Reviews for These Long, Lonely Ten Years
trearoos chapter 2 . 3/18/2014
I noticed how old this thing is. Any chance you could PLEASE finish it? I want to see more of Sissel and Yomiel. It's fun reading those stories.
Kitty Purple chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
I finish Ghost Trick just yesterday, and I literally RUN for read some good fiction.

And I love yours D !

(I juste one question : Sissel cat is not a male ?)
Shic chapter 2 . 5/2/2011
Great fic! A bit cute and a bit sad :3 hope to see more soon
Cyberbanjo chapter 2 . 2/24/2011
I have NO idea why it took me so long to read this chapter. Sorry about that; I blame college. -_-;

Either way, I liked how this chapter dealt with a lot of the logical things that some fanfic authors might miss. For example, where Yomiel got money and how well he'd be able to control his body. In particular, I really liked the "walking" scene right at the start. I'm glad you're touching on the fact that he can't feel anything. Even though I've seen it as a plot point more than once, it's still hard for me to imagine how tough that'd be. I've already mentioned that before though, so I'll just stop that train of thought there before I end up repeating myself.

Oh, and speaking of how Yomiel's getting money, his whole "It had to be done" attitude seems rather Knight Templar-ish to me. Okay, it DID have to be done, but I can totally see it as foreshadowing of things to come. Okay, maaaybe I'm just looking too deeply because I already know how he ends up, haha.
Raven the Joker chapter 2 . 2/21/2011
I like the way you wrote Yomiel's adjustment to his dead body, and those little bits of him and Sissel are very adorable! Can't wait to see more of this
Guess who chapter 2 . 2/11/2011
One: Thanks for letting me know

Two: This was absolutely adorable

Three:Maybe Yomiel can create a program to inspire aspiring authors?
Firefury Amahira chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
Argh, I had a long blab written out but FFN ate it! Let's see what I can recover from memory.

Thanks for the credit, but all I did was bounce ideas around; you're the one that took idle musings and speculation and turned them into story plot points!

Normally the frequent scene shifts would annoy me and disrupt the flow of the narrative, however here they work really well giving the reader a series of snapshots of his un-life as he tries to adapt to what by rights should be a completely impossible situation; people angst enough about death and dying as it is, yet there are ways and methods of dealing with those. His situation is something nobody could predict, much less study and or provide counseling for.

I wonder though, as he learns the extent of his abilities and transitions from simply existing and fumbling around to making a plan and executing it, will we see fewer snapshots and a more unbroken narrative emerge to match his descent into madness?

Eagerly looking forward to the next chapter! :D
Guest chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
Aw, thanks for the credit; all I did was help bounce ideas around, you're the one that's done an awesome job of turning "Hey, if he can't really feel anything, walking could be a problem!" into actual plot elements.

Normally I would find the frequent scene shifts to be annoying or disrupting the flow of the narrative, but the way you're working it here makes it seem like a series of snapshots into his un-life as he struggles to adapt with what by rights ought to be a completely impossible situation. People angst about death and dying enough as it is, and here he is in a death-related situation that no one could predict and certainly no one can offer support or any sort of counseling to help him cope with it.

I wonder though, as the years pass by and he really starts getting kinda crazy and making his plan, will there be fewer of these "snapshots" as he learns the extent of what he can do and goes from just existing to making and pursuing a plan?
SyberiaWinx chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
Yomiel!D : Good chapter.
Phanax Leminer chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
Thus far the story is on hold. Not much actions except for the experiments of Yomiel. However, I can say that I see a moral degeneration from Yomiel's moral and mind, it wouldn't surprised me if he snaps more than one time in the following chapters, but this is my only prediction.

I look forward to the rest of the story.

Continue,

Leminer.
Clemerl chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
Cool.
Phanax Leminer chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
So far, so good. Yomiel is quite affectious toward Sissel and that's a good thing.

I'll wait until the next chapter
SyberiaWinx chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Poor Yomiel.;-; I think you're really capturing what happened to him well, and how he must have felt.

But how come you refer to cat-Sissel as a girl?
Firefury Amahira chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
In short: I look forward to seeing where the story is gonna go. The ten year span in the timeline is an ideal target for fan exploration, and there's plenty of potential ways for it to be interpreted.

In length: having fun bouncing ideas around over on DevArt, and you can expect another lengthy note full of overthinking the game shortly! :D
KnickknackBox chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
I knew I was spelling his name wrong, but that isn't important right now. Good job on focusing on Yomiel and Sissel's relationship. I'll dedicate a story just for you. Just send it to me when you feel like it.