Reviews for The In Between Years
I-I think I'm going to cry now because this is just so beautifully crafted and well written. God, thank you for this, and please do continue writing!
PastOneonta chapter 1 . 7/9
Wow. This was difficult. But it ends with hope. Very well written, like prose, in a passage of time. To write that Neal was grateful for moments of love and generosity after all he had lost and how he hurt was lovely. Thanks for the hope.
FelixMarome chapter 1 . 5/26
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
WaveAfterWave chapter 1 . 1/23
I love your style in this here, it is so poetic and moving. brilliant and deep.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/12/2015
I think I've read this about five times now.

Every once in a while I just get the urge to reading this art again... Even if it means spending fifteen minutes searching for it. That's how much I love reading this story.
peacelight24 chapter 1 . 9/8/2015
I share an interest in Neal's character. He's highly complex, and a very strange breed of anti-hero. In some ways he's worse than your average ruthless hero, because he actually is a criminal, and doesn't make any apologies for it. His talents also lie in the realm of manipulation and duplicitous behavior. I think this is worse because a violent man can only kill you. A con man can make one do things they don't want to, things they would never normally consider. I personally think the second is much scarier.

Neal is, quite intentionally, a very difficult character to understand. In some ways the show set us up to be Peter: trying to understand Neal from snippets of information and shadows of his behavior. Of course, we got to see much more than shadows of Neal, but that only lets us realize that he"s more of an enigma than anything else. This explanation you have-that he feels dirty inside and so covets an ivory facade outside-is one of the best I've seen. Good work.
Kas3y chapter 1 . 4/13/2015
Awww. This was amazing. Great job :D
SylverSpyder chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
This is painfully beautiful.
alex chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
so fucking good
gaiagrl22 chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
I'm in love with this piece! I love the tone...appropriately somber but with a glimmer of hope until the end when that hope is realized. I love the style of presenting small snapshots of moments throughout a life and you do it amazingly! I want more snapshots!

I usually find some kind of pet peeve (grammatical, cliches, etc.) in the stories I read here but I was so caught up in reading this that I don't now recall if there was anything I wish had been different.

I hope I haven't gushed and flattered too much. As soon as I send this I will be checking out any other pieces that you might have posted here.

Thank you for writing this!
Clara Brighet chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
That was beautiful. I'm trying not to cry.
Are you sure this was your first White Collar fanfic? Because your grip on the characters is way too good for that.
Your writing structure is excellent. Brilliant. Beautiful. The way you tied in the beginning to the end? Captured my heart. (Plus it's just really good writing). Everything in here wonderful. Absolutely the ONLY thing I can suggest for improvement is that you find the name of an artist to replace the * in the last section (where you're talking about stolen art).
When you broached unpleasant topics and scenes, you did so in a tasteful, skillful manner that left us with the feeling but not the grimy details. (Relevant word choice intended).
I for one had never seen Neal's neatness explained this way. I found it intriguing and captivating. Terrific job, thank you for writing! :D
- Clara Brighet
lilsammywinchester chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
love this :)
Oleander-Nyx chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
This was beautiful.
EchoRose480 chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
This was beautiful and insightful and heartbreaking. Nicely done. :)
charlie-becks chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
I love this story, you managed to capture Neals struggles perfectly! I would love to read a sequel where Peter learns more about what caused these traits in Neal, maybe helping him overcome his insecurities and need for cleanliness, I would really love to read more!