Reviews for Goodbye Summer
lavanderbunny chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
AWWWW! So sweet. *blushing and inner-ly (sp?) fan-girl-ing (sp?) on how cute that was*
teacupz chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
such a fantastic read I've just had. I really like how well-written the story is and simply the whole atmosphere of the story. it's warm and fitting for goodbyes yet it don't feel that sad; just like how Kiki's goodbyes with everyone is supposed to be. her goodbyes are tied with promises to meet again someday; and you enveloped all those promises so beautifully within the words and the story. just simply good work on that, really. :')

a little critic would be how you wrote Kiki's cat as both 'Gigi' and 'Jiji'. I myself don't know the correct way to write his name, but using only one would at least create more consistency, in my opinion. also there were minor grammar mistakes at the last fourth sentence, which would probably be more grammatically correct if written as ["That'[d] be wonderful," ... she was surprise[d] her cheeks didn't split open], but that's just me being overly-detailed. feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! :D

apart from that, everything is just simply nice and at place. I like the flow of the story, I like Kiki's strong guard right from the beginning until the end; it makes the story more lively and less bittersweet, just the way Kiki would turn every situation into. I also love how you spot on Osono and her husband. they're so IC and I can simply imagine both of their faces and feel their emotions due to Kiki's parting. and the part where Kiki put her ribbon around Sasuke's wrist is just... golden. :')

and the parting between Kiki and Tombo couldn't be sweeter. the idea of writing letter and how clumsy Tombo is even after all those years. ahhh, you really can build up a good relation and interaction between the characters; and most of all, you keep everyone in character and that's just an amazing thing to be able to do, for me. great work, really! :)

overall, a nice story and a nice closing, too. this movie is a whole package of touching and heartwarming events folded inside Kiki's lightheartedness and the fact that you managed to recreate the atmosphere it had simply brought up a smile to my face. :) thanks for that and for writing this, basically. hope you can keep on writing good stuff like this!
DestinyIslands chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
It was very surprising to find such a lovely fanfic in a fandom doesn't have very many stories. Good job.

I really loved the emotion you brought to this scene, it really shows off the relationship Kiki had with these people and the huge impact she had.

There are a couple of things wrongs. First throughout most of the story you spell Jiji wrong. Also Tombo is spelled wrong and the cat Jiji has kittens with is Lily.
A chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
That chapter was very sad and heartfelt. I think this was absolutely perfect, except for the Kiki/Tombo, which I've never liked much. Still, it was rather good for a Kiki/Tombo pairing.
Oh, and Hey, James Birdsong! My sister G and I are reading and reviewing all the the Kiki fanfictions. Are you doing that too?
Anyway,This fanfic was very sweet and sad. :') I loved it!
G chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Wow...this is really good! LikeI've said before, I don't really like TomboxKiki but it's still sweet here :) I loved her goodbyes withOsono & family best though.
lilmisswriter17 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
That was really sweet! I loved it :)
Cubonefan112 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
THIS IS AMAZING I LOVE IT!
young dawn chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
This was very lovely and a nice close to Kiki's story. I was glad to see that you toubed upon all the different parts of her life in Koriko. Well done.

sora
Setsuna Hime chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
I think I cringed slightly when you changed Lily's name to Marie But all in all this story was sooo good! I teared up when Osono and her husband said their goodbyes and I got those warm fuzzies and did a little fangirl squeal when Kiki and Tomboe kissed and parted ways like that. Beautifully written and you did a wonderful job.
Hannah chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Actually, the cat's name is Lily. I think.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Good. Fantastic maybe
electric gurrl chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
That was adorable. It was well written and an interesting read. There were a few weirdly worded sentences, though I'm too tired right now to find an example (if you want one, just PM me). Nice work here. Actually favorited. _
Cemalidor chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Reads very nice. :) Kiki was always one of my fav animes, would like to read more of this!
OneManShow chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Totally cute! Loved it.
Gloxinia chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Very sweet, honey. Honestly, you should be extremely proud. I've had a homework free night so I decided to watch the movie, I'm caught up in all the friendship and beauty of the story so I decided to read some Kiki stories, and this is my first ever (I finished the movie not even 7 minutes ago.) Well done on such a cute fanfic, I really like it!