Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
DaSalvatore chapter 5 . 7/12
This honestly seems like a solid story that has the potential to develop into a great one. Sadly, I simply can't get past the fact that this is a Harry who has been dumped into an alt-universe with no aid at all. His entire canon experiences are essentially useless except for having some rough idea of people's personalities and with the Philosopher's Stone being stolen by Riddle, it's obvious that even most of his Horcrux information is going to be out of date/wrong.

Which just makes the entire idea of a war-winning Harry being sent into a different universe to do it all over again seem a bit...well, pointless, to be honest. The story could easily have started off with the "secret letter from the Potters" trope to get Harry into a position of freeing Sirius and had an Author's Note saying it was an AU world. As it stands, the thing that defines this Harry (adult in a child's body) isn't important at all.
Nicole chapter 26 . 7/8
God that is such an awful cliffhanger! I love this fic though, came from ao3 for the unpublished chapters. This story was a great expirience, and I lm thankful fir every letter you've written
Your Harry is about as subtle as his canon counterpart. Which is to say not at all.

One would think that a mentally adult dimensional traveler would have learned to keep his big mouth shut so as not to attract attention.
Herman in Slytherin? No. Just no.

Not unless the hat wants her murdered in her sleep.
Booooooooo chapter 1 . 6/10
it's so amazing. please please please update. you left us on the worse cliffhanger possible.
Maxennce chapter 26 . 6/9
Jesus what’s he going to do...
ChaoticVortex chapter 26 . 6/4
Pls pick this story back up
Tailturner chapter 2 . 5/31
His magic has become erratic and at the level of a child.

And he Apparates a bunch.

I'm calling BS.
Pygmy Hippo chapter 26 . 5/28
I love this! Wow just amazing! Kept me up all night!
tamarrion1 chapter 26 . 5/23
oh, its so cruel to end on a cliffhanger!
i really hope that someday you will find time and inspiration to continue this amazing story!
Amanda chapter 26 . 5/12
Nooooo, it's not finished. I got all invested in this story too.
VioletFever chapter 26 . 5/8
I don't usually post reviews, but this is just such a well-written and gripping story. I stayed up all night reading this and your other fic. I love how the characters are all so *real* and canon yet understandably not canon, if that makes sense(?). You've emulated and built upon JK Rowling exceedingly well. The transition between the two universes and the aftermath on Harry's behaviour is so well done. I love how Harry is more mysteriously rather than overtly powerful, and that he's neither feeble nor unbeatable. His errors, oversights and abilities have all been written wonderfully subtly and believably. In fact, everyone here has been a great complex character - I get so annoyed with a character one moment (e.g. Hermione with her hammer and SPELL before) and then my heart twists for them the next, and it's done in a very tasteful and natural way. I don't know how you do it. Please consider coming back and finishing this - you can't just do this to me! To all of us!
camp1500 chapter 26 . 5/6
very good so far, are you going to complete this story?
Great story, really wish you will continue it one day.
EverlastingRyo chapter 1 . 4/30
can someone help me find the fic that the writer based it in? I've been looking for it but I couldn't find it. has it been taken down?
3,950 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »