Reviews for Number Six
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 13 . 9/18/2016
Not too shabby, all things considered.
Granted, Minion being dissected like that so early on is a bit depressing, but considering the obvious limitations of him just being a fish at this point it’s hardly surprising that he would be dismissed so easily, and you certainly came up with a neat twist or two on that front.
The circumstances of Megamind’s escape worked well with his available material and our own knowledge of what he’s capable of – if he could create Minion’s original body when just at school, he could certainly do all that after being in a government lab and tested for several years- and you certainly explain how he ended up carrying out his ‘new’ crime sprees while remaining under the radar. Even Metroman’s new status made a certain sense, as without Megamind to provoke him into more public action he could easily have decided to remain more low-key and just be a hero because it was the right thing to do rather than because he was acting against Megamind as an extension of their childhood rivalry.
That said, I think some of the things Megamind went through were a bit extreme. A few of the earlier tests that were conducted on him made sense in terms of determining his abilities, but amputation for a first major offense felt a bit extreme for something that the scientists had already determined had a human-level intellect (Their treatment of Minion could be ‘excused’ by their doubts of his sentience, even if it was still cruel).
Even his subsequent interest in Roxanne felt a bit forced; I can appreciate that you wanted to be sure her opinion would have an impact on him, but I feel that you could have achieved that just by having him develop an admiration for her direct manner and honest nature helping him see that she was genuinely affected by the revelations of both what had been done to him and what he’d done/was planning to do in return.
Your final resolution for this part of the story was good, and I look forward to seeing what you have planned for later in this series, but certain areas could have been dialled down to make Six’s ‘guardians’ a bit less psychotic (detached is one thing, but twisted is something else).
Rose of Dusk chapter 13 . 8/11/2014
WOW! This was like... Just... Wow!

The concept was very interesting! With Megs going insane and all...

It made me think of something really cool to think off!
MegaFrost4 chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
OMG!

From the killing of Minion, to the ghost, the tortures he went through, his escape...just everything about this story tore my heart to shreds. How tragic! How awful! I cried...literally tears whelled up in my eyes throughout this whole story. I loved every word! Wow! Incredible story! This makes me love Megamind even more than I already do!
Vi-Violence chapter 13 . 12/31/2011
I feel sick, I hated it, but I give you kudo's for powerful writing.
Nera789 chapter 3 . 12/22/2011
GAAAHHHH CG.. SO MUCH ANGST I COULD PUKE. Ah, this is incredible! Finally got around to actually learning about Six's past, and especially after Tumblr, it really sparked my interest. SO MUCH THIS. Just how it all is set up and plays out is fantastic! Honestly, I love the idea of him being more of a specimen, it gives him more of a feel of actually being an alien. I've watched the movie and involved myself with so much of it I can't help but not think of him as an alien anymore, he's become so...natural for a lack of a better word. I don't look at him and think of spaceships and abductions, basically. XD Even though I am an alien obsessed freak...it's hard for me to look at him that way. haha

But man, I love the way you've gone about this. It gives him such a different feel and I love it! My eyes have been glued to my computer screen, and if it weren't for it being 3:00 am and having to get up semi early tommorow...I would probably read this until I pass out. XD (And I'd have to say...the headcanon part of me as I was reading this wants Vycter to just show up all pissed like the angry vengeful father he is, surprise the hell out of all the scientists and take his son away from it all...because I know some of what's going to come and I know it's going to break my heart. D:)

Love this so much. :D!
yuui888 chapter 9 . 12/16/2011
So Roxanne speaks with fish's, too, that's really cute :)

I love the fact that she begins to de-evil Megamind now already. And also his reason why he is attached for her.

Furthermore with this background of his, it is clear why he couldn't hurt Roxanne when she is at his mercy at kidnappings.

Everything fits with such a greatness, I'm really impressed of your writing skills.
yuui888 chapter 6 . 12/16/2011
At first I didn't want to review until I hadn't read everything, but the way he takes revenge here for the crimes done on him remind me of V as Vendetta - and I love that because it's just another little connection of the comic-world. Did you do this on purpose or is it just a wonderful fitting coincidence?

The story is great so far! I can't wait to go on reading. :D
dana chapter 13 . 12/8/2011
oh my god this was such an insanely good story. i feel like i just need to jump into the fanfiction world and hug megamind forever. GAH THIS IS JUST PERFECT OKAY
Sean Mulligan chapter 11 . 6/1/2011
I wonder why Wayne Scott is different in this universe. Did his parents hear rumors about what the military had done with the other alien baby?
Not-I chapter 13 . 5/6/2011
Well written and engaging... Ok that sounds stuffy... Great Story!
RestlessMe chapter 13 . 3/31/2011
Interesting story. There were a few things I didn't like about it, but quite a lot I did. I really like the beginning, and his escape (or rather escape attempt) and the way the scientists acted. At first I didn't like the killing of Minion or his metal legs, but you made it work in an interesting and believably crazy way. Ditto his extra powers, I thought I hated them but they grew on me and really melded well with his character (though I didn't care for the weird unexplained interaction with the other dead aliens).

I also really didn't like his quick turn around to good so much, it didn't seem natural. Nor his instant fascination with Roxanne for no apparent reason, or her kissing him out of pity. At times it felt like I'd read this story before, because it had some cliche parts and dialog, but overall it was enjoyable and the ending fit well.

But I did love the set up, extreme hurt and angst always gets me, Megamind's inner workings for the most part were quite fun, the Doom Syndicate were funny and again fit well with the story, and the big reveal in the final chapters which could have been extremely awkward luckily wasn't. It did seem a tad overplayed though.

And I love that this was an actual story! Overall quite an enjoyable read, thank you.
London Bai chapter 13 . 3/27/2011
I know I'm not the only one saying this, but this story is by far my most favorite and I've read quite a few like our other fellow FF authors.

The entire detail you've gone into to get the response from us, the readers, is purely amazing and unique and very original. At so many points, it felt as if I was reading a mixture of Batman, V for Vendetta, and your own blend of a marvelous plot. You make writers like myself pale in comparison to your amazing talent.

With all of this said, I congratulate you and your hard work. I do hope I see more of your work.
Vivid Imaginest chapter 13 . 3/20/2011
This was an extremely heart wrenching and enticing story. I cried all the way through the end. How someone could treat Megamind that is horrible, and while the story didn't have a happy ending per say, I enjoyed it very much. This is an amazing story and I do hope the next one (I think you have a sequel up, yes?) isn't quite as sad. Thank you very much for this heartfilled story.
nineteennintytwo chapter 13 . 3/18/2011
That was...such a sad story. You really had me crying with this one (and not many stories can do that to me, so great job!). I'm normally not a fan of stories where Megamind is taken by the government to be experimented on, but this is an AU story; the rules are a lot similar to our own as opposed to the kiddie-friendly ones in the actual film.

I would love to read more of this story :)
WandaCarla chapter 13 . 3/15/2011
Awesome story! So sad! I loved it.