Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
heya-gurl chapter 18 . 9/11/2012
Excellent! So i guess voldemort's return will be through a philosopher stone? I love how how you explained the whole magic affinity! And you are obviously a fan of slytherin!(:

Anyway, brilliant job! I look forward to the second year! I'm curious to see how you will do it! Since Harry is no longer a parselmouth! And Lucius may not slip the diary into ginny's cauldron!

I love how snaps poisoned footswitch! It is him right? I mean after how he insulted lily Evans! Is his name even footswitch? Hahahaha!

Anyway, hurry write the second year soon! I'm honna go check your profile just in case now! Tata!(:
Serendipity chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
Huh. I'll admit, just going off of the summary, I was a little uncertain about this story. But any tale that has Harry living with Sirius (who, as Nonjon has proved time and time again, is a seriously (Hah!) underused character) is good enough for me.
Joe chapter 18 . 9/11/2012
Fantastic!
GreenGrizzly chapter 18 . 9/11/2012
Wow! There are so many things I love about your fic I’m having to take a moment to decide what to address first. Well, I guess the magical inheritance/traits regarding blood and Pureblood versus Mugglborns will have to do. Amazing! It was truly a unique concept and one I haven’t seen before. Though I checked out Aya Macchioto’s fic first, I didn’t get past looking at the summary as yours is further along and I dislike abandoned stories, but will eventually come around to reading it too.
The fact your acknowledging that while the two worlds/realities are similar, they are vastly different breaks up the monotony other stories seem to fall into. Too often reality traveling stories have only one difference and it’s all too easy for Harry to make changes and suddenly your thinking, “Why isn’t this a time travel fic instead?”
The one thing I disliked was having Harry’s name changed to Orion and then, while Sirius would use it, you would still refer to him as Harry when outside of dialog. In chapter six whilst in Sirius’ point of view, it sounded more… genuine? It just seems that Harry isn’t committing to the role he’s playing and while you haven’t directly had Harry mention thinking about himself as Harry, other than saying something to the effect of the name Orion sounding ‘right’, it’s frustrating. I can’t help but feel the older Harry would feel that he’s disrespecting the version of himself that died. I don’t know! Maybe, I just don’t like having to read ‘Harry thought…’ and ‘Orion did…’ Like I said, frustrating.
Though there is a commonly overused statement about sorting when children are eleven instead of in their seventh year as all kids would end up in Slytherin, I really like how you portray Harry’s cunning side. While he certainly has ambition, taking down Voldemort and getting into politics is certainly ambitious, his older mind and experiences allow for a more manipulative if slightly altruistic Harry.
On the subject of pairings, thank you for acknowledging it isn’t going to be slash. It’s one of my pet peeves that a writer doesn’t inform readers before hand, even if there’s a possibility. And while I’m not a huge romance fan, even mentioning a main character having a casual fling can break the tedium of… well non romantic life. I get that he’s eleven currently but it did strike me as odd that canon Harry didn’t even acknowledge he had a crush until fourth year. I mean, I was making googly eyes at a girl when I was nine! Then again, my second grade teacher was hot! Have you noticed that the older you get in your career as a student, the uglier teachers look? There’s a conspiracy there, I just know it!
gabbygirl89 chapter 18 . 9/11/2012
I'm glad I've found this story! I absolutely love it! I can't wait for more! I hope you update soon! Like really, really soon!
LuxEterna1 chapter 12 . 9/11/2012
as im rereading this i just noticed it
but if deans father is a pureblood shoulnt his surname been recognized? (in the old timeline)
or if he had the name of his mother why is his name still thomas?
Starkaster chapter 18 . 9/11/2012
Very interesting so far! Thanks for writing!
iwannabeX chapter 18 . 9/11/2012
had to reread the whole thing, but it was enjoyable. the true test of a favorite story on my list is not whether it was an excellent read - it's whether i can be arsed to plod through it once again when it gets updated after a few months: i must say this one passes with flying colours :)
666Neme666 chapter 18 . 9/11/2012
Great chapter! I enjoyed it so much! :D I had to read back a bit to know what happened before, but it was all right. I'm in love with this story. Hermione and Harry and Draco and Sirius and ALL of them... they are so great! I hope you will continue it soon. Will you do it here, or in another story? Oh, I'm so excited! :D
Lemrinth chapter 18 . 9/11/2012
Who stole the Philosopher's stone? I wonder what changes the plotline will undergo.
Emily J. Redbird chapter 18 . 9/10/2012
Wow, I just reread the story and was amazed at how good it was! I love this story, and I think your characters keep in character. Good job!

Keep writing, please *puppy dog eyes*

Emily
Liz chapter 18 . 9/10/2012
I love, love, love this story. It's well thought out, avoids pitfalls that redo stories tend to fall into, and has a very interesting take on the wizarding world and on the characters in it. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Proper the Incredible chapter 18 . 9/10/2012
BRAVO! I am so happy that you are back on track and posting chapters again. Got worried there for a moment. This was a splendid chapter in my opinion and I am glad that, that dreadfull teacher is gone.
Penny is wise chapter 18 . 9/10/2012
Awesome chapter.
sunsethill chapter 18 . 9/10/2012
Very nice chapter. You are doing a great job of keeping this interesting, with a complex plot. I think I loved Draco the most in this chapter. Harry's insight into his character in this chapter was amusing, and you give us hope that he will grow up to actually be a good person if Harry and Sirius can deal with Voldemort early. In most stories you know that Draco needs to go through the horror of canon years six and seven to improve, but Harry is subtly working his magic on him. ;-)
2,834 | « Prev Page 1 .. 94 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 114 .. Last Next »