Reviews for I Saw You
Mrs. Anthony DiNardo chapter 1 . 4/14
That was so good! I'm legitimately tearing up! :')
Marc Vun Kannon chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Tears to the eyes. Happy tears.
retropanda37 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Just lovely, and so beautifully written! My heart aches for them. That moment where she says it was just the three of them-her, her daughter, and the ache where he was supposed to be-that part killed me. Thanks for this backstory on Kathleen-I always wished they had explored her a little more on the show. Thank you!
rphe chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
wow! beautifully written, but frighteningly real and heart-breakingly sad. I actually thought the show would have to address Kathleen & Casey's relationship once Casey started being a part of Alex's life, but maybe TPTB are right to leave it as it is and this story can fill in the gaps.
vandevere chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
So sad...

You've depeicted Kathleen's emotions perfectly, the anguish over the years, and the love between daughter and mother.

Poor John...

I don't think he had given much thought to what the cost of his sacrifice would be. Now, he's beginning to realize how much was lost, and *HIS* grief is also a palpable thing...

Well done!

antivol chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
That was sad. But, great, anyway, very realistic. Beautiful writing. Thank you for sharing!
P.J. Murphy chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Wonderful story. Not a lot of fics deal with Kathleen's feelings about losing Alex Coburn. The letter was great, and Alex catching a glimpse of her father while keeping her mother away was especially poignant.

Your usual excellent job. Awesome.
Kimmy chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Really well written emotional stuff. Great imagery too. Hopefully one day they do get back together when the 'old man' retires, and she'll forgive him for taking so long. Or maybe it's better this way...

Love Alex looking out for both of them.
Shadowda chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Wow excellent story, the imagery was stunning, and tears they did fall. It is nice to see a Cassey fic, of the one he left behind. Thank you for writing this.
HardToScare211 chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
aw that was so sweet! Absolutely divine. Way to indirectly peel back the layers of Casey. Really, so well done. Lovely writing and just all around lovely to read. Four stars! :)
Basched chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
I am at! i'm lost for words to describe how beautiful and sad this is. You have written a very emotional piece of work, Kathleen thinking of her Alex, thinking she's seen him..but its so sad that she doesn't realise that it is Alex or Casey she's seeing.

The bit at the end..."the letter for dad" Casey taking it after Kathleen leaves...okay I got tears in my eyes now!

What I put in this review doesn't really come close to showing how much this effected me. You are extremely gifted to write such quality!

A definite favourite.
Night Lotus Blossom chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Oh, Brandy, I can't quite come up with the proper words right now to convey how incredibly beautiful and touching I found this. I was so moved. It made my heart ache for all of them, but especially Kathleen.

So many, including the writers of the show, have cast Kathleen aside. Thank you for giving her a chance to shine and for allowing us a small glimpse into her heart.

This was breathtaking!

lucky713 chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Very well done.

I have opes that Casey will at least face her and tell her the truth or she'll find out when she meets Morgan and Morgan lets something slip . Like saying he was more scared to meet her than he was when Alex's dad found out they were dating.
KuryakinGirl chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Had to post a review here, B.

This is a mesmerizing and beautiful piece. As much as my Jellie heart had hoped that it featured another dark-haired love interest... I think you've definitely hit as close to canon here as the powers that be will allow us to have for Casey.

I love the richness of the backstory as told through her haunting memories especially. And how sweet is it that Alex helps keep her father's secrets?

A lovely tale, thoughtfully told. My heart hurts for all three of them.