Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
Eagle-Eyes chapter 26 . 10/19
Great story

Looking forward to the next update

Keep writing as life allows
Time313 chapter 26 . 10/12
Next chapter, Sirius is seriously poor.
enjoysullivan chapter 13 . 10/6
Another thought-provoking chapter! I really like the way you've explored muggle/wizard relations, especially the dialogue that shows how muggleborns assuming muggle and wizarding cultures should be the same causes offense among the purebloods. I like how these issues of discrimination within the broader magical community keep cropping up in unexpected places, such as within the Weasley family. Also, it's funny (but also believable because Harry's older) when Harry keeps out-smarting/out-talking people like the Weasley twins out of the Marauder's map. Keep up the good work!
enjoysullivan chapter 11 . 10/6
Hi cosette-aimee! I'm glad I found your fanfic - I've been enjoying the alternate look at the wizarding world and especially what it might be like to be in Slytherin house. The portrait gossip chain really amused me in this chapter. As for Footswitch's lecture on Muggles, I thought the reactions to the lesson and resulting discussion were realistic and logical. However, if he managed to accomplish this much in the first lesson, I'm not sure where he'd go next - in general I expect the first lesson to be an overview rather than specific discussions and conclusions. I'll keep reading to find out! Keep up the good work!
Okay, so I found your story yesterday and have eben intrigued by it. I do like it and I hole you will update it, even though I suppose that‘s not gonna happen.
Sure, there are some plot holes as others have pointed out, but I think you‘ve created a believable universe. I do not like Hermione one bit and find myself to be fond of Draco and the Black family. Also. I believe this story would not have a happy ending. While reading I had the feeling of danger looming over this story which made me feel unease. Maybe you could post a chapter explaining what was going to happen and how it was going to end if you don‘t want/can‘t update. I would be very interested in the ending.

I‘ve read some comments and can‘t believe how harsh and rude some of them are! I‘d like to see you write a coherent fanfiction of HP without missing details or creating plot holes! If you don‘t have anything nice to say or are not Abel to write a better fanfic, please shut your mouth and go hate elsewhere!
Spidersauce chapter 18 . 9/25
My god. Insult Lily, get fucked. Snape's a bit of a badass
Spidersauce chapter 13 . 9/25
The way you write this shows Harry as only defending Hermione's side because of his relationship with the OTHER Hermione, when this one is plain wrong and being quite rude. And he doesn't seem to notice it.
Quacked Lurker chapter 6 . 9/20
Magical Inheritances -
neat idea.
Can fit canon, or simply be something that is SPECIFIC to this Alternate-Reality. Doesn't matter now, does it if what Sirius is telling Orion/Harry about Bloodline-specific gifts and abilities was true in Harry's old world or not.
Same as his shrugging the new-found understanding/difference aside - no way to go back to check, even of there was anything in his 'old' world worth returning to.

Do like how you've turned the "Wizards are behind the times" idea up on its head.
Seeing as the lifespan for wizards (in general) is two or three times longer than muggles, it makes a sad sort of sense that they aren't as well "developed" in the technology aspect ... course, they have magic to make life "easier," and "time-saving-devices" which is what the machines were originally intended to do - and them being separate means ideas tend not to cross cultural boundaries either.

Magic is its own culture.
Sort of obvious in hindsight, seeing as they have HISTORY classes.
Redb4Black chapter 20 . 9/11
So... Lily theoretically invented Wolfsbane? So I'm guessing Damocles didn't hm... I'm missing something lol.
AncientOak chapter 26 . 9/5
I just found this story, and it’s brilliant! I know it’s probably a vain hope, but if you’re ever able to update again your readers would welcome it with open arms! Either way, thanks for writing
saindhavi chapter 26 . 9/1
I still can't fully understand your motives for this story
Honestly I dont get how she got into Slytherin, ravenclaw yes, Slytherin not really
Inferius57 chapter 26 . 8/19
This is a marvelous story so far, a lot of realistic scenarios as to how dictators can come to power through the lack of morality, personal interests instead of national interest and generally just being "sheeple" being led to the slaughter.
I'll add this epic to my Zombie proof vault and story alerts to see what happens next.

]-)
DawnScarlet19610 chapter 26 . 8/18
love it! please update
Looking out there chapter 26 . 8/8
Is this story permanently on hiatus?
3,973 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »