Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
olciak123 chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Such a shame that Arcturus had to die. He was an inteligent and wise wizard, who could be a great aid in destroying Voldemort as well as could become a true family to Harry.
Well written, but still I miss the old Black. What will become of Sirius carrying the burden of Lordship without the Paterfamilias? An what of Malfoys? I don't think that they are going to let it slide without interfering.
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
But... But... I was starting to like him.

Nice game changer, though.
bakapervert chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Thanks for the update.
Rai Owen chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
That sure was interesting. Curious how the aftermath of this will look...
LuxEterna1 chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
good work even if im not happy with the content
i will miss arcturus
Lamon chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Wow what a morbid tragic chapter. Yeah kill off the one good guy who actually has some intelligence. There goes Harry and Sirius's support.
hentai18ancilla chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Alea iacta est. The die has been cast-and now it falls to see just where it rolls int his game of pawns and bishops...
SuperiorShortness chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
This chapter I don't think reaches the quality of prior chapters... Everything was so rushed and very poorly thought out.
Madame Minuit12 chapter 21 . 7/7/2013
awesome story :) :)
i love it! well written and a good plot with believable characteres brilliant :D
I cannot wait for the next chapter!
guest chapter 20 . 7/7/2013
One has to wonder, why nobody ever thought of selling the stuff Hagrid gets out of the forbidden forest. In canon it's only Slughorn who finds Hagrid's hut to be a treasure chest. It's probably not enough to really make a dent into Hogwart's debt, that would require the basilisk in the chamber, I think. But selling Acromantula venom and unicorn hair should at least help.
If the wizards don't want to use the forest for this, why do they even want it?
I know, it's probably some illogical reason.
Ninjaru chapter 21 . 7/3/2013
LOVE love love it! I cant wait to read more from you!
fuser chapter 21 . 7/1/2013
Great story, I ended up reading it in one sitting. Overall you've managed to merge several concepts together well from Hogwarts tuition to Pureblood views etc. My main problem though is with regards to the main Potter vault. I realise that you've commented on Sirius' financial situation but the Potters are an old Pureblood family which according to the canon is almost as old as the Blacks and Malfoys. It seems incomprehensible that they wouldn't have a main vault, not to mention the fact that the Potters had to live off something. But overall a very good read and I can't wait to read more.
Also there seems to be a mistake in this chapter where you've repeated yourself and it doesn't quite make sense. Here's the excerpt in which you seem to repeat yourself:

"I like her," Harry said simply. "And don't call her that. Her name is Luna."

"I've already stopped using the 'm-word', what more can you want?" Draco sniffed. "You can't get your way in everything, Orion."

Harry thought that was ironic considering how self-centred Draco could be. Whenever Harry was in danger of forgetting that fact, the boy opened his mouth and reminded him. Sure enough, Draco spent a whole hour telling them all about his skAssessor ability must be faulty."

"I like her," Harry said simply. "And don't call her that. Her name is Luna."

Harry thought that was ironic considering how self-centred Draco could be. Whenever Harry ill on a broom and how he'd definitely be picked for the Quidditch team if he ever deigned to try out, and then another hour pouting after the others laughed at him.
HellsMaji chapter 2 . 6/30/2013
Well hopefully Harry knows how to speak French, otherwise that's a massive hole in his story.
Phoniex Fire Pixie chapter 21 . 6/30/2013
I cried I ran out of chapters. It's a great story and can't wait to read more .
reader chapter 11 . 6/29/2013
Considering the general attitude of the wizarding world to muggles in canon & their lack of knowledge (even Mr Weasley who really liked learning about muggles) & wizards long lifespans it seems reasonable. A bit biased but if tune with what you have shown to be the general attitude in theis world.
3,681 | « Prev Page 1 .. 98 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 118 .. Last Next »