Reviews for A Necessary Gift: A Harry Potter Story
Adara Starborn chapter 26 . 10/25/2016
I love your story. Please update soon
moodysavage chapter 16 . 10/24/2016
I know I'm not caught up reading this since I just found this story... but I'm really liking it. I especially liked how Harry read Snape and Dumbledore. I found myself hoping they would find out he's Harry Potter since they seem to have lost something with his death. Like they have no purpose and that failure was overwhelming. Maybe helping with the potion will help Severus.
HarrryPottter chapter 26 . 10/24/2016
When will you post the next chappie?
Roma Vivit chapter 26 . 10/21/2016
Please update
Guest chapter 19 . 10/15/2016
I think Harry is stupid to dismiss the warning of the Divination Professor. She did predict Voldemorts defeat and Pettigrews escape in canon if I am not mistaken. And now she fortold Voldemorts return in August ("eights hour") if he would have listened and not shoved her off as insane drunk. The Philosophers Stone being stolen should have been his first guess to take the warning seriously. But whatever, ranting about an fictional event and fictional character won't help me.
LadyDisdain2014 chapter 26 . 10/15/2016
This story is really interesting. I enjoy how much is different in this universe, and the effects of Harry not being Harry.

Hope you continue writing!
Uchiha Aimee chapter 26 . 10/12/2016
I thought this was a great take on a parallel universe AU. It looks like you haven't abandoned it so that's a good sign! I'm looking forward to being able to read what you have in store next.
Guest chapter 19 . 10/9/2016
I absolutely adore the way you portrayed flamel.
Some Guy In An Ambulance chapter 24 . 10/8/2016
Overall great plot, but I have one glaring issue. The word incredulously is used probably three to five times in every single damn chapter. That's insane! Especially for a binge reader like me. A charming word that is appropriate in a appropriate places used as much as it is has sucked the charm right out, I like the word, but it's painful to read. EVERYONE is looking at me incredulously BLAAARG!
epain chapter 22 . 10/7/2016
This is an interesting story. It was a good idea to blame Death Eaters for the death of Arcturus Black.
Elaine Lake chapter 26 . 9/30/2016
Hope you continue. Since i added this story to my alert list in July 2015 it hasn't been updated…and i am dying to know what happens next! Your idea is very captivating.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/15/2016
this is a fun story
Fick Chick chapter 25 . 9/14/2016
Btw, when did Harry get a wand to replace the one he burned out on the cave? Did he keep the one he accioed there because that one could raise questions if recognized by family members?
Shadowflame3.14 chapter 26 . 9/12/2016
This is a very intriguing and enjoyable story. I think the pureblood society you have created goes far beyond the canon in its complexity and structure, but it is convincing and realistic nonetheless. The plot is intricate but sensible, though there were a few things I found a bit too far fetched. I don't think exorcising Binns was realistic at all nor does it seem to have served a purpose. Also, while it does make sense that Hogwarts has tuition (I did wonder how they paid for it in the books because tuition was never mentioned), having the old headmaster gamble away part of the school took it too far. I can't see anyone who would do that becoming Hogwarts headmaster nor do I think the headmaster has it within his power.

The new Harry/Orion fits in well with Slytherin, but it does seem to make him a completely different character to the original Harry. I suppose he has had some experiences that could lead to a drastic change of character, but I feel like he's fallen into the role of cunning manipulator a little too well. He's also taken to the whole new universe thing really easily. And his temper has completely disappeared.

Having Voldemort join the Wizengamot is a brilliant idea, although I would have thought there would be more involved in adding new members and it was too easy for him. It's good that the timeline is not following the canon too closely (it really wouldn't make sense to), and even with Harry's knowledge the war hasn't become easy.

I think the AU characters are realistic. They haven't felt artificial trying to match their canon personalities. Hermione's character seems pretty on point for what she would be like in this situation although she is showing her Gryffindor side a little too much instead of being a Slytherin. Interesting choice putting her in Slytherin, and I think she could be a little more cunning than she has been.

It's a great story and I do hope you continue. It focuses on intrigue rather than action which is a refreshing change from most fanfics which often have action but little plot development.
Cursa chapter 26 . 9/11/2016
I love the complexity of this story! Absolutely fantastic! I have pretty much read it straight through and am now hungry for more. I hope you continue soon!
3,859 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »