Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
Procusi chapter 22 . 8/3/2013
Heavy chapter.

I don't understand Harry's thing about the wand. Why can't he just go have a custom one made?
Procusi chapter 19 . 8/3/2013
"I always thought the whole Philosopher's Stone thing didn't make much sense. An artefact that powerful shouldn't be stashed in a school and surely Flamel would just make another Stone if his first one was destroyed?"

I agree. Some of the better fanfic explanations I have seen are that Flamel gave Dumbledore a fake and used its supposed destruction to "die" and make a new identity.

I can't also see Flamel sticking it in a bank. He's hundreds of years old - I am sure he knows enough magic to protect/hide something better than goblins.
Angelic Fluffle chapter 22 . 8/2/2013
So not even Harry is perfect... How sad.
EmptySurface chapter 22 . 8/2/2013
That was a HORRIBLE ending! And I don't mean that as an insult. It was actually very well written and very interesting...but, still. I really liked Arcturus! And then Harry's actions... Poor him; he'll have nightmares for years! And I have NO IDEA how Sirius will react once he finds out. I doubt he'll be pleased or impressed.

I really want to find out what happens next. Great work!
EmptySurface chapter 5 . 8/2/2013
I LOVE it! But I do hope Sirius reconciles with Remus soon... and I know it probably wont be as smooth and quick as it was in canon, but still! And Remus would probably want to apologize...everything considered. Great work!
FayTheWriter chapter 22 . 8/1/2013
My eyes are stinging right now... Poor Harry... Poor, poor Harry...

That was incredible. I loved it and I hope you'll update soon. The whole story idea is actually kind of original. I haven't read a story where Harry goes back in time in a different universe, saves Sirius, becomes a Black, AND befriends Draco Malfoy.

Once again, I LOVE THIS!
omnomsoup chapter 22 . 7/30/2013
D:
...

D: D: D: D: D:
Unturned chapter 22 . 7/30/2013
It might not have wanted to be written, but this chapter was amazing.
Poor Harry :(
omnomsoup chapter 16 . 7/29/2013
phew. I thought for sure something bad would happen with the Assessor talent he pretended to have. But now that he actually has it, crisis averted.
Also, to be honest, I wouldn't mind him with Daphne. However she is so young so I guess I'll have to wait till later on in the story after she matures a bit more to offer a more accurate opinion on the matter.
Hana Ochinara chapter 22 . 7/29/2013
I really love your story! It is so amazing and I can't wait to see the ending! Please continue this fanfiction because for me this story is the most creative one and also my favorite! 3
SayCheshire chapter 22 . 7/25/2013
Nooooooooooooooo. I think you're no longer updating this, but oh well. It was just getting interesting.

I like the Assessor angle. I think it's very original the way you presented Samhain, Yule and Baltane. You didn't spend too much time on them and make them terribly important, which is always a plus. This story effectively presents a wizarding society that's very different from the Muggle one. That being said, I don't really LIKE it. I appreciate that you're trying to show the pureblood side of the muggle/wizard split but your narrative comes across as... er, well, preaching. Every time the topic comes up and we get to see the "difference" between Harry and Draco, Harry seems to me more and more like a hypocrite. I don't know if it was your take on the pureblood movement. It seems like Sirius and Harry are being bigots on their own, except they don't KNOW it. Muggleborns are supposed to have wild magic and purebloods have specialized abilities. They both came across as really condescending.

I definitely can see Hermione following Harry into Slytherin but I can't see her adapting, Daphne or no. Not as fast as she has. I don't like her here. She basically allows you to keep exploring the muggle/wizarding angle, and it shows. It seems to be her only purpose. I'm not sure if she's being bullied by the Ravenclaws in her year or if she's friends with them; I find this a little hard to believe. I think you went WAY too far with it. You had Sirius explaining it to Harry, Harry to Hermione, the whole DADA arc... It was too much, too fast. Rowling never gives us so much as a hint on the purebloods' side. I'm not saying you should merely stick to what she says (because that's the purpose of fanfiction) but since there is no hint of it in canon, it's too jarring in your story.

This is the time to tell you I find your Snape brilliant for purposely botching up a potion meant to kill. I really didn't like that Lily was given the credit for something she didn't do. I don't know who should have gotten the credit, but it certainly shouldn't have been a dead woman. The werewolf thing is too melodramatic, actually. If Harry feels like it's him and Sirius against the whole world, it's because he is. He's trying to tackle the world's problems all at once. He's too perfect and too boring.

And to me, this doesn't seem like Harry at all.
PlumeVif151 chapter 22 . 7/24/2013
Oh no it's so sad, I can't believe it.
I really enjoy your story but Arcturus' death was really unexpected and I kind of resent you for that one.
But anyway I'll continue to read your story and hope you'll continue to write this.
Can't wait for the next chapter
Chimebelle chapter 22 . 7/23/2013
Dang, arctutus.. Dead? I remember he wanted to be creamenated. Yes thats not funny anymore is it? That was a horrible death. Ugh, you made it so realistic and heart- aching that i have tears in my eyes! Sniff. Loved it.
WhiteMoonKnight chapter 22 . 7/23/2013
Oh dear. Yes, I can see why this chapter did not want to be written, but it was a very, very good chapter all the same.

I don't want Sirius to die!

Poor Harry.

And I liked Arcturus, too. I guess Sirius is the head of the family, now? My German Shepherd is called Arcturus, just randomly. Have you ever found that it's a difficult name to type? I always seem to spell it wrong the first time and have to go back and retype it.
WhiteMoonKnight chapter 19 . 7/23/2013
Lockhart again! Ooh, I never knew whether to loathe him or be vaguely amused by him.

Yeah, I never understood the Stone thing either, to be honest. It seemed a bit silly. But that first book really was a children's story, where the rest weren't so much, so I guess it didn't have to make as much sense?

I've been enjoying this story a lot. I love stories where Harry goes back in time/to an AU and makes changes. Some authors never finish them though. I also enjoy the Sirius chapters.
3,808 | « Prev Page 1 .. 96 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 116 .. Last Next »