Reviews for Sifting Through Ashes
Guest chapter 2 . 6/28/2012
I rarely cry reading fanfiction, but I was in tears by the end of this one. I think you understand Nerdanel, as a mother, and a loving one at that, very well, and the way you bring that across is very, very beautiful, tender, and wrenching all at the same time, seeing what befell the Seven. I also love your characterizations of those said Seven as children.
I look forward to any updates.
Fortune Zyne chapter 2 . 3/17/2012
Poor Nerdanel she lost her whole family.
sitara-asha chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
Ahh...the sweetness of this chapter. Really marvelous, dear writer. Nerdanel's memories of her family seem to be bittersweet, as in each of them we can already see imprinted the mark of destiny (as in Macalaurë singing quietly to the stream, Carnistir's fierce loyalty that would bring about his death someday or Ambarussa the youngest mother-name) but I cannot detect despair. At least for now. The story is rather quick-paced so I believe we'd arrive soon to the more unpleasant part.

I so much enjoy to see the sweet little family things, Fëanáro acting like a doting father and caring husband. A rare thing to see in this fandom. I mean, everyone knows where the events are heading to but it wasn't always this way. Your story comes to balance the general view on the House of the Dispossessed and that's why I like it so much.

Sorry for rambling. It's just that I'm more used to fight and argue when it comes to Fëanáro and his sons than to sit back and enjoy.

Eager for more,

Sitara
sitara-asha chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Hmm...I like it. I like it very much. You certainly have a way with words, they seem to flow so very smoothly and effortlessly from your pen. This is the mark of a true writer, in my opinion. I also appreciated the drabble you wrote for this fandom and your HP story.

You've caught young Fëanáro spot-on, in my opinion. And this is coming from one called many times a "rabid" fan of said Noldorin High Prince, so, again, congratulations.

Sitara
Crimson Cupcake chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Awww! It's so cute and sweet - But it's really sad when you consider how everything turned out and what Feanor became. (I'm really not sure if insane is the right word OTL) It's really cute, though! I squeal for them xD (The only thing a fangirl is able to do xD)