Reviews for The Ace of Spades
Guest chapter 2 . 3/17/2013
Unbelievable...my palms are sweating a bit!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Love this, suspenseful!
briaflowerchild chapter 5 . 1/11/2013
Twink423 chapter 5 . 1/1/2013
Glad the boys both finally got over everything to get to where they are now.
Twink423 chapter 3 . 1/1/2013
J sure does have Daddy issues! Yikes!
Twink423 chapter 2 . 1/1/2013
Pretty sure Edward will find out at some point what J was thinking. But will J or Bella tell him?
Twink423 chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Oh wow. I didn't see that twist coming. Excited to see how this turns out!
Lyo-Lyok chapter 5 . 11/24/2012
Brilliant. I thought all the way until the end of the first chapter that the narrator was Edward, and this was going to be some stupid little Edward gets the girl and still learns a lesson which Changes His Life Completely. Not so at all.
Your characterization of J is amazing. I read a lot of shallow crap, but it all goes through my brain and out. The stories which stay in my mind are the ones with complex, layered characters. So, well done. J's a twisted mess, but he gets mostly untangled and duct taped together in the end.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/3/2012
That was very well done! I absolutely love short stories with strong plots and characters and this truly was one of the best.
Funny you would ask who J was to us bc the whole time I could only picture Jasper, even though it was unpleasant viewing him in that light. Only when I read some reviews did it even occur to me that James and Jake could also have been the 'big brother'. I def see how James would fit the bill, he loves games, the chase, and possessing what others have...but, I'll stick w Jasper. I had the old country song by Kenny Rogers in my head, "you gotta know when to hold 'em..." Made me think of aTexan...plus Jasper is a soldier who is always strategizing, there was a ww reference from his father, plus he's always aligning his cards. J also does redeem himself in the end, and Edward finds reasons to admire him (something he never feels for James).

The story really works for me as Jasper bc he is a character I actually really like, and he was very unlikable here, so it created the right tension, an uncomfortable feeling.

What a mind fuck that father pulled on his boys, esp his poor older son. What a burden to bear...having to live up to a coward's expectation. I just wanted somebody to give him a hug, a real, visceral hug. I wanted him to feel understood, and to realize his actions were shitty, but he is not a piece of shit worth being left behind w a ridiculous set of cards to taunt him.

Thanks again for writing...wonderful job!
fay208 chapter 5 . 9/4/2012
i thought at first, it was edward in the first chapter. but it seem weird that the brother's character is more suited for someone like edward. so I thought it might be emmet.. but I cant imagine his character to be like in this story. but then when J came up, yup, might be jasper. but somewhere in the last chapter, I thought it might be james. well, he is much suited for this story. oh how I love/envy sibling love T_T especially between brothers. blood is thicker than water, I know. I have a sister that kinda make my life sucks but in the end all of that dont matter at all, she still is my 'bloody' sister. *LOL pun intended*
Rachel Garber chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
This was a wonderful story, I've read it a couple of times, loved the way things turned out, Edward truly was the better man.
Mylla L chapter 5 . 6/25/2012
Hi, okay?

I am a Brazilian reader and as my English is terrible, I am appealing to the help of Google Translate, so please ignore the grotesque mistakes and try to focus only on what I'm trying to say kkkk

I really enjoyed your story, it was something very heavy emotionally and with a narrator quite complex and confusing, but it only contributed to a great story that holds the reading. Edward really is the ace of spades as he is better qo J in several aspects, especially when it comes to forgiveness. Bella never deceived me right from the start I realized that she was not interested in J and that this impression that she was playing something, he never even mentioned to her, his head was distorted.

Congratulations on the story, she is amazing and wonderful. See you in next story, kisses.
Anonny chapter 5 . 5/27/2012
Wow, what a fantastic story. I really liked the different point of view you gave. I, probably like everyone else thought the POV was edwards, and even by the end of the story, we still don't know who it could be .. Jasper or Jake. Anyway, i really enjoyed this story! what a nice change from what i usually read
laurazuleta18 chapter 5 . 4/14/2012
I absolutely loved this!

Amazing!

J... Jacob. I think. Is it?

Loved it!
excuse.my.muse chapter 5 . 4/13/2012
Fantastic story! I was completely caught off gaurd when I realized that the story was being told from J's perspective. I'm assuming that J is for James, though it could easily be for Jasper as well. It's rare for a story to have such deep and captivating plot line within such few chapters, but yours did. This is definitely one of my favourite stories from this fandom!
552 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »