Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
Camro chapter 1 . 5/24
I love this story ! The way you portray the characters is really interesting. This is my favorite time travelalternate universe Harry Potter story so far
Please keep updating I am looking forward to your next chapter
Phailen chapter 1 . 5/23
I think this is the first story I've read where the 'explain the death and new life' intro has been interesting. Dobby's characterization was on point and using him as the one that explains the whole new life concept was refreshing. Great start!

-Phailen
fooplaya chapter 26 . 5/22
Great story, hope you'll come back to it soon
DrunkenPanda chapter 1 . 5/21
Amazing, could not stop rwading. I wish it was still going.
JasperK chapter 26 . 5/20
Wow this reads like rich chocolate. Glorious and magnificent and thick with intrigue. Love it!
Pieter250 chapter 26 . 5/18
Does Hermione realise she is going to start a war this way? I mean if she looks at the history of the wizarding world it is quite obvious that muggleborns are a dodgy subject. For muggleborns to band together and basically stop doing anything to integrate into the wizarding community... that is going to convince the people who are neutral to side with the death eaters.

I still don't get how Hermione was sorted into Slytherin in the first place. I understand that she is ambitious, but beyond that?! She acts as if learning is the most impartant thing in the world which is a Ravenclaw thing, even though she refuses to learn from the world itself. When she wants to realize her ambitions she uses a brute straightforward Gryffindorish approach. *Sigh*

I don't believe that the sorting hat would let someone go to a house they simply don't belong in. Harry was a person who is quite complex and who could do well in all houses. Hermione is sorted in Slytherin for one reason and one reason only and that is Harry.

I had really high hopes for this story because you give the wizarding community some distinctive culture and customs. But then Hermione came who reduced their civilization to:
WIZARDING WORLD MUGGLE WORLD MAGIC - COMMON SENSE
jiubantai-taichoCalmejaneJose chapter 10 . 4/29
I enjoy your story very much but I feel the need to ask about Orion's wand is it the old Holly 11' Phoenix feather core or perhaps a longer and different but still very powerful (Check if you don't believe me) 13' Cherry Dragon heart string core(This combination produces a very very powerful wand or perhaps this time since he is a pureblood maybe a 13' 1/2 elm( There is a belief that only purebloods can produce magic from an elm wand) and they however, when rightfully paired can produce the most elegant magic or maybe since he is a most ambitious and skilled man destined for greatness a 13' Yew with a Phoenix feather core (NOT Voldemort's brother wand but still a Phoenix feather core)
Katt chapter 10 . 4/23
Must confess. Fanfic has made me hate Hermione and so every time she shows her overbearing self I try not to turn away immediately. But now she's in Slytherin. Hermione Granger in Slytherin. I can almost imagine how this is gonna go. Yeah, I'm out
Akira Shinaichi chapter 1 . 4/19
I am definitely a fan! I really appreciate how you've been moving the plot along and maintaining the realism of the characterswhich can be hard with Harry doing things over again. His flaws make for a much more believable story while adding the right amount of tension. My only frustration is Hermione. Harry used the foreign country analogy with her and told her about family specific affiliations and yet she's still so disrespectful in her approach to muggleborn rights. I want her to fight for them, but in a less abrasive way. then again, she's 12-13, so maybe I'm hoping for too much
Oddballzebra chapter 23 . 4/9
His new wand sounds boring.
Oddballzebra chapter 24 . 4/9
How can Hermione be so smart yet so stupid?
Oddballzebra chapter 16 . 4/9
He's actually a 21 year old man in an 11 year old's body. Not 20, since he's been there a year now.
Oddballzebra chapter 11 . 4/9
I don't understand why people get so butt hurt over what the new professor is saying. It's not like he's wrong. Muggles are the biggest threat to wizards.
Oddballzebra chapter 10 . 4/9
What wand does he have? Is it the birch wand, the holly wand or a new wand?
Oddballzebra chapter 6 . 4/8
You forgot about Godric's Hollow when mentioning wizard only villages.
3,816 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »