Reviews for To Die
MsMiniMerlin chapter 1 . 11/5
First time I really got into fanfiction when I read this a couple of months back, and have read tons since! I've been trying to find it again until I realized I could go back through my search history (don't know why it took me two months to figure that out...) so I can finally give this the praise that it deserves, I haven't been able to take my mind off it knowing I didn't leave a review for such an excellent fic! It may be short, but there's a lot packed into it in the little actions and foreshadowed feelings, it feels like a detective case figuring out what's going on, and the reveal at the end left me in shock, awe, and just pure amazement at how you managed to pull it off, I had no clue what was going on! Love this so much, and the characterization is so perfect it feels like I'm watching a whole new episode!
PurpleFlyingBird chapter 1 . 8/7
I absolutely love this story! I love how trusting Merlin was in Arthur and how Arthur could see it.

Yeah, it would have been cool if it happened in the show but it would be rather difficult to have a whole section from Merlin's blindfolded point of view...it's probably possible to have a small section like that but not whole scenes and the show is more from a 3rd person POV anyway. It's just one of the perks of writing, you can describe the character's other senses instead using words.

This was very enjoyable to read. Thanks for writing it! :D
Fai's smile chapter 1 . 7/17
That's very well written story. Too bad show Uther would declare Arthur enchanted the moment Arthur voiced his support of Merlin.
Nettle29 chapter 1 . 7/3
i kind of expected that arthur was just trying to make a point but you wrote the situation and merlins fear and conflicted feelings so well that it was still absolutely amazing!
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 1 . 12/10/2016
Nice twist on the reveal approach, and still just as interesting for the second perusal as it was the first time around. Excellent suspense and a good resoluation. Thank you for writing and posting!
Aviendha Aviendha Aviendha chapter 1 . 12/9/2016
Wow. This is really, really good.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/24/2016
No you could do it! I'm in a visual effects class and have an idea. For the blindfold part it is Merlins scarf which I believe you said was a red one. The audience can look through Merlins eyes and just see dark red with a little light shinning through the edges. The audience could hear Arthur's voice, cold and menacing. It would be the best way to convey the sense of hopelessness Merlin is feeling.
Happy chapter 1 . 4/2/2016
How is something this good even possible? When I was reading this, I could honestly feel my heart jumping in my chest. Suspense indeed.
MayorMayNotbeMe chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
Amazing, absolutely amazing! :)
AnotherWorld3111 chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
So there was this person who was actually looking for the story, posted a note and all that about this, and someone (thankfully) posted the title and author... But damn. Even though I knew what was going to happen, that didn't stop me from laughing outright in shock when Merlin went 'wait what?... What?' LOL!
Aquacoral14 chapter 1 . 6/12/2015
Wow. Great story, but you had me almost scared that Arthur would kill Merlin! Then the unexpected plot twist... wow. You have an excellent handle on plot and suspense with this story.
Obscured Angel chapter 1 . 6/1/2015
You had me figuratively sitting and the edge of my chair while reading this. I haven't felt such suspense in quite a while.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post this story, it's appreciated.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/9/2015
For a moment there I was worried for Melin. You really do know how to raise the tension. I was sitting on the edge of my seat, biting my nails pretty much the whole way through. And I had to read the part were Arthur released Merlin at least three times before it sank in. I think my heart nearly stopped at one point. This is probably one of the best stories out there in terms of relief (oh phew, Arthur isn't going to execute Merlin) and bromance.

PS:I think there migh be a typo fifth line from the bottom because it says 'the tea drained from Merlin's body'
Kimmy chapter 1 . 3/13/2015
Oh, well. I absolutely adore this fic, you know, it is one of my favourites, one of only two that I have stored in my chrome bookmarks.
But you know what I just realised - it could be adapted onto screen. And it could look good on the screen. With skillfull camera work, especially lots of zooms, some black screens in between, it would be very convincing, it would be absolutely captivating.
It only proves the brilliance of you idea in itself. For the power of this fic is for me nt just the mastery of the style and language that makes me shiver with anticipation and tansion even thugh I have read it countless times and know how it ends. Despite all this of course, the power of this fic for me, is the true of the feeling portrayed, the absolute trust, but no submission, the fear and rejection on Merlin's side, the refusal to accept death, to forgive Uther later then, and Uther's hopelessness, the power taken from him by his own son. Arthur showing the true King he has becom still as a Prince.
Brilliant. Ansolute masterpiece.
Brilliant. Absolute masterpiece.

(Also, I have written even a bigger and more appreciative review before, my nick: kimberlyboo3, but my phone eaten it after the word "well". Sorry for that. I couldn't edit it, because this page sucks and doesnt allow more than one review a fic.)
Jealous Jack chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
If I were Merlin, I would under stand that Arthur was showing his father that merlin was good, but I would be scared for life after going though that.