his satisfaction and dreamy pleasure in the end, all offer plenty to smile over.

I'm looking forward to reading "Pay it Forward" later this week.
Pom Rania chapter 6 . 2/15/2011
Pleasantly-smiling!evil!Hakkai is the best.
Pom Rania chapter 4 . 2/15/2011
LOL LOL LOL

"As Koumyou Sanzo's disciple, he knew stoned when he saw it, and Hakkai was _wrecked_."

I nearly lost it reading that line, and it's night here and someone's trying to sleep in the other room.

Also: ragweed. LOLLERSKATES
mimi chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
i loved it cant wait to read more eeeekkk XD
Ryxl chapter 6 . 2/6/2011
...well, chapter three makes sense now! And I remember why I don't watch Reload. *shoots some pandas*
Me-Nuriko chapter 6 . 2/4/2011
Hahaha. Well, even if Sanzo wasn't really possessed, I still wonder what made him dream like that. He must have been smoking that weed he thought of in his dream.

Poor Sanzo, he is so confused when it comes to his... let's call them traveling partners. He never shot Goku, though, in the dream. Hmm. I would say that is implied 39 and not only 58 as you said in your warning.

Yay for your Hakkai. I guess we both like him a little "not-so-nice" at times. _
Me-Nuriko chapter 5 . 2/4/2011
Sorry, for not reading and reviewing before. I didn't want to read it until I had time to write a more or less proper review, and when I finally found the time, you had already posted the last chapter. ;

I have not read the last chapter yet, because I wanted to reivew this first.

When it comes to things being underdone (chapter 4) it might as well be me being slow on the uptake. _

So, chapter 5. Now, Hakkai thinks Sanzo smells good! And Gojyo is starting acting a little weird, too. Just a little, though.

And Goku! Pickles, big yellow bananas, drink the pickle juice, really big carrot... Sure, innocent, naive minor here._

Since, everyone is a little weird except Sanzo, is it possible that it's Sanzo that is the real crazy one? That it is he that is possessed or something along that line? Can you tell I love this confusion thing!

Seriously, I wonder what Sanzo would do and feel if he had to shoot Hakkai for real. Many stories are touching the subject of Sanzo having to shoot Goku, but I haven't read anyone that deals with the issue of having to shoot one of the others.
mimi chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
eeeekkkkk loved it cant wait to read more on what is wrong with hakkai
Ryxl chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
We now ignore the sharp left this story took into Seriousville for the following image:

"...what it really looked like he wanted to eat was Hakkai's ear. Slowly. Buttered."

I absolutely adore this. Can we have more of it? Oh, and pandas. I demand pandas. :p
mimi chapter 4 . 1/30/2011
i loved it cant wait to see what happened to hakkai and to see if it was somehow connected to what he did in the pass or because of his orphange years that would be ccol cause nobody writes about hakkai and the orphanage he was raised in or how he got to be an orphan
mimi chapter 4 . 1/30/2011
omg loved it cant wait to see what happnded to hakkai and to seee if that all along that was the fake hakkai and to see who would do that to hakkai and to see how hakkai ends up and to see if it's one of the people that are after him again because of what he did in his passed
Ryxl chapter 4 . 1/29/2011
*looks at the last chapter* *looks at this chapter* *looks at the chapter before last* *flips back to this one*

...I'm so confused. ;_;
Me-Nuriko chapter 4 . 1/29/2011
Hello, a Swede here. _

A third kind of Hakkai! Are they the same? If not, are they all shikigamis or are someone (second one?) a real one. This third Hakkai was absolutely hilarious! I laughed and laughed.

But when Sanzo shot him nobody seemed to be upset. Huh? I mean not even before Gojyo understood it was a shikigami. And the second chapter's incident was not even mentioned. You are doing a good job in keeping me confused. And that is a good thing, of course._

I don't seem to be able to write a coherent review, my husband is sitting laughing in the bedroom and I have a hard time concentrate. _

I see what I can do about looking into Slayers. Unfortunately, as always, there is too little time and too much to do!
Sweetheart Ninja chapter 4 . 1/28/2011
"As Koumyou Sanzo's disciple, he knew stoned when he saw it"

Hahahahah!

Thank you so much for this story! I have it on my alerts and look forward to the rest!

You had me going there for a bit when he shot Hakkai - Good job!
Me-Nuriko chapter 3 . 1/28/2011
Oh... Oh!... Oh?

I expected Sanzo's throat to hurt when he woke up, if he ever did. (Well, I didn't really think you would let Hakkai kill Sanzo.) But it didn't.

And...

Hakkai seems still out of it, but in a whole other kind of way than before. Like he doesn't understand a word Sanzo is saying. So what has really happened? Confusion stays with me, but that is all good.

Your clues, yes. I love when the author can get the reader to interpret the clues and come to conclusions that are all wrong. That's Point to the author._

You are also right about the plan, Kanzeon would not let them finish this mission so easy.

Sorry, I can't help you bouncing ideas with your Slayers fic. I don't know anything at all about Slayers.

Thank you so very much for recommending my fics in your author's note. That is high praise, especially when it comes from such a good author as yourself. Thanks again.