Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 11 . 18h
Hmmmm
These characters have really advanced vocabulary and sentencing for 11 year olds. hahaha

Dang, Footswitch is a prick. xP

Interesting. I wonder if they'll grow up to be politicians or something... :P
twinbuster2 chapter 24 . 5/29
I find your story absolutely enthralling! It's extremely addictive and I hope you update soon!
Maybe the one thing I disagree with, is the portrayal of Hermione. I understand why the Purebloods were offended with Hermione's statements, and to a certain extent she was wrong. But in your universe, well even in JKR's, the isolation of wizardkind due to the Statue of Secrecy has led to extensive xenophobia. Harry is right, in that educating Muggleborns might bridge the gaps the Muggleborns face from Purebloods, but that won't remove the fear and hatred that purebloods have. It makes sense that Hermione will stick to what hasn't yet discriminated against her, aka Muggles. It seems like you're preaching assimilation, whereas the problem is disrespect and fear of different cultures. Really, tolerance and respect is what is needed and what JKR tried to depict. Maybe compulsory classes of Muggle Studies for Purebloods and Wizard History for Muggleborns? But, of course, this is your story and you have the freedom to express what you like.
Anyways, kudos to a story extremely well written. It's not often I sit and analyze a story from ffnet.
LittleNK chapter 24 . 5/28
Love it, please update soon :D
BlueCaesar chapter 24 . 5/28
This is a fantastic explanation of the magical world in Harry Potter. The politics and reasoning behind pureblood supremacy is solid and your characters are near perfection, each with their own personalities and flaws. It all makes for a great read and I hope you continue (I'm just waiting for Orion and Hermione to come to a head on the muggleborn issue)!
superwriter1234 chapter 24 . 5/27
This actually kind of awesome!
My God! She hopes that she'd be able to convince Orion to let her look at his FAMILY LIBRARY? They're criticising wizarding culture. I REALLY REALLY DISLIKE THIS OVERBEARING NARROW-MINDED I-KNOW-BEST ARROGANT TACTLESS... CREATURE!
Why is Harry putting up with Hermione'a attitude?
I dislike Hermione. Shoving HER opinions down others' throats, tactless.
Hermione is one of the prime example of what purebloods dislike and they're sorta right. She's tactless, thinks knowledge exists just to be written in words and refuses to adjust to the wizarding worls, expecting the wizarding world to change according to her definition of right. But otherwise ok. I like the story.
brightsidetolife chapter 24 . 5/25
Finally finished reading after two days! Loved it and can't wait for more! Please!
Gioia chapter 24 . 5/23
Thank you so very much for the update! Poor Hermione. Ironically, she seems to have learned more tact and less brash, headstrong behavior as a Gryffindor. (Which totally makes sense, given the two vastly different lives and experiences.). Each of the points in their Declaration is going to cause huge protests.

I was glad to finally see Harry's supposed uncle Aubrey and Voldemort through Harry's Assessor eyes. The way the former Death Eaters have sucked up to him, in spite of the Tom Riddle rumors is distressing. Any chance Harry could publicize the full meaning of the two anagrams?

I wish Dumbledore could be confronted with the way Frank Longbottom is as awful to Neville (if not much worse) as those muggles were to Aria a. That Dumbledore is inadvertently behind Frank's behavior to some degree is driving me nuts.

Thanks again!
Xen84 chapter 19 . 5/21
Im assuming the first part of the chapter was Sirius's point of view, as you exclusively called Harry Orion and later switched back to calling him Harry? I personally disagree about the philosophers stone. As it is the pinacle of alchemy, and only one was ever created, I dont think that Gringotts waa actually the resting spot of the stone, I mean at least not the one in Diagon Alley. Flamel is/was French. The British ministry has no more claim to it than the British Goblin nation would. And we all know that there is a French ministry, and can likely assume that there existed a French banking system that would have had their own restrictions on the stone. And who is to say that Flamel even gave them the real stone. I wouldnt have. Flamel gave the stone to Dumbledore because he trusted him. I would just imagine it easier to pass the stone along through Gringotts when there is ample evidence that a Dark lord is actively searching for your magical immortality giving rock.
Gioia chapter 14 . 5/21
Can't recall if I've said this before, but for Harry's sake I do hope Dumbledore doesn't decide Orion might be the Chosen One. I can see ways that Orion's supposed history could be interpreted that way. For the sake of my entertainment, I must admit it would amuse me if Dumbledore did go that route, just to see him banging his head against a wall of Blacks who won't be as obliging and malleable as even an amiable Dumbledore might wish.
Gammily chapter 24 . 5/19
I can feel Hermione stirring up trouble. So excited to find this again and see it hasn't been abandoned! Love this fic so much!
BestUsernameEver54321 chapter 24 . 5/19
oooh ol' Tommy boy is trying to recruit poor Harry...again. This story is so amazingly written and plotted I'm surprised JK hasn't read it!
3,118 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »