Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
Taly-chan chapter 22 . 7/9/2013
Ouch. And just after he made me laugh with that cremating comment. Very apropos. It was a good chapter. Sad, but very, very good.
Morpheme chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Jesus tap dancing Christ. This story went from relatively light grayish on the idealism-cynicism scale to wayyy darker. My question: why did Arcturus die, by which I mean what were the meta reasons you had? Not a criticism, I'm just curious. Did he need to die for other necessary plot points to happen, or did he die for the sake for character development, or to set the tone for the next arc, or what? I'd be really interested to know. I was also wondering as I thought about that how much of the story is plotted out; I was guessing that at least some of it was since (while it did start out a tad slow) the pacing is pretty tight and you set up pretty well, but I wasn't sure since winging it seems to work for some authors. I'm curious as to your writing style I guess.

Also I wanted to commend you for exploring the whole "you can like someone without necessarily agreeing with them" thing; this is one of the few stories I've seen that has Harry being friends with people and liking family that have blood purist beliefs and not almost immediately or constantly attempting to change their mind. I also like the whole familial reconciliation- it makes a lot of sense in story, and outside the fourth wall I agree, that family is imporant even if you don't see eye to eye. Anyway, I'm enjoying this story a lot, thank you for posting it. :)
slytherintriumvirate chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
So sad! I almost cried. But still, excellent progress you're making!
Eliana34 chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Tu aurai du mettre "Drama" dans le "genre". Il leur arrive que des mauvaises choses, c'est à se demander pourquoi il est revenu vu que tout va mal.
charm13insomnia chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
wow dark
Ph34r n0 3V1L chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Good chapter and I understand that the plot demanded the death of Arcturus, but I was kind of hoping that this would be another of the very few fics that use a different solution to the potion problem other than drinking it. I can't remember the name, but there was one fic that used a conjured/transfigured animal to be the recipient of the potion. Or as canon shows, one could always go Tom's route and use a House Elf. I was slightly surprised that Arcturus didn't suggest it as he's always so caught up with the dignity of the House of Black.
faye50free chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
wow! Intense. But well worth the wait. Thanks.
LilyJames addict chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
! awesome
aCEMANIa chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
By the beard of Wizard Jesus! That was horrible!
V. L. Crawford chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Poor harry!
Tommy14 chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
This is so sad. I don't want Arcturus to be dead...Poor Melania , Sirius and Harry.
Kagehana.Tsukio chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
YES WE CAN GUESS OH MI GODS THIS WAS GONNA MAKE ME CRY HOLY HELL!
Thornado chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Oh man. I'm not a fan of Arcturus, but I did respect him and it's so sad to see him go. Great chapter though. Loved it!
yet again chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
: (
shirokuromokona chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
My god. This is by far the most intense and the saddest chapter yet. Is it weird that its my favorite? I feel so bad for Arcturus. When he died he had doubts of Orion and who he is. I feel like that was worse than just dieing. Not too mention that we literally just got even more emotionally attached when we confirmed his involvement in Sirius' quick release. Thanks for the chapter.
3,699 | « Prev Page 1 .. 94 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 114 .. Last Next »